Lost in the Offense and Defense talk from Pitt game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lost in the Offense and Defense talk from Pitt game

I was under the impression that when Hofrichter was recruited, he was both a punter and place kicker? Is my memory faulty or did that status change since his arrival on campus?

I could see the coaching staff going with Cole Murphy this year (as he played quite well in 2015), but going into '17, I'd think Hofrichter should get a strong look. I just don't love recruiting a kicker/punter every year, which it seems like we have been doing the last 4-5 years (slight exaggeration, but ...).

Anyone with any knowledge to share here?

Looks like we wont even need a punter going forward.. go for it most of the time and let the QB punt the rest , the D will have to honor the QB throwing and that lets 30 yds punts go 40 with no return much of the time. It also takes the other teams punt returner off the field.

You lose the occasional 50 yd punt but probably never get a kick blocked again nor allow a punt return..

add to that you would only need to work on FG snapping, so thats less position to fill and you would need less special teams guys since you wouldnt have to work on punt return coverage.

Even on punts from the end zone the D most of the time you only get it out to the 40 and those poach punts often go further.

we could have the FG kicker for the occasional real punt but they could focus on FGs and hopefully be better at the play that scores points and not the one that gives the other team the ball.

Last edited:
I'd rather kick out of bounds every time than let one of the best kickoff guys in the country touch the ball.
i'd rather find a kicker who can kick it through the endzone. I miss Olindo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom