Love him or hate him, Coach K is pure class! | Syracusefan.com

Love him or hate him, Coach K is pure class!

This one I understand. After JB got thrown out of duke game, he shaked hands to talk with ennis for like 3 minutes in the handshake line.

He did the same in the press conference. Totally put his team on the backburner and was talking about mercer and how happy and proud of them he was. I found it strange.

It's hard to hate the guy no matter how hard I try.
I know, as much as he is coach ratface, I just cant hate him like thompson(II and III), dixon or calhoun.
One of the reasons why Duke will NOT be our "main" rival

Very classy. I know it's "in" to hate Duke and K, but I have a ton of respect for him. Nice to see him do something like that.

Completely agree. The man is as classy as they come.

I like K, I just hate the team he coaches.

I don't actually "hate" Duke, I hate how ESPN gurgles and slobbers all over them like they're the greatest thing since 3-ply toilet paper. It annoys me how they seem to have convinced much of the college hoops world that the sun doesn't shine until Duke gets up.

How soon people forget.

So true, I hate Dixon the Thompsons and pay pal cal with a Passion!! Can't hate Coach K!
I would group Roy Williams in this bunch! But he said North Carolina on National TV!!

How soon people forget.

There is no denying that he is a quality human being. I certainly respect him for that.

You can also THOROUGHLY despise someone you respect as well. I guess I might be in that group.

Definitely a classy move.

And as has been stated throughout this thread, what a difference between K and pieces of sh/t like Jamie Dixon. Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.

I still don't like Duke, though--but that's not so much about K and more about the reverence they are afforded by both the sports media and refs. But its tough to dislike coach K.

It's fun to root for Duke to lose, but Coach K is a hell of a guy. Our rivalry with Duke is never going to reach G-town levels, but if it is a 'Nova level with great games without a pure disdain, I'm okay with that.

who could hate those pointy elbows ?

-c9ac2b79a72c0099.JPG

still luv ya daisy dook !

Last edited:
I hate him less now that his team doesn't get ALL THE CALLS ALL THE TIME no matter who they play. Not saying sometimes the refs don't favor them but it's no longer a given.

Rocco said:
There is no denying that he is a quality human being. I certainly respect him for that. You can also THOROUGHLY despise someone you respect as well. I guess I might be in that group.

Nobody on these boards, or it's predecessors, ever used the word respect before they realized how close he and JB were and he started publicly gushing about JB.