Liberty | Syracusefan.com

Liberty

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
I know there were people complaining about playing Liberty in 2019-2021. Liberty is beating scandal ridden Baylor 41 - 38 in the 4th quarter. Who'd have thunk?

Liberty's coach Turner Gill was a good candidate to replace Shafer according to quite a few posters here.

How did Turner Gill end up at Liberty? Wasn't he in the running for the Cuse job a few years ago?

Liberty's coach Turner Gill was a good candidate to replace Shafer according to quite a few posters here.

I don't think it was after Shafer but after Greg Robinson when I recall his name being held in high regard. He was at UB at the time.

I don't think it was after Shafer but after Greg Robinson when I recall his name being held in high regard. He was at UB at the time.
yes, that could be the case. The last 15 years of SU football have been an abyss, I can't believe Marrone was hired 8 years ago. On one hand it doesn't feel that it's been that long but on the other it feels like an eternity has passed.

This board was split for Gil if i recall, some really wanted him, others were like pass. Did he get paid at KU, becuase that was a bad career choice for him.

Wow, Liberty ended up beating Baylor. I'm not sure that means that Liberty is that good or that Baylor's program fell off a cliff.

Wow, Liberty ended up beating Baylor. I'm not sure that means that Liberty is that good or that Baylor's program fell off a cliff.

It means there are two touted first-year coaches in Texas and Baylor that just lost a healthy amount of alumni support out of the gate methinks.

Baylor is a real mess right now and why Ruhle went there,i don't know, but it could be a real career killer.

That's exciting. Didn't Michelle Bachman go to Liberty? Wow.

Baylor is a real mess right now and why Ruhle went there,i don't know, but it could be a real career killer.

He may need to do a Bill O Brien and run out of town fast. Bill never lost to Liberty, mind you

Gill will be gone by the time we play Liberty.

Ruhle and Baylor is s bad fit.

Herman will be fine at Texas.

Just checked... no, but Samantha Ponder is a graduate of Liberty.
That's right, she went to Oral Roberts (same deal). It was Jerry Faldwell that came from Liberty. At least they have that going for them.

This board was split for Gil if i recall, some really wanted him, others were like pass. Did he get paid at KU, becuase that was a bad career choice for him.

He definitely got paid at KU. Gill is an underrated head coach. He was given one recruiting class at the dumpster fire that is KU football. He's done really well at Liberty and get's paid very well there. I've always liked the guy. He could end up coaching a Texas team if he's interested in moving up again. He is a legend in Texas and always recruited well from that state.

Agree, Ruhle is a quality coach, but more of a northeast or midwest fit IMHO. its a mess down there and texas doesn't have much patience when it comes to football. No idea why MR wanted any part of that job. He was a hot prospect and would have had other opportunities.

It was a very bad loss no doubt about it, but let's give Coach Rhule at least a season or two before call his career "over". Baylor will be fine, and you will be seeing them back to prominence no matter how badly some of you want the school to fail.

It was a very bad loss no doubt about it, but let's give Coach Rhule at least a season or two before call his career "over". Baylor will be fine, and you will be seeing them back to prominence no matter how badly some of you want the school to fail.
Screw him. Made the move for the money despite the despicable actions by the football program and those associated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom