Louisville Postgame Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Postgame Thoughts

I will take into account the thin bench tonight - no Carey, presumably Hima simply unable to contribute/play?, Q fouls out in limited minutes, not sure why Cuffe didn't get more run?

Dudes were tired. Some big plays made throughout - Bell with some good defense, JT with some FT's and big rebounds in the final minute.

However, the amount of simply dumb plays is what stresses me out.
A win is a win, but so many of these could have been blowouts for us with just smarter decision making down the stretch. Magnified a bit by this whole silly NET thing. And please - keep the ball out of JJs hands to end critical possessions.

All that being said, congrats to Red for holding it together and getting this team to this point. To have a chance to end up in 4th place? Crazy.

My comments are all over the place... just like watching these games I guess. LOL

Are these guys actually turning into a team? More off ball movement, more passing, less hero ball. Lots of guys contributing. Still not thrilled about Judah yelling at Autry after he got the T.

But Judah is doing more things that winners do. Has the light finally gone on? And now what does this mean for the future? Is this his audition for the portal, or are we really going to run most of these guys back next year? Could Judah and all these guys come back next year? I'm confused.

I truly don’t think people understand how much this team is achieving. When are we going to give them the credit they deserve instead of all these back hand compliments ? It’s so weird to me that people aren’t genuinely happy with these outcomes

Not being that guy, just curious, what do they need to figure out? They are winning games on the road. They are in 4th in acc. Winning is hard. Do they blow some leads sure, but that’s a trend in basketball as a whole.
Id just like to see us stomp out the bottom tier teams when we have them on the ropes. I was very happy that we did it against VT. But like it or not, the metrics matter when it comes to making the tournament and winning by 15 instead of 6 tonight is important with that stuff.

I am picking nits but that is life on the bubble. Like I said, we are very close to getting over the hump and not even sweating on selection Sunday.

Id just like to see us stomp out the bottom tier teams when we have them on the ropes. I was very happy that we did it against VT. But like it or not, the metrics matter when it comes to making the tournament and winning by 15 instead of 6 tonight is important with that stuff.

I am picking nits but that is life on the bubble. Like I said, we are very close to getting over the hump and not even sweating on selection Sunday.
Hard to do with such a depleted roster

I truly don’t think people understand how much this team is achieving. When are we going to give them the credit they deserve instead of all these back hand compliments ? It’s so weird to me that people aren’t genuinely happy with these outcomes
Not so very long ago, the forum agonized over losses with Judah late-game meltdowns-
Now the forum agonizes over 6 point wins in away games that include exciting SU highlight plays.
I'd call that Progress LOL.

5-10 years ago we’d just about be a lock right now with our conference record, rpi, and sos. The blow out losses are the reason we’re not in right now. Thats absolutely absurd.
The blowout losses, lack of blowout wins, Chaminade not counting in NET and our extremely poor rebounding metrics are what has crushed our NET. Whole thing is a joke this year.

BROKE TAKE: Judah is selfish and only playing for NBA scouts

WOKE TAKE: Judah coming back single handily made Reds first year successful (because if he leaves it all falls apart) and the momentum we now have is something that woildnt have happened without Judah. Red needed this In his first year. Judah coming back made this possible.

If Red ends up working out here I hope Judah coming back isn’t lost in the story

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom