LOL Indiana actually made and gave its players Sweet 16 rings for last year's performance | Syracusefan.com

LOL Indiana actually made and gave its players Sweet 16 rings for last year's performance

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://deadspin.com/5959350/indiana-handed-out-rings-to-celebrate-its-sweet-six-appearance
ku-large.png

End of discussion this program is not an Elite blue blood program. If you are celebrating making the Sweet 16 when you have 5 National Championships you are not an elite program. This makes me laugh at Tom Crean even more.

Instead of our bases in South Korea, Guam, Japan and Hawaii, I wish Kim Jung um would target the big 10. It wouldnt even be a provacation for war, they and we could celebrate at the same time.

http://deadspin.com/5959350/indiana-handed-out-rings-to-celebrate-its-sweet-six-appearance

End of discussion this program is not an Elite blue blood program. If you are celebrating making the Sweet 16 when you have 5 National Championships you are not an elite program. This makes me laugh at Tom Crean even more.

My favorite quote from Deadspin:
"This is the sort of thing a Cinderella CAA team does."

So basically Indiana is Florida Gulf Coast with a douchier coach and fatter fan base.

There is absolutely no way to justify this action by Crean. So they had 2 down years the program had reached the Final Four as recent as 2002 its not shocking that Indiana would be able to rebuild quickly. The state has a lot of HS talent and Crean makes his job performance seem like its ungodly. Baylor had a WAY worse situation with Bliss than Indiana did with Sampson, and they don't have the history that Indiana had and even though I don't like the Baylor coach he doesn't go around and do this crap.

There is absolutely no way to justify this action by Crean. So they had 2 down years the program had reached the Final Four as recent as 2002 its not shocking that Indiana would be able to rebuild quickly. The state has a lot of HS talent and Crean makes his job performance seem like its ungodly. Baylor had a WAY worse situation with Bliss than Indiana did with Sampson, and they don't have the history that Indiana had and even though I don't like the Baylor coach he doesn't go around and do this crap.

Agreed. It's Crean self-back-patting. "Look at how far we've come!"

Only thing that might be worse is when the major league baseball teams come out with their "wild card champ" t-shirts.

Sounds to me like they accomplished their season goal. That's like teams getting rings for making the playoffs. Looks like we aren't the only team playing with "house money" as some here have stated.