LSU-BYU | Syracusefan.com

LSU-BYU

upperdeck

Living Legend
that Game is getting dicey now.. I know most on the LSU forum seem to poo poo it being cancelled but another 10-20 inches of rain around Houston lasting into the end of the week isn't going to be pretty down there.

that Game is getting dicey now.. I know most on the LSU forum seem to poo poo it being cancelled but another 10-20 inches of rain around Houston lasting into the end of the week isn't going to be pretty down there.
Won't be cancelled, they'll just move it.

Superdome seems most likely spot. It's owned by same company as NRG Stadium

The way the forecasters have the storm tracking is such that we (Houston area) will have the storm for a few more days and then due north to Dallas and OKC. for next weekend.

Baton Rouge is on the otter edges of the storm now, not sure how bad they are getting it, but the rain is usually the worst after feeding off the water, on the east side of the storm to the northeast and then to northwest, like it is doing now. Baton Rouge could get more rain than currently expected.

The way the forecasters have the storm tracking is such that we (Houston area) will have the storm for a few more days and then due north to Dallas and OKC. for next weekend.

Baton Rouge is on the otter edges of the storm now, not sure how bad they are getting it, but the rain is usually the worst after feeding off the water, on the east side of the storm to the northeast and then to northwest, like it is doing now. Baton Rouge could get more rain than currently expected.
Stay safe. I know it sounds hollow (and perhaps impossible), but please let us know if there is anything we can do for you on our end.

Stay safe. I know it sounds hollow (and perhaps impossible), but let us know if there is anything we can do on our end.

Thank you, and will do. I live a little north of the city and am on higher ground, so far so good. I was worried about my girls, but they have all checked in and everyone is good. Fortunately for me, my current "suffering" is watching the pizza commercials and not being able to order (talk about first world problems!).

I know there are several other posters that live and work in the Houston area. Hopefully they will check in on various threads.

If anyone wants to do something now, donations to the Red Cross and other recognized aid agencies is a good way to help the region in general. If a fellow Orange fan has a specific need, we can address the matter once it is known.

Thank you, and will do. I live a little north of the city and am on higher ground, so far so good. I was worried about my girls, but they have all checked in and everyone is good. Fortunately for me, my current "suffering" is watching the pizza commercials and not being able to order (talk about first world problems!).

I know there are several other posters that live and work in the Houston area. Hopefully they will check in on various threads.

If anyone wants to do something now, donations to the Red Cross and other recognized aid agencies is a good way to help the region in general. If a fellow Orange fan has a specific need, we can address the matter once it is known.
Done.

I urge others, if they are able, to donate to the Red Cross, as Htown suggests above. Large or small, it doesn't matter. It will help support rescue efforts, and humanitarian aid (food, shelter, etc.) for those impacted by this extraordinary event.

Good to see you on here. Are y'all doing ok?

Yeah, lots of flooding around me, including I10 highway which is a mile from my house, but we are good. Water has actually receded some since yesterday even though it's still raining. Have electricity and even Directv, so we've been able to keep ourselves busy. Sucks we can't go anywhere. National Guard is stationed at our high school about 4 miles away. And right down the road from them many businesses are flooded. Our offices are closed through Wednesday. It's surreal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom