Looks like they are finally renovating the locker rooms and | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like they are finally renovating the locker rooms and

Actually, the budget is higher than I imagined it would be

IB what do you think is the timeline/budget for the practice facility? Still up in the air?

Now hopefully they get another tub or 5 for the room

Completely agree.

sixers_dancers-hot-tub.jpg

Actually, the budget is higher than I imagined it would be

Sounds great...I'm all for upgrading the training room. Those pictures that came out for the fundraiser drive and quickly taken down painted a place with Division 3 facilities

players lounge in Manley, ice/ training room... should be done by next season
cool - thanks for the info IB - was just thinking this morning of making a post saying something to the effect of "how can they have not made any kind of announcement of facilities improvements by now?" This is very good news.

This is great news. That was among the biggest areas of need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume the Dome locker rooms aren't included in this?

I assume the Dome locker rooms aren't included in this?

I doubt it...does it really matter on gameday...although I think we need to paint the visitors locker room pink and rip out all the urinals.

I doubt it...does it really matter on gameday...although I think we need to paint the visitors locker room pink and rip out all the urinals.

Then they'd look like all the other men's rooms in the Dome.

Awesome. So I take it we'll all meet in Syracuse in a couple months, hit the local Home Depot to pick up supplies, and get to work?!

Really it all depends on what kind of Greeter we get. If it's a happy, helpful one, the 5 stars are on the way. If it's a hungover, angry one, we'll be battling Kent State for the guys in no one's database.

recruits see the dome locker rooms as well - I think bnoro is on record as stating the dome locker rooms are an embarrassment and worse than some high schools at this point.

IB what do you think is the timeline/budget for the practice facility? Still up in the air?

Looks around 5 million budget, agressive schedule most everything needs to be done by 9/1, player locker rooms by 7/15, looks like an addition to the hall fame room as well, which will be the last piece of the project done bt 11/1.

Nice project.. Barrel is booked through first quarter 2013 won't be bidding, most likely. Painful.

If they are going to put on an addition what is the advantage of adding to the hall of fame room vs some other part of Manley?

Nice to see Barrel is thinking like a 17 or 18 year old recruit. No wonder they hired you!

they didn't hire me, it will be competitvely bid and that is a good thing, just invited to bid, which I won't because we are booked for that time period, which is another good thing. The days of negotiating construction work with Universities are long gone for the most part or should I say it depends on how much you donate!!

maybe that is why they are so confident moving onto 2013 class and moving forward?

doubt it. the renovations are needed and in the big picture of facilities it helps, but having new locker rooms and hot tubs isn't going to get any 1 recruit. still comes down to relationships, the ability to sell the program and the perception of the program and team as well as wins and losses.

Looks around 5 million budget, agressive schedule most everything needs to be done by 9/1, player locker rooms by 7/15, looks like an addition to the hall fame room as well, which will be the last piece of the project done bt 11/1.

Nice project.. Barrel is booked through first quarter 2013 won't be bidding, most likely. Painful.

what job dont they rush? they push way hard -hurts the quality quite imho

Good news. Would love to see renovated Dome locker rooms/Dome itself, and a new practice facility next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom