Looks Like This Will Drag On... | Syracusefan.com

Looks Like This Will Drag On...

I see more of a possibility of him being hired by SD or PHI, than when he was interviewing with BUF or CLE.

I wonder who is talking to our kids. Keon Lyn is debating go pro which is a horrible decision for him, especially since he could become a solid draft pick if he comes back and has a big year. This year he may or may not get drafted and may or may not make a team. Who is advising him on the biggest decision of his life? I dont even care as much about our recruits as that is to be expected but a kid who is already one of our own and is struggling with a decision that will affect the rest of his life, who is helping him? We know Boeheim is intricate with the basketball players and helps them through the process. The football players seem to be on their own right now.

My hope is we don't know what is going on behind the scenes with the AD and the rest of the coaching staff and that assurances are being made to keep the class and team together. It also helps that we are in a dead period right now supposedly.

He's supposed to be talking with Philly this weekend, possibly even today.

Look, I get it. NFL is the big time, and Doug has ever right to pursue such a move.

However, having this drag out can in no way be a positive for the program. We are not Oregon or Alabama or PSU for that matter. We cannot still go into elite recruits homes and get kids despite having a head coach with immediate pro aspirations.

I'm not advocating for firing Doug, but I am advocating for Gross and the school to step up for the student athletes (current and future) and the greater SU football community. Whatever that means, end this mess.

If this drags out beyond the weekend, we need to move on without DM. I want him back, but at some point, the uncertainty has to stop.

I see more of a possibility of him being hired by SD or PHI, than when he was interviewing with BUF or CLE.
He is well down Philly's list as they seem to be more focused on current NFL assistants. SD is a new wrinkle to me, so I don't really know what that means.

Silly talk .. So you are worried about uncertainty . So your solution is to fire ur coach and conduct a 2 week coaching search in January.

Silly talk ur worried about uncertainty fire ur coach and conduct a 2 week coaching search in January that's the answer

huh?

He is well down Philly's list as they seem to be more focused on current NFL assistants. SD is a new wrinkle to me, so I don't really know what that means.

All the NFL GM's are gathered in Arizona right now for the Chip Kelly 3 ring circus. I'm sure they all have meeting rooms reserved at the Glendale Marriott.

Consider this a job fair for potential coaches. If Marrone's already talking with Philly, he can walk down the hall and talk to SD while he's there.

My love for DM is starting to dwindle. He did not meet with an NFL team for a job, he is meeting with just about anyone that will take him. If he doesn't get a job, we will probably go through this again next season, and the next and the ... It may be time to move on.

how many interviews did shiano take?what about harbaugh ? kelly?
seems to me most of the college guys didnt take a half dozen interviews- they got the first or second-
marrone wants out-
imho this wouldnt be such a cluster fudge if some communication came from the university

How much has espn said the words Doug Marrone and Syracuse in the last week? Every single kid that plays football watches espn and has heard more about Syracuse and Doug in the last week than they ever have. This is good publicity and i think its all a plan to get more people in the know. Smart move in my opinion...for all we know they told the current players this already and there is not a single thing to worry about. Relax.

Except that they haven't told players that or anything for that matter...Players are concerned that Marrone is off to the NFL

How much has espn said the words Doug Marrone and Syracuse in the last week? Every single kid that plays football watches espn and has heard more about Syracuse and Doug in the last week than they ever have. This is good publicity and i think its all a plan to get more people in the know. Smart move in my opinion...for all we know they told the current players this already and there is not a single thing to worry about. Relax.
I feel the same way, as long as it ends with the weekend.

I think we'll know early in the week. Hopefully. This is ruining my new year.

I commend you for your optimism.
I would agree if it were 1 interview, but this is starting to look a bit different.

Except that they haven't told players that or anything for that matter...Players are concerned that Marrone is off to the NFL
Are you a player? Oh ok so you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's the dead period so Marrone can't talk to the recruits,but he is enjoying the recruiting of him and so he is taking his 5 official visits during the college dead period.

According to a post I had over at the Wisconsin board he did not interview there

Are you a player? Oh ok so you have no idea what you are talking about.
Wow...Chill out pal..I know a couple players and they all have told me that nobody has talked to them and that they think Marrone is going to the NFL...

I'm resigned to the fact that he's leaving and I'm ready to turn the page. If he returns, great. But it appears he wants to move on.

A league source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Eagles are expected to request permission from Bengals on Monday to interview Cincinnati OC Jay Gruden for their head coach vacancy. Add Gruden to the extensive list of candidates that now includes Oregon's Chip Kelly, Syracuse's Doug Marrone, Broncos OC Mike McCoy, Seahawks DC Gus Bradley, Falcons ST coach Keith Armstrong, Falcons DC Mike Nolan, and Colts OC Bruce Arians.

Wow...Chill out pal..I know a couple players and they all have told me that nobody has talked to them and that they think Marrone is going to the NFL...
Ikeep in contact with alarge portion of the team...nooneis concerned.All is well.