Low 300s vs High 100s (Seats) | Syracusefan.com

Low 300s vs High 100s (Seats)

TBCuse11

Starter
thoughts on which seats are better? We have been in the 300s, Row B, for five years now. We always consider moving down, but honestly we like the view from up top. Then again, being closer to the action is always cool.

What does the board think?

thoughts on which seats are better? We have been in the 300s, Row B, for five years now. We always consider moving down, but honestly we like the view from up top. Then again, being closer to the action is always cool.

save your money. Row B in the upper deck are great seats. I for one do not like to sit in the lower sections. Football especially. The dome is not that big and seats in the 300 level are not bad if you are not 30 rows up. I have 2 tickets in 211 and 2 tickets in 314. I like the 314 better than 211 and my 211 seats are top of the three point line.

Depending on how far back you are in the 100s, I think you can get a little bit of darkness from the middle deck above.

I'd take lower upper deck all day long.

First ever Dome trip in 1989, I sat in the middle deck, towards the back. It's awful. Only bad seats in the Dome. Not sure if there is any of this effect at the back of the lower deck, but there might be.

save your money. Row B in the upper deck are great seats. I for one do not like to sit in the lower sections. Football especially. The dome is not that big and seats in the 300 level are not bad if you are not 30 rows up. I have 2 tickets in 211 and 2 tickets in 314. I like the 314 better than 211 and my 211 seats are top of the three point line.

thats kind of what we think. we arent at midfield or anything like that, we are parallel to the 2 yard line 323 maybe? but u can see everything developing and its easy access to the tunnel to get in and out. Hmm...

I'll be honest, I've bounced all over the Carrier Dome for football. I've been 8 rows behind the home and away benches. I've been 1st Deck endzone and corners. I've been 2nd deck endzone and corners. I've been 3rd Deck 50/20 and corner.

My favorite seats in terms of sight lines have been 3rd deck corners, (Thank you TexanMark ) you can see everything develop.

My favorite seats in terms of action and seeing things happen with the team are first deck behind the benches.

I'm not a fan of endzone on any level and I'm not a fan of 1st deck corners.

I'll be honest, I've bounced all over the Carrier Dome for football. I've been 8 rows behind the home and away benches. I've been 1st Deck endzone and corners. I've been 2nd deck endzone and corners. I've been 3rd Deck 50/20 and corner.

My favorite seats in terms of sight lines have been 3rd deck corners, (Thank you TexanMark ) you can see everything develop.

My favorite seats in terms of action and seeing things happen with the team are first deck behind the benches.

I'm not a fan of endzone on any level and I'm not a fan of 1st deck corners.

i guess u would like our seats then. maybe we will just stay put.

i guess u would like our seats then. maybe we will just stay put.
I'm up over the entryway in 308 Right now, so we've got the rail in front of us and we're on the aisle. I'll be hanging on to these seats for awhile. It took me years to get them where I wanted them.

I'm up over the entryway in 308 Right now, so we've got the rail in front of us and we're on the aisle. I'll be hanging on to these seats for awhile. It took me years to get them where I wanted them.

would love to be on the aisle. we are seats 8-11 i think. keep waiting for the old times in front of us to stop renewing, or for the people on the aisle to stop. waiting game...

I plan on finally making the Spring game this year. Will be able to check out the lower level seats Ive never had vs lower 200s where i've never sat. I'm usually in the 300s for sight lines and cost but the 100s are great if you're back far enough to see over the players. Fun seeing a 40 yard pass seemingly flying right at you before dropping as well as hearing the crack of the pads, helmets, etc. Also nice to be gaurenteed the ref hearing you when criticizing his poor eye sight and/or judgement

I just moved down from 309 to 211 ( against my will ) after about 12-15 years. You are in the best seats in the house. You'll regret it.

stay where you are, as also someone whose bounced around the dome a lot, the place to be is upper level for sure.

stay where you are, as also someone whose bounced around the dome a lot, the place to be is upper level for sure.

thanks. seems to be what most are saying. we sat in some 100s for the Spring game last year, i didnt like it as much as where we are currently...

I'd stay in the low 300's. You might want to check with Dan Bartlett to see if you can upgrade in the 3rd deck. I moved a couple of years ago within my same section. I moved back 2 rows, but moved from the middle of the row to on the aisle. I moved over about 5 yards towards the middle and now have easy access to the aisle. Same price point. A win win. (or is that win-win-win?!)

For those who have sat in the 200s..how many rows can you go back before they start to suck?

TexanMark said:
For those who have sat in the 200s..how many rows can you go back before they start to suck?
I'm in 211 which is middle of court basically. I'm back in row I, which is under the upper level overhang. My only beef is your view of the mass of humanity is blocked. So your not taking in the whole experience. But they don't suck. I don't like 100 level, and love lower 300. 200 is decent.

I'm in 211 which is middle of court basically. I'm back in row I, which is under the upper level overhang. My only beef is your view of the mass of humanity is blocked. So your not taking in the whole experience. But they don't suck. I don't like 100 level, and love lower 300. 200 is decent.

How many rows are free of the overhang? About 5? So in your opinion Row I is decent?

Thoughts here -- Lower 300 level is awesome. Back of the 100's also awesome. Honestly you deal with a coin flip there. Both will have advantages and disadvantages. As for the 200s I think you're better off with the coin flip. 200s are also a night atmosphere the view starts losing its luster as you inch back toward the last 5 rows or so. Come to the spring game on the 4th and take a look at something like 129 in the non preferred area. Pretty good look (8-10 yard line depending) if you're above row O

i'll tell you this though... much better feeling wondering "How are the higher 100's?" than "Man I miss the lower level 300's"

Dan I'm in the extreme upper 301/302...love the seats. I get my cardio going down and back from the stainless steel trough while Mr. Excitement is babbling about Yancey's Fancy and usually not missing a play during a TV timeout. IMHO the best bang for the buck is the lower 300s in the corners for $125.

How many rows are free of the overhang? About 5? So in your opinion Row I is decent?

From my recollection, I think 5 rows is about right. I just recall, it wasn't much. By the time you get to the back row, you can't see the punts.

Chip said:
From my recollection, I think 5 rows is about right. I just recall, it wasn't much. By the time you get to the back row, you can't see the punts.
Yeah, I would never sit in my basketball seats for a football game.

Dan I'm in the extreme upper 301/302...love the seats. I get my cardio going down and back from the stainless steel trough while Mr. Excitement is babbling about Yancey's Fancy and usually not missing a play during a TV timeout. IMHO the best bang for the buck is the lower 300s in the corners for $125.
We're right on the edge of one of the 300 corners (the $150 seats) and really like it. Not too far up (Row I) and though it wouldn't be bad to be on the aisle, I think I really lucked out.

You're in your own atmosphere up there. But I agree with you. I love that coaches box view & There truly isn't a BAD seat for football there are just better seats than others. $125 seats are prime real estate

I have had seats 6 rows from the SU bench on the 15 yard line ( the year we blew out ND at home and Reyes couldn't be stopped), i sat in 316 at the top row of the stadium with friends for probably 20 years, and ive had tickets behind the endzone etc... I have always felt that the lower 300 level seats in The Dome are quite possibly the best seats ive sat in for any football stadium in terms of sight lines and convenience.

I'll be honest, when I was a student sitting in the 100's was sometimes tough because you couldn't see the entire field based on the angle. Then parent weekend rolled around and I wound up sitting in the upper tier...holy crap, so much better. For football, I'll take the 300's over the 100's every time, just because of how much better you can see the whole field. And it's not like at some 100k seat stadium, where you're so far from the field you can't tell what's going on.