LeBron goes off on Barkley | Syracusefan.com

LeBron goes off on Barkley

Fireball Jr.

All American
LeBron has never let loose like this throughout his 15 years under the microscope. Lot of pent-up frustration after a road loss at Dallas, I'd imagine, but I like how LBJ was candid like athletes (and politicians) rarely are. Love how LeBron rattled off some of Barkley's major f-ups off the top of his head and threw in the tidbit about Barkley's behavior during the NBA finals when LeBron was 9.

He missed a shot at a real zinger, though, by failing to bring up Barkley's non-existent championship rings.

LeBron's far from perfect and certainly deserving of criticism at times, and Barkley is paid to make controversial comments, but Charles clearly got under LBJ's skin by ridiculously questioning LeBron's will to compete.
LeBron throws down gauntlet: Barkley 'a hater'

LeBron has never let loose like this throughout his 15 years under the microscope. Lot of pent-up frustration after a road loss at Dallas, I'd imagine, but I like how LBJ was candid like athletes (and politicians) rarely are. Love how LeBron rattled off some of Barkley's major f-ups off the top of his head and threw in the tidbit about Barkley's behavior during the NBA finals when LeBron was 9.

He missed a shot at a real zinger, though, by failing to bring up Barkley's non-existent championship rings.

LeBron's far from perfect and certainly deserving of criticism at times, and Barkley is paid to make controversial comments, but Charles clearly got under LBJ's skin by ridiculously questioning LeBron's will to compete.
LeBron throws down gauntlet: Barkley 'a hater'

I think Barkley was making professional comments about on-court stuff and LBJ got his feelings hurt and went personal. As you mentioned he never mentioned Barkley's lack of rings or even his on-court play, everything LBJ mentioned was off-court, personal time stuff...Barkley's comments were all related to on-court stuff...I don't have a problem with either of their opinions and think both were right, just pointing out the difference in professional, on-court vs. personal, off-court...

Nothing Lebron brought up was basketball related. It was all personal with Barkley. Barkley is the typical old man who wants everyone to get off his lawn because he think's he did things the right way when in reality winning was never the most important thing to him.

I tuned in to Mike and Mike figuring I'd hear some talk about the Super Bowl. I was even hoping that they might mention the Cardinals' punishment for hacking the Astros. Instead all they talked about was this. Honestly, I have zero interest in Lebron or his tiff with Barkley. I can't believe that they basically devoted the whole show (or at least 6:00-7:30) on this. When is Greeny leaving the show? Don't even get me started on the new 6:00pm SportsCenter. That's going to be unwatchable.

Now turn that music down it's too damn loud!

A good way to distinguish between legitimate criticism and the whining of a moron is the use of the word "hater."

That word is the best that a thin-skinned child can come up with when articulating a real concern is too much trouble.

A good way to distinguish between legitimate criticism and the whining of a moron is the use of the word "hater."

That word is the best that a thin-skinned child can come up with when articulating a real concern is too much trouble.

Did you read his comments? It's not like calling him a hater was the sum of his thoughts. He articulated a hell of a lot.

Did you read his comments? It's not like calling him a hater was the sum of his thoughts. He articulated a hell of a lot.

OK, I've got a little egg on my face. Only read the headline.

Lebron's comments last week were whiny and he has every right to complain but this was frustration.
Barkley criticizes everyone.
Lebron went after Barkley's personal problems I guess he is opening the floodgates to Barkley go after Lebron's personal life.
Lebron obviously had been thinking about Barkley for a week as he had his ducks lined up to take shots at Barkley.
The NBA is a salary cap league the Cavs are 30 million over the cap. Gilbert isn't penny pinching.

Lebron's comments last week were whiny and he has every right to complain but this was frustration.
Lebron went after Barkley's personal problems I guess he is opening the floodgates to Barkley go after Lebron's personal life.
Lebron obviously had been thinking about Barkley for a week as he had his ducks lined up to take shots at Barkley.
The NBA is a salary cap league the Cavs are 30 million over the cap. Gilbert isn't penny pinching.

Well...Cleveland can easily acquire the backup PG LeBron is looking for...they have multiple trade exceptions of roughly $5 million and they already have an extra roster spot that they aren't using. They're certainly spending a lot, but they have the capability to get the guys that LeBron wants as well.

Well...Cleveland can easily acquire the backup PG LeBron is looking for...they have multiple trade exceptions of roughly $5 million and they already have an extra roster spot that they aren't using. They're certainly spending a lot, but they have the capability to get the guys that LeBron wants as well.

They are going to hold a big Free Agent workout for a bunch of has beens.

Lance Stephenson
Hinrich
Mario Chalmers

Do we know who Lebron wants? I know he mentioned guys like Felton before the year.

Main bottom line for me is, no way Lebron should be close to the league lead in minutes. T hats a complete failure on Lue's part.

Nobody, even LBJ, says he's penny pinching. He was just candid with local beat reporters after another bad loss about his frustration and the need for a backup point guard. That's no secret. Meanwhile, the team that won 73 games last year and blew a 3-1 lead in the finals added Durant.

Cavs miss Dellavedova.

As for LeBron's personal life, he's a child of the social media era, his entire life has been under the microscope since he was in 10th, 11th grade. Have to believe if he had some hiccups off the court, they'd have been exposed and discussed ad nauseum.

Charles went after LeBron's character as a competitor. That's personal and ludicrous.

Only thing about LBJ's rant I'd take a shot at is the "new sheriff in town" line. Could've ended it better...like bringing up Charles lack of rings.

One of Barkley's long-time nemeses was quick to respond to LeBron.

Do we know who Lebron wants? I know he mentioned guys like Felton before the year.

Main bottom line for me is, no way Lebron should be close to the league lead in minutes. T hats a complete failure on Lue's part.

I suspect that LeBron would be satisfied with basically any competent backup PG.

Nobody, even LBJ, says he's penny pinching. He was just candid with local beat reporters after another bad loss about his frustration and the need for a backup point guard. That's no secret. Meanwhile, the team that won 73 games last year and blew a 3-1 lead in the finals added Durant.

Cavs miss Dellavedova.

As for LeBron's personal life, he's a child of the social media era, his entire life has been under the microscope since he was in 10th, 11th grade. Have to believe if he had some hiccups off the court, they'd have been exposed and discussed ad nauseum.

Charles went after LeBron's character as a competitor. That's personal and ludicrous.

Only thing about LBJ's rant I'd take a shot at is the "new sheriff in town" line. Could've ended it better...like bringing up Charles lack of rings.

One of Barkley's long-time nemeses was quick to respond to LeBron.

Oakley slapped the chit out of Barkley during a 1999 players meeting discussing the lockout. Oakley lives in Charlotte, NC and is Michael Jordan's unofficial body guard and is a dude who doesn't care.

LeBron's personal life should remain personal by attacking Barkley's personal life he is going low. Barkley is a loud mouth who says what he thinks unfiltered. Reading the book on the 1992 Dream Team by Jack Macallum you see Jordan was worried about Barkley as a potential rival but he quickly realized Barkley didn't have the work ethic to be in his league. Karl Malone had a better career because he kept himself in better shape than Barkley.

The Cavs are making a move. They shouldn't care if they are 1, 2, 3 ,4 seed. They are winning the East. LeBron doesn't need to say anything about the roster. Griffin is going to make moves. Lue is stupidly playing a 32 year old LeBron 40 minutes a game. That is just insane and that has to be part of LeBron's frustration. The Barkley stuff is just LeBron pent up frustration but it does no good. Barkley won't shut up.

Barkley talks too much and says dumb stuff. The "willing to compete" stuff is just dumb.

That said, Lebron often comes off as way too concerned about his "legacy" for a guy still playing.

I tuned in to Mike and Mike figuring I'd hear some talk about the Super Bowl. I was even hoping that they might mention the Cardinals' punishment for hacking the Astros. Instead all they talked about was this. Honestly, I have zero interest in Lebron or his tiff with Barkley. I can't believe that they basically devoted the whole show (or at least 6:00-7:30) on this. When is Greeny leaving the show? Don't even get me started on the new 6:00pm SportsCenter. That's going to be unwatchable.

Now turn that music down it's too damn loud!

You would be in the minority I think on this. Cardinals/ Astros? Really.

I don't really have a dog in the LeBron/ Chuck stuff but watching Shaq, Kenny and Chuck is pure comedy

I used to love that show -- and Chuck -- but it's tired, he's tired.

Absolutely love Shaq, but he needs to speak up, no clue what he's saying 3/4 of the time.

There's a part of me that would love for it to be Lance

Only if they're willing to make Lance blowing in his ear their own celebration.

Otherwise, I'm rooting for Chalmers. Who didn't enjoy watching LeBron and Wade scream at Chalmers even if it was them that screwed up?

I used to love that show -- and Chuck -- but it's tired, he's tired.

Absolutely love Shaq, but he needs to speak up, no clue what he's saying 3/4 of the time.

I like Shaq, but I liked the show better before he was on it. Just Kenny, Ernie, Chuck, and sometimes Webber. Webber was better on there than Shaq, to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom