Lebron James is a coward | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Lebron James is a coward

The premise of the thread is assinine, and you have to admit a few people are conspicuously absent today.

Of course, the OP is ridiculous...there are a few that go of the hinges when lebron is brought up. used to be like that with Kobe.

Not enough attention is being given to Mike Millers epic douchiness.

Hey Frank Vogel...the Heat are running pick and roll for James and Wade EVERY play to get a run at Hibbert, who cannot move laterally against quick guys... an adjustment might have been necessary at some point the last 3 games...

Most cowardly 30 point beatdown in NBA history.

WHERE HAVE ALL THE SAMSPANNS GONE????

you don't seem very bright, judging by your lame and unoriginal use of caps lock. I never called "The Chosen One" a coward.

Good thing for the Heat that Wade stepped up in Games 4-6.

Where are all of the "Trade Wade", "Wade sucks" people?

you don't seem very bright, judging by your lame and unoriginal use of caps lock. I never called "The Chosen One" a coward.

Good thing for the Heat that Wade stepped up in Games 4-6.

Where are all of the "Trade Wade", "Wade sucks" people?

No, but you lead the charge the minute Lebron/Miami loses. When things don't quite fit the "OMG LEBRON CHOKES" narrative, you're nowhere to be found.

The haters tend to blend together after a while, and for that I apologize.

Got to give credit where credit is due. Lebron has been great in the Celtic series. It may be tied 2-2 but that not Lebron's fault. For the record, imo, that three he hit to tie the game was a "clutch shot" ;)

I almost wish he would have taken the last shot in regulation. Yes, he was triple covered..but no one else on that team had been hitting much. Kind of cowardly to not shoot it over all those guys...

I'm not sure an open Haslem is better than Lebron shooting over 3 guys.

Got to give credit where credit is due. Lebron has been great in the Celtic series. It may be tied 2-2 but that not Lebron's fault. For the record, imo, that three he hit to tie the game was a "clutch shot" ;)

Funny, because Van Gundy asked the same thing to start the OT. (and yes, i pretty clearly have a man crush on Van Gundy the announcer based on how often I reference him).

What's going on with Lebron at the line though?

Funny, because Van Gundy asked the same thing to start the OT. (and yes, i pretty clearly have a man crush on Van Gundy the announcer based on how often I reference him).

What's going on with Lebron at the line though?
Van Gundy is incredible. Best analyst out there imo. Yea Lebron can only hit every other free throw, same with Wade. Boston missed a bunch last night. Maybe a combination of pressure and exhaustion?

Van Gundy is incredible. Best analyst out there imo. Yea Lebron can only hit every other free throw, same with Wade. Boston missed a bunch last night. Maybe a combination of pressure and exhaustion?

Might be. Free throw line I feel like is a place where you might see the pressure get to guys, since it's not part of the flow of the game.

I wonder if Spo is playing Lebron a few too many minutes. He's a great athlete but it's hard for a perimeter guy to play 45 minutes every game. I saw a thing on basketball prospectus where his numbers are really great when he has an extra day of rest between games.

All I know it...D Wade needs to step up. He can't keep having these invisible first halves only to come on late. He needs to put up Lebron type scoring numbers.

That last play was more on Spo not drawing something better up than it was on Lebron. The C's played it perfectly. I'm sure they'll take a fadeaway Haslem jumper any day.

The only knock on Lebron (when comparing him to MJ or saying he is one of the best all time) is the clutch. Now props to Lebron, he hit a big game tying 3 under one minute left in Boston Game 4, however youre somewhat suprised when he makes that shot. Paul Pierce hit that dagger three last night and you just knew it was going in. With LBJ free throw shooting issues im starting to wonder if he exerts himself so much throughout the game that he fades down the stretch due to exhaustion, sometimes that shows up in free throw shooting...just a thought.

The only knock on Lebron (when comparing him to MJ or saying he is one of the best all time) is the clutch. Now props to Lebron, he hit a big game tying 3 under one minute left in Boston Game 4, however youre somewhat suprised when he makes that shot. Paul Pierce hit that dagger three last night and you just knew it was going in. With LBJ free throw shooting issues im starting to wonder if he exerts himself so much throughout the game that he fades down the stretch due to exhaustion, sometimes that shows up in free throw shooting...just a thought.

I was thinking that recently as well. But his FT shooting has been uniformly bad, right? Like first half, second half, hasn't seemed to matter.

It's possible in general you are right though. Maybe instead of 45 minutes a game he should be closer to 42? But I'm not sure i can blame Spoelstra; especially if Bosh can't play a lot of minutes, I would he hard pressed to sit my best player, who seems to be a freak of nature athletically, more than a 2 or 3 minutes per game.

I was thinking that recently as well. But his FT shooting has been uniformly bad, right? Like first half, second half, hasn't seemed to matter.

It's possible in general you are right though. Maybe instead of 45 minutes a game he should be closer to 42? But I'm not sure i can blame Spoelstra; especially if Bosh can't play a lot of minutes, I would he hard pressed to sit my best player, who seems to be a freak of nature athletically, more than a 2 or 3 minutes per game.
Yea, and same with Wade. FT shooting has been horrible. I think its funny how people keep saying Lebron has to do it all by himself and he doesnt have any help/all Miami runs is iso for him and Wade because the role players are garbage......hmmmmm sounds like what Melo dealt with in Round 1 with no point guard, no shooting guard, a sick center and injured power forward with bench players who couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. At least Lebrons sdekick is Wade, not a washed up Amare.

Yea, and same with Wade. FT shooting has been horrible. I think its funny how people keep saying Lebron has to do it all by himself and he doesnt have any help/all Miami runs is iso for him and Wade because the role players are garbage......hmmmmm sounds like what Melo dealt with in Round 1 with no point guard, no shooting guard, a sick center and injured power forward with bench players who couldnt hit the broad side of a barn. At least Lebrons sdekick is Wade, not a washed up Amare.

Well yeah, but Miami is in the East Finals and the Knicks lost in the first round.

The more i think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if the minutes are hurting Lebron down th e stretch. There were a couple of possessions in the 4th where he was pulling the standing in the corner routine while Wade had the ball. I thought at the time maybe he was just gassed and needed a few plays to rest. Also when KG blocked him on the drive (which was an incredible play by KG, and he said "get that sh out" right after which was kinda cool), I don't think he normally gets blocked in that situation.

So like I said, I think it would be better if he was playing 42 minutes instead of 45, especially with the every other day nature of the series, but what can you do at this point? It's the east finals, you gotta suck it up and play.

Wonder if Riley takes over if Miami loses. You almost think he would have to. I'm not saying the Heat players don't respect Spo, but I KNOW they'd respect Riley. Those rings will do it. Oh yeah, can someone explain why Bosh didn't play down the stretch last night?

Thing I notice is that OKC/SA/Boston all have players who gasp:: hit open shots. Miami does not. This is my biggest issue with NYK. Lin is an average shooter, Shump is an average shooter, Melo is an average 3 ball shooter. Backup pg's couldnt space the floor, JR is way inconsistent and Novak cant shoot if someone is within arms length of him.

Also OKC/SA/Boston's pieces just fit, they flow, they compliment each other. Miami's do not...guess what, neither do NY''s. We have 3 people clogging the paint with no shooters.

I dont know how we fix this but if we sign Lamar Odom, I hope he takes most of Amare's minutes. Thats my personal quick fix. Sign a decent backup for Lin and sign Odom who can be a stretch 4/5 and play starter minutes backing up both Amare/Tyson. Then pray that Lin and Shump become decent 3 point shooters. Also hope that Amare can regain his KG-like jumpshot.

Thing I notice is that OKC/SA/Boston all have players who gasp:: hit open shots. Miami does not. This is my biggest issue with NYK. Lin is an average shooter, Shump is an average shooter, Melo is an average 3 ball shooter. Backup pg's couldnt space the floor, JR is way inconsistent and Novak cant shoot if someone is within arms length of him.

Also OKC/SA/Boston's pieces just fit, they flow, they compliment each other. Miami's do not...guess what, neither do NY''s. We have 3 people clogging the paint with no shooters.

I dont know how we fix this but if we sign Lamar Odom, I hope he takes most of Amare's minutes.

I',m not sure I want any of Lamar Odom. (I mean if it's for the vet minimum or whatever then fine). The thing about Amare is he was playing well in the stretch before the back started acting up. It's not like the Knicks have any other option than to keep him, so I'm willing to give him a chance to at least get somewhere back to what he was before.

The Knicks spacing in that series was so bad, and at times it was literally painful to watch them on offense.

I',m not sure I want any of Lamar Odom. (I mean if it's for the vet minimum or whatever then fine). The thing about Amare is he was playing well in the stretch before the back started acting up. It's not like the Knicks have any other option than to keep him, so I'm willing to give him a chance to at least get somewhere back to what he was before.

The Knicks spacing in that series was so bad, and at times it was literally painful to watch them on offense.
We cant remedy the spacing though. Our lineup makes no sense. Miami has trouble because they have a shooting guard and a small forward who dont shoot well and like to slash so the spacing is fugly. Ours is even worse. Melo loves to play in the high post and attack, he cant do that with Amare and Chandler both sitting there too. Combine that with the fact we have no shooters to kick out to and its like pulling teeth. If we could rebound we could go with bully-ball but Amare is too cool for rebounding.

I can't believe that after everyone was calling this series "over" after game one, Boston is now up 3-2, and if not for a horrible missed call in game 2, the series COULD be over.

I can't believe that after everyone was calling this series "over" after game one, Boston is now up 3-2, and if not for a horrible missed call in game 2, the series COULD be over.
I completely forgot about that. Rondo should have been shooting 2 with 1:30 left, instead Miami got a dunk to take the lead. Probably the worst missed call I have seen in a long time.

We cant remedy the spacing though. Our lineup makes no sense. Miami has trouble because they have a shooting guard and a small forward who dont shoot well and like to slash so the spacing is fugly. Ours is even worse. Melo loves to play in the high post and attack, he cant do that with Amare and Chandler both sitting there too. Combine that with the fact we have no shooters to kick out to and its like pulling teeth. If we could rebound we could go with bully-ball but Amare is too cool for rebounding.

That's kinda why as much as I love Shump, I',m not 100% sold on him. (though I think he's going to turn into an all league defender) If you run with a back court of Lin and Shump, there's basically no shooting on the floor.

From when Melo came over in 2011 to the end of the year, I think we were like #1 in the league in offensive efficiency. Seems like that was a LONG time ago. It really buys how someone with Amare's size and athleticism can't do solid work on the boards.

I completely forgot about that. Rondo should have been shooting 2 with 1:30 left, instead Miami got a dunk to take the lead. Probably the worst missed call I have seen in a long time.

I think Miami was leading by 2 at the time of the call. And Rondo probably splits the foul shots. But yeah, I don't know how you miss that one. Then again, I've seen a ton of stuff missed in this series. Does Miami win Game 4 if they get the call right when Pierce drew the charge on Lebron when his foot was over the circle? (And I agree with Van Gundy that they should move the charge circle out but maybe not all the way to the bottom of the FT line). I think Danny Ainge said Boston was in year 5 of their 3 year window this year, and he's totally right.

How about that Wade blocked shot last night? My God.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom