Les Miles out at LSU / Ed Orgeron in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Les Miles out at LSU / Ed Orgeron in

We were joking about this, but Lsu finally pulled the trigger. I am stunned they did it in the middle of the season.

Les had been on borrowed time for several years. Just a matter of time

Like I said in the other thread, it makes sense for Lsu. He is a good recruiter, and Lsu has the number 4 ranked class, I guess they hope he can help keep those recruits.

They can take Chip Kelly since he's not doing nothing for my niners.

Not necessarily. It's like the corporate world where you take the nuclear option to calm irate stockholders. Some boosters probably want instant gratification.

midseason tho?

Winning a NC should have insured he didn't get fired in-season unless he did something illegal.

Les deserved the entire year. The talent on LSU is insane at every position but QB.
Eric Dungey is better than Brandon Harris who got Les fired.

Darkhorse name for the LSU job will be Bob Stoops. He has underachieved at Oklahoma and could use the challenge. If not him Tom Herman, Dabo Swinney, and Jimbo Fisher will be talked about.

Winning a NC should have insured he didn't get fired in-season unless he did something illegal.

Les deserved the entire year. The talent on LSU is insane at every position but QB.

Darkhorse name for the LSU job will be Bob Stoops. He has underachieved at Oklahoma and could use the challenge. If not him Tom Herman, Dabo Swinney, and Jimbo Fisher will be talked about.

Herman should be their number one choice, not sure Stoops, Fisher, Sweeney would leave, all have great jobs, on par with Lsu, if not better jobs. I think they should have given Miles the whole season.

No idea who they will eventually look to, but EO has been here before and will get an audition.

When the time comes, I would be stunned if LSU doesn't go the innovative offense HC route when picking the next HC.

Yeah mid season is a shocker.
This could be the new paradigm. Remember Maryland last year. The thought was that moving sooner rather than later gives a program a head start in the race for the best available candidates. Although, I seem to remember that the Terps did not get ahead of the curve in last year's race.

I was just told by a UNC friend to watchout for Larry Fedora to LSU. The UNC people think he will eventually jump to a SEC upper level job. Fedora is the offensive guy LSU could use and he is from Texas so it fits.

With LSU firing Miles midseason that will hurt them as coaches don't like one of their own being embrassed like that. Miles didn't deserve the timing of this firing.