@ Louisville on Monday: Tix / any locals going? | Syracusefan.com

@ Louisville on Monday: Tix / any locals going?

CanadianOrange

Walk On
Early Valentine's gift, taking the wife to Louisville for the game on Monday (how romantic am I ?!)

anyone else going?

I've never been to the Yum! Center..any advice on tickets? Best place to scalp? Or maybe just maybe someone has a line on a couple extra?.. Plenty still left on Stubhub around face value in the upper deck, probably just do that later this week unless scalping around Yum! is that good.

Also any locals with a recomendation for a good early dinner spot somewhere near the Yum! Center?

CanadianOrange,

Yes, I am going to game. Live here and have been to KFC Yum center several times. Will probably be in student section (I got a ticket for free). Won't be fun being in student section when they play SU (other adults are there too). I think it will be "white out" night where fans are dressed in white (and Pitino in his white suit). I've also sat high up in nose bleeds. These seats are up there, but you can still see well, just high. If you go for the cheaper high up seats, get some that are around mid court vs. at a significant angle to length of court which is where I sat last year for Cuse game (but I could still see fine). If this is a special treat for V-day, then spring for lower, more expensive seats. The place will be rocking when SU comes to town. Last year, I was actually surprised to see a number of Orange fans there, but still obviously in the very vast minority.

I went to one game where I did not have tickets beforehand. It was last year at a UofL-SHU game. I found someone pretty easily outside the main entrance from whom I purchased 2 tickets...at face value. For the SU game, this may be a bit harder to do, or at least you may not get them exactly at face, but I'm not sure. If you do, take a seating chart with you to cross-check the tickets. You can park in a parking garage right next to stadium for $10 (that's what I do). The Yum Center is an outstanding facility, both in the actual basketball arena and really anywhere in the complex (inside the main entry way is impressive...open air and very tall).

As for restaurants, plenty downtown (arena is right next to Ohio River downtown). You can easily do a Google search for names. If you really want to impress the wife for V-day, take her to Jeff Ruby's which is a high-end steak place. It is expensive, but man are the steaks great! I love that place (romantic too). Allow enough time. I've also eaten at Doc Crow's Southern Smokehouse restaurant on Main St. just east of arena...very good place, not as expensive or as high class, but I liked it a lot. Probably a place where UofL fans might hang out before the game. The Old Spaghetti Factory is good for spaghetti (duh)...in an old building, but it's a local favorite. The Bristol Downtown is another excellent choice with a variety of foods, up Main St. west of the arena a bit. Have not eaten at Vincenzo's (high-end Italian restaurant), Proof on Main (kind of different but a neat, yuppy place to eat), or Bistro 301, but have heard they are all good. Again, Google Louisville downtown restaurants for even more to choose from. You won't go hungry.

For something to do after the game (i.e., to celebrate a Cuse win!), go to 4th Street Live downtown, which has a variety of bars, restaurants, and entertainment. Great place to hang out for all ages (above 21).

Hope that helps.

Also any locals with a recomendation for a good early dinner spot somewhere near the Yum! Center?

You could bring her to Porcini Restaurant, and request the booth where Rick Pitino and Karen Sypher spent 15 magical seconds.

Bartstown Rd. is a cool strip also. I'm going also. Don't know where I'm sitting but a friend's father through work hooked me up with two of their season's tickets. It will be my first time to the Yum but I have hung out in Louisville before. REALLY cool city.
Early Valentine's gift, taking the wife to Louisville for the game on Monday (how romantic am I ?!)

anyone else going?

I've never been to the Yum! Center..any advice on tickets? Best place to scalp? Or maybe just maybe someone has a line on a couple extra?.. Plenty still left on Stubhub around face value in the upper deck, probably just do that later this week unless scalping around Yum! is that good.

Stay at that 21 C museum hotel. Awesome hotel! That will take care of the romantic part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom