Class of 2024 - LB Zekai Wimberly (NJ) Flipped to Hampton | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 LB Zekai Wimberly (NJ) Flipped to Hampton

Kid from Iona Prep that you mention is my surprise player this year. Not a lot of people talking about him for some reason. Everyone likes the D lineman from Buffalo (for good reason), but Iona kid has NFL measurables.
We fought hard to get his commitment. He's going to surprise.

Kid from Iona Prep that you mention is my surprise player this year. Not a lot of people talking about him for some reason. Everyone likes the D lineman from Buffalo (for good reason), but Iona kid has NFL measurables.
Nobody talks about Zyian Moultrie Goddard because of his low star rating. How they can give him an 83 makes absolutely no sense to me. He certainly has the measurables at 6’-0” 240 lbs. he has the offers; Ariz St, Tenn, WVU, and Rutgers. Plus he looks legit on his highlights.

But below is his 247 scouting bio so maybe they graded him when he was a sophomore or something and didn’t care to ever revisit it again.

Scouting Report​

H.S. Athletic Background​

Zyian Moultrie-Goddard is a 6-2, 175-pound Outside Linebacker from New Rochelle, NY

Nobody talks about Zyian Moultrie Goddard because of his low star rating. How they can give him an 83 makes absolutely no sense to me. He certainly has the measurables at 6’-0” 240 lbs. he has the offers; Ariz St, Tenn, WVU, and Rutgers. Plus he looks legit on his highlights.

But below is his 247 scouting bio so maybe they graded him when he was a sophomore or something and didn’t care to ever revisit it again.

Scouting Report​

Zyian Moultrie-Goddard is a 6-2, 175-pound Outside Linebacker from New Rochelle, NY
His decision to shun the lowly Rutgers football program made the Rutgers fan boys who assign player ratings very unhappy.

They showed him!

Scouting Report​

Besides the height, weight and position, they were dead on with this evaluation.

Creating some spots for Fran’s guys. Way easier to do it as quick as possible to give these guys a chance to find another landing spot. IMO our defensive system is going to be much different so going to need diff types of guys than we have recruited recently (especially front 7)

Interesting it's NJ kids. You'd think it would be other states.
Actually it makes perfect sense that Jersey kids are de-committing first, as those are the kids Fran has most likely already evaluated during his time at UGA and knows they won’t fit his program at SU. I wouldn’t be surprised if 50%+ of the current commits drop.

Actually it makes perfect sense they are Jersey kids that are de-committing first, as those are the kids Fran has most likely already evaluated during his time at UGA and knows they won’t fit his program at SU. I wouldn’t be surprised if 50%+ of the current commits drop.

And if that happens, that just opens up scholarships for additional recruits / portal transfers.

As I posted in a different thread, open scholarships / roster spots are highly valuable, now that Brown is in town. Hate to see guys on the roster depart, hate to see some of the recruits bail -- but viewed through the lens of opportunity, this is great for our program.

And if that happens, that just opens up scholarships for additional recruits / portal transfers.

As I posted in a different thread, open scholarships / roster spots are highly valuable, now that Brown is in town. Hate to see guys on the roster depart, hate to see some of the recruits bail -- but viewed through the lens of opportunity, this is great for our program.
He’ll find a way to free up 15-20 positions, if not more. He knows he needs to grab as much talent as possible during the next month. He can’t wait an entire year to turn over the roster.

1) it’s pretty clear Fran has personally evaluated all of our current commitments and is making calls in a professional manner to rescind offers

2) I’m sure he’s probably already made a dozen or so offers on new recruits that will shape his “gap” class. We know he isn’t going to bring in 4/5 star guys immediately, but he needs to upgrade as best as he can during this short period. I’d expect more to come from the portal than new HS recruits, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

3) once he’s done with the current class I would expect him to do a full evaluation on the current roster. We’ll probably see a lot of transfers after the bowl game. It won’t hurt us to have an early bowl.

In Fran I trust. We haven’t had a talent evaluator like him on staff in a very, very long time.

Yup. I wasn't sold on the twins. This one I'll trust Fran's judgement. It's interesting these are all Jersey kids, shows how confident he is that we didn't recruit the level of players he thinks he can get and he's not worried about any backlash from it in NJ.

I’m not sold on Braheem Long, Michael-Matthew’s Canty, Jayden Brown, Clinton Robinson, Noah Rosahac, Matthew Stenbroten.

If any of these names I listed you’re high on and think I’m wrong please tell me so I can get excited

I’m not sold on Braheem Long, Michael-Matthew’s Canty, Jayden Brown, Clinton Robinson, Noah Rosahac, Matthew Stenbroten.

If any of these names I listed you’re high on and think I’m wrong please tell me so I can get excited
I kind of feel we need a guy named Braheem on the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom