Louisville Postgame Thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Postgame Thoughts

This is the third post saying we may not win another game! I just did the probability analysis and it’s 1 in 47,000 that we lose out. Lol.
it is hyperbole. I expect, and my guess is others do too, to win a few more games. It is just this game was so incredibly important in building the fabric of this team, we are happy they responded as they did. At times it wasn't pretty but I am very proud of how they responded.

People complain about the worst, and there is plenty of work to do. But no matter what happens the rest of the season, these guys just proved they are a team, and play for each other. That is beyond huge.

Red gave up on m2m after both Brown and JT got backed down on consecutive plays. I think before switching to zone, he should have tried a few times having those guys flop. The Louisville guys that backed them down were knocking them back with shoulder hits.
...hear you but rcently all those calls go against us and it costs us fouls

by what measure was it effective? My heaven I feel like it’s 2017 again and the usual holdouts are defending JB.
Playing zone has nothing to do with JB. I guess that why all you guys are so obsessed with acknowledging anything about it . Our man defense had given up back to back 60% shooting games and was on pace for the third straight. The teams we have played are BC, Wake and Louisville. Autry saw the need for a change and it helped win the game. We probably will play a bunch of zone against Clemson and UnC because we have too. Unless you would like to see cope, Taylor or Bell trying to guard Hall or the other Clemson big

Playing zone has nothing to do with JB. I guess that why all you guys are so obsessed with acknowledging anything about it . Our man defense had given up back to back 60% shooting games and was on pace for the third straight. The teams we have played are BC, Wake and Louisville. Autry saw the need for a change and it helped win the game. We probably will play a bunch of zone against Clemson and UnC because we have too. Unless you would like to see cope, Taylor or Bell trying to guard Hall or the other Clemson big
I would love to debate with you and post the numbers but they’ll be deleted. It has nothing to do with JB and everything to do with 2-3 zone not working against 3 pt shooters in the 2024 basketball landscape.

I don’t mind flipping to zone for a couple possessions here and there fwiw

Seth is like an assistant coach for us tonight. Said a lot of things we’ve been saying here during the game and coached up Bell right there.

IMO, it was so apparent that Seth spent quite a bit of time with his friend and former assistant Red the last day or so and absorbed all of Red's venting, lack of execution, etc. plaguing the team. He was so on point relative to Mintz and how the ball, more times than not, just stops when he pounds the ball the way he does, vs. getting all involved, ball moment, passes, etc.

He talked about how our guards consistently allowed dribble drive penetration on the defensive end, etc. causing ensuing defensive breakdowns. He also talked about how we stood around and ball watched, didn't box out, etc. and the reason for getting pounded on the glass.

It was so obvious...quite comical to boot. Which, he seemed rather aware of himself about his seemingly rooting for his fellow assistant and SU, as immediate afterwards, he would then pay Louisville a backhanded type compliment. :)

So not sure if it was shown on TV, but early in the second half Ref was apoplectic after Bell failed to go after a rebound / loose ball near our defensive baseline. Took him out at the next stoppage. About a minute before he reinserted him he got in Bell’s face and screamed at him to rebound the ball.

To Bell’s credit, he battled much better in the final 8 minutes, grabbed some rebounds, blocked that huge shot.

Red also got in Carey’s mug about rebounding as well.

So not sure if it was shown on TV, but early in the second half Ref was apoplectic after Bell failed to go after a rebound / loose ball near our defensive baseline. Took him out at the next stoppage. About a minute before he reinserted him he got in Bell’s face and screamed at him to rebound the ball.

To Bell’s credit, he battled much better in the final 8 minutes, grabbed some rebounds, blocked that huge shot.

He ripped JJ to shreds on the bench after he stood like a traffic cone allowing Clark to hit a 4.

Bell also hit the huge 3 we needed for the win. Glad Red is after Carey. We desperately need him to finish the season! He can do it, just get tough and go chest to chest with the big boys. Give us 5 minutes a half and you will save this team!!!

Maliq with a 5x5. Done 21 times in NBA history (officially).

Bell with his most rebounds since Chaminade but we were as a team -20 (20 vs 40). And a possible game saving block after an absolute stunningly bad take by Judah.

Taylor and Carey just had fun out there.

If we can get a 30 burger from a forward and shoot 60% every game I like our chances of winning out.
Carey and Taylor.....sad!!

IMO, it was so apparent that Seth spent quite a bit of time with his friend and former assistant Red the last day or so and absorbed all of Red's venting, lack of execution, etc. plaguing the team. He was so on point relative to Mintz and how the ball, more times than not, just stops when he pounds the ball the way he does, vs. getting all involved, ball moment, passes, etc.

He talked about how our guards consistently allowed dribble drive penetration on the defensive end, etc. causing ensuing defensive breakdowns. He also talked about how we stood around and ball watched, didn't box out, etc. and the reason for getting pounded on the glass.

It was so obvious...quite comical to boot. Which, he seemed rather aware of himself about his seemingly rooting for his fellow assistant and SU, as immediate afterwards, he would then pay Louisville a backhanded type compliment. :)
...go Seth!!! Always liked him even when at VT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom