Louisville will destroy Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Louisville will destroy Michigan

JoeSU

All American
I apologize if this has been discussed, and I honestly don't believe this is sour grapes. But down the stretch when we started pressuring UM, they really became unglued and looked rattled. Just wait until the Cards do it to them for 40 mins.

Not so sure. They handled VCU with ease. McGary isn't going to be afraid of Dieng.

He should be. I think dieng will eat him up...bigger, more athletic, better shooter, better defender.

Witchita State didn't seem afraid of him either though. I guess we will see soon enough, the 2 guys play different styles.

I apologize if this has been discussed, and I honestly don't believe this is sour grapes. But down the stretch when we started pressuring UM, they really became unglued and looked rattled. Just wait until the Cards do it to them for 40 mins.
I don't think louisville has the depth to press for 40 minutes. Should be a good game but I probably won't watch it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think it'll be a very good game between 2 very good teams, but not great teams.

I'm all in on Louisville. Was hoping an all BE final. Hope they can close out the BE on a high note. I don't think McGary will get some of those shots but, more importantly, I don't think he'll be in a position to get 6 assists. Michigan will make some threes as they did against Cuse but LVille guards will get in the lane against them and create trouble.

He should be. I think dieng will eat him up...bigger, more athletic, better shooter, better defender.

I think maybe you should watch McGary play more. He was, by far, the most skilled big man we played against all year and, IMO, was the difference in the game.

I hope you're right but I don't see it. I mean L'ville is the better team but the gap between them & everyone else has been greatly exaggerated. I give Beilein the edge in the coaching department.

I think maybe you should watch McGary play more. He was, by far, the most skilled big man we played against all year and, IMO, was the difference in the game.

Yep and that was my point earlier, above. He won't be afraid and will certainly bang with Dieng. Annnddd, yeah that sounds wrong, lol.

I think if Deing didn't play with Russ, you'd clearly see who is the most skilled big man is. The offense was forced to almost run thru MM last night and he did a great job against us. If he winds up one on one with Deing it's my opinion that he MM wont look nearly as skilled.

I think if Deing didn't play with Russ, you'd clearly see who is the most skilled big man is. The offense was forced to almost run thru MM last night and he did a great job against us. If he winds up one on one with Deing it's my opinion that he MM wont look nearly as skilled.

Dieng is certainly right there in the discussion. He's awesome. McGary is probably a little quicker, a little shorter, and more talented. They do the same kinds of things. Dieng is better defensively right now.

Love Deing, he is a difference maker on D and will play at the next level because of his D and rebounding. McGary is special, IMO, and is just a freshman. The match up with Deing will certainly be interesting.

Love Deing, he is a difference maker on D and will play at the next level because of his D and rebounding. McGary is special, IMO, and is just a freshman. The match up with Deing will certainly be interesting.
McGary also played well against the best shot blocker in the nation imo Jeff Withey. He definitely won't be afraid of Dieng. Dieng is a lot like Fab, in that he always tries to block everything leaving his man open for offensive rebounds. I guarantee you that McGary will have 4-5 putbacks tomorrow just because of that.

Depends how many 35 foot 3 pointers (or "Vermonters" as I call them) Michigan hits.

They hit two last night and won by 5.

I think Louisville will ultimately win the game but it should be a good one.

I will be watching. Final game of the season so why the hell not.

I don't think louisville has the depth to press for 40 minutes. Should be a good game but I probably won't watch it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
amen on that second sentence. No way can I watch it. Once Syracuse loses in March, it becomes Basketbore... More like basket "I wanna curl up in a ball and cry" ball

I felt all along Louisville was the overall favorite and I don't expect them to lose Monday night.... One side note, even if Syracuse had won on Saturday I didn't see them defeating Louisville so losing to Michigan (as opposed to losing on Monday night) is slightly less painful.

Dieng should be bigger and better, he's 23 years old. Even so, he disappeared against Wichita St.

Will depend if Michigan hits shots, If the Ville D stops them then Ville wins with ease.

This may be a big game for Harell.

I wonder if the people saying Louisville destroys Michigan are the ones saying there's no way we'd lose to Michigan, there's no way they'd keep MCW out of the lane, our guards would be way too big for them, Boeheim never loses on the saturday of final four weekend, and Beilein can't beat Boeheim?

It's an interesting match-up. Louisville isn't a great shooting team, but sometimes gets hot, and will probably have to win on the inside. They're better equipped to do that then we were. Michigan will have to shoot well from outside win. Does Louiville try to press? If they do, does Michigan get easy points by breaking it, or do they turn the ball over? If Michigan has no problem with the press does that give them an advantage since Louiville is so used to scoring off of it?

I won't be all that surprised if either team wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom