Long Beach | Syracusefan.com

Long Beach

wallacecuse

Starter
Did anyone look at their sked? Holy crap they are in the midst of a murderer's row: @ San Diego st, Texas, St, John's, us and Louisville, all within a 20-day span. Wow.

Dan Monson loves doing this. I was really happy to see they got a win in their token one home return game vs Kansas State. That is SWAC-level OOC torture.

yeah they've been scheduling like that for a few years now I think. Crazy

Anyone know if there's a particular reason we schedule them so frequently...coaching staff connection maybe? Seems like they've been on our OOC schedule every other year for the last 5 years or so.

Anyone know if there's a particular reason we schedule them so frequently...coaching staff connection maybe? Seems like they've been on our OOC schedule every other year for the last 5 years or so.

Maybe remnants from Wayne Morgan? But more likely because they are willing to travel and may not command a hefty guaranteed fee.

Maybe remnants from Wayne Morgan? But more likely because they are willing to travel and may not command a hefty guaranteed fee.

You could offer to play them on the roof of the dome for $50 and Dan Monson would ask what time.

I read this over the weekend. Turns out Coach Monson gets to keep a healthy percentage of the revenue from the guarantee games.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/dec/09/sdsu-basketball-long-beach-state-monson-contract/

Good find.

I've never heard of that before and must say I'm not comfortable with it.

The constant complaining about the poor college students being forced to play NCAA basketball for no compensation is, to me, overblown. This, however, seems to be exploiting the kids for financial gain.

show me a mid major with a schedule like that and I'll show you an AD with a budget shortfall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom