Live NFL mock draft 2014: Follow along as national experts pick Round 1 | Syracusefan.com

Live NFL mock draft 2014: Follow along as national experts pick Round 1

these guys put Ebron with the Bills and Zack Martin with the Giants.

cant wait for Thursday.

these guys put Ebron with the Bills and Zack Martin with the Giants.

cant wait for Thursday.

Not that my opinion matters, but if the Giants come away with Martin or Donald, I'll be very happy. Not big on Ebron, I know the offense is changing, but, doesn't seem like a guy who's cut for our offense. I'd rather see them take a receiver that can play on the outside.

A buddy of mine is a pretty good Giants source. They like Donald and Ebron but further down their board, so unlikely.

Sounds like the pick will be Mike Evans(likely gone, obviously), Odell Beckham or Martin.

Jerry is apparently very high on Beckham.

Only two defensive guys they had rated highly were Mack and Clowney, so expect an offensive player either way.

Taylor Lewan is apparently off the board for character issues.

Last edited:
Not that my opinion matters, but if the Giants come away with Martin or Donald, I'll be very happy. Not big on Ebron, I know the offense is changing, but, doesn't seem like a guy who's cut for our offense. I'd rather see them take a receiver that can play on the outside.
i like ebron, but ok with no TE at #12, thats a big pick. not a traditional TE spot, but thing are changing for sure. would love for 1 of the big OTs to drop, martin would feel like a best OL available pick, hes good though.

Coolio is saying WR, which is what I heard from a mole. but i really dont trust any mole with NFL info, because John Mara could come out today and say theyre taking whatever OL is available...and then hed be overruled in the war room, or say clowney slips to them and theyd have to draft him (easy kids, not going to happen).

all i know for sure is that some GM drafting in the top10 will be fired very soon for a stupidarse pick.

i like ebron, but ok with no TE at #12, thats a big pick. not a traditional TE spot, but thing are changing for sure. would love for 1 of the big OTs to drop, martin would feel like a best OL available pick, hes good though.

Coolio is saying WR, which is what I heard from a mole. but i really dont trust any mole with NFL info, because John Mara could come out today and say theyre taking whatever OL is available...and then hed be overruled in the war room, or say clowney slips to them and theyd have to draft him (easy kids, not going to happen).

all i know for sure is that some GM drafting in the top10 will be fired very soon for a stupidarse pick.
i used to be anti-tight end all around (chip i'll save you the effort: THAT'S NOT WHAT I HEARD) but that was before tight ends became giant wide receivers.

i can't believe bridgewater is going to fall so far. i'm going to spend the next 15 years bemoaning that the bills said "no thanks we're good with EJ manuel what we really need is a tackle"

The crazy thing about Martin is he is so rare because he can play all five spots on the O-Line. I am hoping Buffalo takes him instead of doing something stupid. If I was a Giants fan I would be pulling for Martin to be there at 12 and then take a WR in round 2. ASJ also looks like a sound TE option in the 2nd

ESPN has a live mock run by the staffers that cover that particular team. They have the Giants taking OT Taylor Lewan.

So far it is...
1. Buffalo Bills (via Houston): Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina; 2. St. Louis Rams: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn; 3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo; 4. Cleveland Browns: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M; 5. Oakland Raiders: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson; 6. Atlanta Falcons: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M; 7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M; 8. Houston Texans (via Minnesota): Blake Bortles, QB, UCF; 9. Minnesota Vikings (via Houston): Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State; 10. Detroit Lions: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama; 11. Tennessee Titans: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina; 12. New York Giants: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan; 13. St. Louis Rams: Aaron Donald, DT. Pittsburgh; 14. Chicago Bears: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville; 15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA.

Is there anything to the Bills trading up or is it just mocking mockers making something up?

Is there anything to the Bills trading up or is it just mocking mockers making something up?

It was between the reporters, but here is the deal. Buffalo gets the #1 pick and the Texans get Bills' first-round pick (No. 9 overall), second-round pick (No. 41 overall), their 2015 first-round and third-round picks, and 2016 second-round pick.

McShay reported that he's heard from 3 sources that the Bills are trying to move up. The are likely trying to get Clowney, Robinson or Watkins. So if true that would be moving to one of the top 3 spots.

i used to be anti-tight end all around (chip i'll save you the effort: THAT'S NOT WHAT I HEARD) but that was before tight ends became giant wide receivers.

i can't believe bridgewater is going to fall so far. i'm going to spend the next 15 years bemoaning that the bills said "no thanks we're good with EJ manuel what we really need is a tackle"
i know you killed my man Simms for crapping on all the QBs this year, but teddy might be there in the 2nd round for you the way things are looking.

so your last line should be..."no thanks we're good with EJ manuel what we really need is a tackle and a slow, undersized safety whos afraid to hit."

It was between the reporters, but here is the deal. Buffalo gets the #1 pick and the Texans get Bills' first-round pick (No. 9 overall), second-round pick (No. 41 overall), their 2015 first-round and third-round picks, and 2016 second-round pick.

Not sure I like that for my Bills. I'd love to get Clowney or Watkins but they need more help than just one player and I'd hate to give up all those picks.

I'm hoping the first 4 picks fall in a manner that the Raiders can trade out of the #5 spot.