linebacker transfer for next year? | Syracusefan.com

linebacker transfer for next year?

retro44

Living Legend
my wife met a kid today who said he was at ucla last year and was going to play at syracuse next year.

local kid she thought,but didn't want to ask him a ton of questions.she works up at occ and was interviewing kids for next years class and this football player went up there as a friend and advocate for this special needs kid.

said he didn't like ucla and the the special need kid kept referring to him as day -day as a name and was not dayshawn davis as i showed her a picture. said he was about 6'2"

he told her the name,but she couldn't remember

my wife met a kid today who said he was at ucla last year and was going to play at syracuse next year.

local kid she thought,but didn't want to ask him a ton of questions.she works up at occ and was interviewing kids for next years class and this football player went up there as a friend and advocate for this special needs kid.

said he didn't like ucla and the the special need kid kept referring to him as day -day as a name and was not dayshawn davis as i showed her a picture. said he was about 6'2"

he told her the name,but she couldn't remember
Do you know if he was a walk-on?

There was a LB named Mike Orloff from Massachusetts on the roster at UCLA's web site, kid apparently had knee surgery early and hasn't seen a lot of time.

Do you know if he was a walk-on?

There was a LB named Mike Orloff from Massachusetts on the roster at UCLA's web site, kid apparently had knee surgery early and hasn't seen a lot of time.

my guess walk-on

my guess walk-on
They still show Orloff on the roster. Here's his pic

6707939.jpeg

the kid was african-american

i'm thinking she got the ucla thing mixed upped,but she was postive it was UCLA.

i'm guesing jawon simmons from nottingham,but i need a photo of him

This is the only guy that I found that would fit the description of being at UCLA, being a LB, having the possibility to be called day-day (first name pronunciation ends with day), being African American, and being from the East Coast. He's also interested in academics as the only two schools he officially visited out of school in high school were Duke and UCLA. 4* recruit out of high school. And he's exactly 6'2.

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/olaniyan_aramide00.html

This is the only guy that I found that would fit the description of being at UCLA, being a LB, having the possibility to be called day-day (first name pronunciation ends with day), being African American, and being from the East Coast. He's also interested in academics as the only two schools he officially visited out of school in high school were Duke and UCLA. 4* recruit out of high school. And he's exactly 6'2.

Arami"de" makes sense

If that's him, that would be a nice first "recruit."

Would also help offset not landing any true LBs in class of 2012.

that's a possibility. i did some snooping and learned 2 things. first, looking at his twitter account, he was someone that tweeted pretty regularly, but hasn't tweeted in 8 days. hmmmm. second, i found one article that projected him as the starting olb next year, but coming out of spring ball he is now projected as the 3rd string mlb. not happy? if it is him, maybe he could bring kevin mcreynolds with him.

that's a possibility. i did some snooping and learned 2 things. first, looking at his twitter account, he was someone that tweeted pretty regularly, but hasn't tweeted in 8 days. hmmmm. second, i found one article that projected him as the starting olb next year, but coming out of spring ball he is now projected as the 3rd string mlb. not happy? if it is him, maybe he could bring kevin mcreynolds with him.

I have no inside info whatsoever, just was using my powers of deduction lol. I saw the twitter too, dropped dead about 8 days ago so makes you wonder. Would be a major pickup though if true and I believe he has a younger brother.

I have no inside info whatsoever, just was using my powers of deduction lol. I saw the twitter too, dropped dead about 8 days ago so makes you wonder. Would be a major pickup though if true and I believe he has a younger brother.

we'll see. i have someone who knows him very well on the case. ;)

Nice. Always good to have some bloodhounds around ;)

I don't think its him because he practiced with UCLA through April. Recent articles seem to indicate he played in their spring game last Saturday.

I don't think its him because he practiced with UCLA through April. Recent articles seem to indicate he played in their spring game last Saturday.

That is all true, but then he stopped tweeting his UCLA experience and I also found an article that projected him as 3rd string. Maybe it's not him but based on the above, it's possible.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Was just told it is not Aramide.

Damn! He fit the description perfectly too. Oh well. Happen to get any info as to whether there is a lb transfer?

The pay side knows who he is, as well as his mothers maiden name, his favorite ice cream, and has pictures of both his mom and his girlfriend. Washing cars. Naked.

The pay side knows who he is, as well as his mothers maiden name, his favorite ice cream, and has pictures of both his mom and his girlfriend. Washing cars. Naked.

It's video not pictures & thanks for not giving out the phone numbers that were supplied too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if someone could find a picture of jawon simmons it would help to clear this up as he also told her he played at nottingham a few years ago.

maybe he just took a visit out to UCLA and didn't like it. or was there last semester.

If I remember correctly Simmons was a qb in high school and was looking to come here but never got a scholarship offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom