Let’s Do It Right for Jimmy..... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let’s Do It Right for Jimmy.....

I think that ship sailed on how he reacted/said/was this season especially after that presser.

In all honesty, we need to keep JB away from the program these next year(s) while Red gets up and running. He doesn't need that shadow anywhere near the program and Red really needs to take ownership and lead without the dread old HC hanging around.
One bad press conference doesn’t erase almost 60 years of history. He will get some type of ceremony or honor at some point.

Having one night for Boeheim will have no affect on how Red does.

Why should "we" do it right for Jimmy? How bout Jimmy does it right for Syracuse and the fanbase.

Now, I'm all for having something for him at halftime or something to officially honor his accomplishment at some point next year, but other than that, no thanks. Everyone BUT Jim wanted this to be a smooth transition so, you get what you get.
He has done right by us since the 1060s.

Involving a #35 jersey being hung from the rafters?
The fecking court bears his name. He needs a jersey retired too?

It is funny how all this statue unveiling, Jersey retiring, ceremonial stuff has occurred while our preeminent sports have been on a downward spiral to oblivion (or at least perpetual mediocrity).

A donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund.

Hey!
52742215-212C-4594-B29B-A37868AF8387.gif

Let Jimmy be the honorary coach for next season’s home opener and give him the Dome send off he deserves (despite himself).

I would like to see the contrast of the cheers and guys like Newhouser just standing there with their arms crossed and shaking their head 'no'.

Yall are dirty he put our small university on the map for more than 40 years and yet some of you are full of hate for the man. Disgusting lol. That is all.

no, no, it's not hate when they say they hate him. It's... love? I guess. Respect? Yeah, definitely respect.

(This is not an indictment of those who noted it was time for him to leave. It was. But many times in life it's not what you do, it's how you do it. The 'how' around here was incredibly disappointing to witness.)

Because he's bled orange for 47 years.
You're missing the point of my question but whatever. I don't care to argue over how best to honor Jim. I'm on to Red.

I dont get the attitude of some posters here.

Yeah, Jimmy stayed too long.

Yeah, he could have gone out more gracefully, but today's presser offset a lot of that.

Yeah, maybe there are better ideas than my honorary Coach for a Game.

But the negative attitudes of any true Syracuse fan who cannot appreciate the totality of Jimmy's career and what he did for the University is beyond me.

His run will never be repeated or bettered at Syracuse.

I think some fans here should be flat out ashamed of themselves.

Wildhack said at the PC that the university is planning a way to honor Boeheim. Which they absolutely should and as many people should attend as humanly possible. It has nothing to do at all with the last two years.

Wildhack said at the PC that the university is planning a way to honor Boeheim. Which they absolutely should and as many people should attend as humanly possible. It has nothing to do at all with the last two years.
The city should do something as well, the amount of money generated and the local economy for almost a half century the program has brought in should be recognized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom