Lost in all this NCAA talk | Syracusefan.com

Lost in all this NCAA talk

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits
VT getting curb stomped at home, shutout even, is funnier than Borat.

3rd loss in Lane this season. First time since 1992, which was the year before their relevance.

It's making my night fun. Even if it is Miami who is doing it.

Every time they would start to put together a drive in the 3rd quarter, they would fumble. Fans booing. So funny.

Tech will struggle getting 6 wins.

Tough times in Blacksburg.

Gus Edwards is having a good game. It's unfortunate things didn't work out with keeping him committed.

gocraz4dasu said:
Gus Edwards is having a good game. It's unfortunate things didn't work out with keeping him committed.

The extra benefits are better at Miami.

I wonder if the seat is getting warm for Beamer yet?

I wonder if the seat is getting warm for Beamer yet?

I don't think his seat ever gets warm. He built it, so he'll go out on his own terms. But hearing those natives get restless? Sweet music.

I was expecting a similar stomping of former NBE conference member Yukon, but was surprised to see them hang tough. They still lost by 10, but clearly gave 28pt favorite ECU all they could handle.

I was expecting a similar stomping of former NBE conference member Yukon, but was surprised to see them hang tough. They still lost by 10, but clearly gave 28pt favorite ECU all they could handle.
Yeah that was nuts. And I think ECU was up 14-0 too.

I don't think his seat ever gets warm. He built it, so he'll go out on his own terms. But hearing those natives get restless? Sweet music.
I don't know. If the seat can get warm for Bowden at FSU, it can get warm for Beamer. Memories get short if losses start piling up.

I don't know. If the seat can get warm for Bowden at FSU, it can get warm for Beamer. Memories get short if losses start piling up.

Bowden's problem was that he was 100 years old and it was showing. He was basically a spectator on the sidelines, and it just didn't work.

Beamer's situation would be more like Paterno, minus the looking away from the child rape.

I think the only thing that could force him out is if Lane Stadium crowds start looking like they did in Beamer's first years on the job.

Bowden's problem was that he was 100 years old and it was showing. He was basically a spectator on the sidelines, and it just didn't work.

Beamer's situation would be more like Paterno, minus the looking away from the child rape.

I think the only thing that could force him out is if Lane Stadium crowds start looking like they did in Beamer's first years on the job.
There have been other successful coaches forced out that were younger than Bowden. Is Beamer as beloved in Blacksburg as Paterno was in State College? He did build the program like Paterno, but he can't point to undefeated seasons or national championships. They seem to be on a slow decline. If they continue on that path I wouldn't be surprised to see his seat heat up.

A caller into the Feinstein program said he'd spent some time in a Blacksburg diner and Beamer is getting the Coach P treament, (my phrase) down there. He's lost his touch, the game has passed him by, he can't recruit because he's too old or won't be around much longer. It's the sort of thing that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

He'll be asked to graciously resign.

That would be how I would expect it to go down if the program keeps going down the path it seems to be on.

Or they're going to force an offensive coordinator on him. Tell him to either take it, or they'll all get to work writing up his exit strategy.

Or they're going to force an offensive coordinator on him. Tell him to either take it, or they'll all get to work writing up his exit strategy.
Maybe the coach in waiting thing.

I thought that's what Bud Foster has been the last 50 years??

Right, they'd essentially be picking Bud Foster's OC for him. And letting him know that Beamerball goes with Beamer. We're actually going to try to score points on offense instead of relying on defense and ST to do it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom