Les Miles out at LSU / Ed Orgeron in | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Les Miles out at LSU / Ed Orgeron in

Herman isn't going anywhere if Houston gets into the Big12.
I agree. He is in the catbird seat and can wait for the So Cal or ND job next year!

Fedora has improved UNC. He isn't overrated he is properly rated. LSU needs an offensive mind as the talent recruits itself.

He has beaten no one. This is his 5th year there and his best Ws by Sagarin are GA Tech (12th in 2014) and Pitt (40th last year). He hasn't lost to a team outside the Top 65 since his 1st season, and his Os have been good. I will give him that. Going into last year he was 21-15 overall and his Ds were a joke. The addition of Chizik and a cake schedule (two FCS teams and the best team played was 40th) is why they were 11-1 to start off last year. I will be surprised if they go better than 8-4 this year, despite playing two FCS teams again.

If Coach O does a good job they might decide to keep him. Who knows?

midseason tho?

Cutting him midseason could also be so that he gets no shot at redeeming himself by the end of the year with some kind of success (like winning the SEC West or beating Alabama). Firing him at the end of the year might become more of a story in the papers/tv if he wound up in the SEC championship. Some powerful people wanted him gone last year and they may be prepared to take the short term hit so that they can get rid of him. This way you also get to take advantage of the anger of the fanbase coming off an embarrassing lose.

Should have happened years ago. He gets top 5 classes (and currently the most NFL players of any school) with little to show the past 4 seasons. He squandered a generational talent (fournette) and took a loaded team which was preseason top 5 to unranked before October. Cant run an offense, can't keep track of the clock, and hires his buddies to be coaches.

Lsu made miles, not the other way around. Any average coach would have a championship at lsu the past 10 years.

I know there are some nervous people in Tallahassee now...

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jimbo ends up at LSU. Herman seems like a logical choice but he may wait it out and see if Houston gets into the Big 12.

I can't see Fisher leaving Fsu.
I can see him leaving someday, but that freshman QB he currently has will probably bring him another national title in time so to leave that situation now would be tough.

I think the SEC has shown all that it cares about is winning, so I wouldn't be shocked to see them leak Briles name just to test the waters. If the overall response isn't that bad I'd be all in and then some. The guy may not have the highest morals, but he can certainly coach football.

Satan is actually the Commissioner of the SEC.

Wow, I know Greg. Used to play pick-up bball with him. Know his wife and in-laws really well... Never realized he was the devil...

Must be why I could never out-rebound him, that or the 6 inches he had on me...:rolleyes:

TampaLaker said:
Wow, I know Greg. Used to play pick-up bball with him. Know his wife and in-laws really well... Never realized he was the devil...

Must be why I could never out-rebound him, that or the 6 inches he had on me...:rolleyes:

Better on ya than in ya, I always say. (Shrek voice).