Louisville Predictions | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Predictions

Cuse House

All American
We saw them last night and we got to see our team tonight. What are everyone's thoughts? I think it will be competitive. Louisville has a lot of talent, but we should put up points.

My thoughts: A lot of offense!

Syracuse can score on Louisville. Louisville was not tested, though L. Jackson is a good QB and should perform well. I think it comes down to which D holds down the other team's offense better than the opposition.

It's too bad the schedule couldn't have given us Wake or BC so we could have a real great chance to build early momentum. But it is what it is. Should be tough.

It's too bad the schedule couldn't have given us Wake or BC so we could have a real great chance to build early momentum. But it is what it is. Should be tough.
I would certainly like our chances more later in the year after the offense has gotten more in game experience.

I just don't see us out scoring them this year. Next year though...

I would certainly like our chances more later in the year after the offense has gotten more in game experience.

Same here. At least it's home though. Many may not remember but I'm still mad we lost to LVille in the Dome early in Sept. the year after the bball NC, with Carmelo in the Dome wearing some weird jersey. We got them in 2012 and the Andrew Robinson game, but on the whole we owe them.

If we can't run the ball any better than tonight and don't protect Dungey better, it may be a long night, they have a really good defense. I'm like the others I wish we had a couple more games but oh well

As a coach I can tell you that in most cases the biggest improvement comes between game one and two. Unfortunately, this will be Louisville's second game also, haha.

My thoughts: A lot of offense!

Syracuse can score on Louisville. Louisville was not tested, though L. Jackson is a good QB and should perform well. I think it comes down to which D holds down the other team's offense better than the opposition.

I agree. D is the key.

Ugh. Almost like a poem... Good thing I didn't make reference to that trough thing.

If we get 40k+ and the place is rocking, things could get interesting. I think the Dome is a huge advantage to us. If this was at Louisville I would agree that we probably wouldn't have a shot.

Are you going to watch or nahh?
f yeah lol.

I think Louisville is a very good team. And I think we are a team that is implementing a new system that's going to take some time.

"belief without evidence".-Dino Babers
I think next week will be the test of that. How many will believe if we get blown out? Most on this board will be fine, but casuals will continue to be skeptical a bit longer.

Our D doesn't force as many punts or do it as quickly. Our O doesn't look quite as unstoppable against better athletes. We score but not quite as much as last night. They score less than they did against UNCC but more than we did last night.

sufandu said:
Our D doesn't force as many punts or do it as quickly. Our O doesn't look quite as unstoppable against better athletes. We score but not quite as much as last night. They score less than they did against UNCC but more than we did last night.

I keep hearing these warnings about the defense and I think people watched a different game. Colgate could do nothing. They were a poor mans Nova and couldn't move the ball.

We may still be not good at D, but we didn't learn that from last nights game.

We have a chance if the community shows up. If the Dome is rockin, we have a style that can snowball on teams. Louisville is good, no doubt, but we can score and if the D can force a couple of turnovers/get some stops with our crowd feeding them energy, I wouldn't be shocked if we won.

I also think we play for 7 not 3 - 95% of the game.

I keep hearing these warnings about the defense and I think people watched a different game. Colgate could do nothing. They were a poor mans Nova and couldn't move the ball.

We may still be not good at D, but we didn't learn that from last nights game.
i guess u missed the open colgate recievers,dropped passes and getting distance on our downfield coverage. --this against colgate---not acc

We have a chance if the community shows up. If the Dome is rockin, we have a style that can snowball on teams. Louisville is good, no doubt, but we can score and if the D can force a couple of turnovers/get some stops with our crowd feeding them energy, I wouldn't be shocked if we won.

I also think we play for 7 not 3 - 95% of the game.
Aye Babers will go for those 4th and 5s deep in opponent territory if

tipphill said:
i guess u missed the open colgate recievers,dropped passes and getting distance on our downfield coverage. --this against colgate---not acc

If that's what you want to point to. I mean they needed a 4th down penalty to keep the drive alive. Was also our first series with the new system.

Getting distance?!? I saw tight Windows everywhere.

Again, we might not be good on D. But this was a very good performance against a pretty good opponent.

Charlotte is NOT Colgate, so attempting to divine next week's game by comparing last night's game to what Louisville did to Charlotte on Thursday won't give us any real inkling of what it expect. I suspect that, had we played Charlotte, we'd have put up a good 56+ points and allowed not more than 14.

I don't know if the boys can pull of a victory next week; I do think, though, that it'll be a lot better, and closer, than last year's cluster-f**k.

If the front 4 get to the QB better maybe we have a punchers chance . I didnt see holes opening up for the RBs like i'd hoped for . I watched the lines last night i just did not see the push, i'd hoped for against a lower tiered team .

I'll watch ,maybe go!

I have learned to not make bold predictions. However, I want to point out that the team Louisville beat was 2-10 last season only beating Georgia State and Presbyterian, not exactly powerhouses.

To be honest I would be surprised by ANY outcome next week. I could see us losing by 4-5 TDs or winning by that many. Momentum and confidence are funny things when it comes to athletics. Get a little momentum and confidence and good or bad could snowball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom