Luke Arciniega | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Luke Arciniega

More excited about Marquez Hodge than Devan Carter as a LB prospect but now we can hopeflly redshirt both.

Yep couldn't remember the other kid but hell yeah both can redshirt now. Just wonder who is on the 2 deep at the Mike now?

The kind a team like SU needs to take.
I mean, yeah great to have the guy, its just risky to put eligibility in the hands of the NCAA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yep couldn't remember the other kid but hell yeah both can redshirt now. Just wonder who is on the 2 deep at the Mike now?

Arcinega

Spruill

Coker

Williams on the nose with a Pro sized MLB behind him. Spruil and Davis on the edge not to bad

Williams on the nose with a Pro sized MLB behind him. Spruil and Davis on the edge not to bad

Crume, Bromley, Raymon, Williams, Zian Jones, the other big kid from NYC. That's a lot of beef on the defensive interior!

With him and the added bulk at DT this team will no longer be run over. We are big up the middle now. Is he a January enrolle?

It appears that he will be a January enrollee.

Seems like a good get.

I mean, yeah great to have the guy, its just risky to put eligibility in the hands of the NCAA.

He's 2 to play 2 regardless. His eligibility isn't in question.

If anything, approaching the NCAA would be for 3 to play 3 due to medical hardship.

Where's the risk? At worst he's a traditional JUCO and at best he gets an additional year.

He's 2 to play 2 regardless. His eligibility isn't in question.

If anything, approaching the NCAA would be for 3 to play 3 due to medical hardship.

Where's the risk? At worst he's a traditional JUCO and at best he gets an additional year.
My comment was made with the understanding that he could be 3 to play 2.

If he gets the medical hardship, wouldn't it be 3 to play 3? If I understand it right. He was concussed in 2010. Took 2011 off and played this year. So he has only played one year. If they grant him the extra year, wouldn't it be 3 to play 3?
He's played two years. 2010 at Nevada, 2011 redshirt due to injury, 2012 JUCO. The waiver would gain him back his redshirt year if he needed it for some reason (injury). He wouldn't be able to gain another year to play football.

He's played two years. 2010 at Nevada, 2011 redshirt due to injury, 2012 JUCO. The waiver would gain him back his redshirt year if he needed it for some reason (injury). He wouldn't be able to gain another year to play football.

He definitely played JUCO in 2012, but I'm not so sure he ever played at Nevada. He was a grayshirt in 2010 and was supposed to enroll there in January 2011. According to him he's going after a 3rd year of eligibility.

sounds like he never played at nevada so he could get his 3rd year to play back. he missed two years with the injury without playing.

Actually, yes.

That is correct.

See Bill Snyder.
orange bubble, where all potential is good. KState actually farms out their recruits out of high school into the multi-school JC system in the state of Kansas. So, not exactly the same. Other than that, I hope he is the second coming of Brian Urlacher. Sitting out for concussions is a bad omen, not going to phrase it well, but these guys are more prone to further concussions

Is it me, or did we kind of sell Diabate short this year? He really seemed to be in on a ton of plays, just didn't have a ton of size to bounce off the guy blocking him, but he seemed to really read plays very well.

Crume, Bromley, Raymon, Williams, Zian Jones, the other big kid from NYC. That's a lot of beef on the defensive interior!

Wonder if they move Raymon back to DE with all the Dt's we have

I'm pretty excited about devan carter as an athlete but he'll have to learn the lb position. Hodge is a lb right now. If not for AE carter could be coming in as a rb. Really like both kids.

Yup I was wrong. 3 to play 3 if he gets the hardship waiver.

orange bubble, where all potential is good. KState actually farms out their recruits out of high school into the multi-school JC system in the state of Kansas. So, not exactly the same. Other than that, I hope he is the second coming of Brian Urlacher. Sitting out for concussions is a bad omen, not going to phrase it well, but these guys are more prone to further concussions

I question that premise.

Bill Snyder built that program with JCs - many from outside KS.

K-State was not farming out athletes when he arrived in Manhattan, KS - it was the worst major college football team in history.

Is it me, or did we kind of sell Diabate short this year? He really seemed to be in on a ton of plays, just didn't have a ton of size to bounce off the guy blocking him, but he seemed to really read plays very well.
I thought he was over-matched at times physically but he made a lot of plays, got into the backfield and disrupted the running game often and was a clear improvement over Spruill at the MIKE position. Excellent in the Okie, as he was last year.

It was a good move to make him a starter at MIKE.

I thought he was over-matched at times physically but he made a lot of plays, got into the backfield and disrupted the running game often and was a clear improvement over Spruill at the MIKE position. Excellent in the Okie, as he was last year.

It was a good move to make him a starter at MIKE.

I love Diabete's leadership and hutsle but when people ran downhill at us, we had no answer. Diabete is great in space, but really struggled playing in a box. A true mike should be best inside the box. I believe that Arciniega will best our best mike since Smith. My only concern is if he has the mobility our system demands. I think that at least for his first year, he is only a 2 down player. Lynch replaces him in Okie/Nickel

I love Diabete's leadership and hutsle but when people ran downhill at us, we had no answer. Diabete is great in space, but really struggled playing in a box. A true mike should be best inside the box. I believe that Arciniega will best our best mike since Smith. My only concern is if he has the mobility our system demands. I think that at least for his first year, he is only a 2 down player. Lynch replaces him in Okie/Nickel

There was a point about 3-4 games into the season when things clicked for the DTs, and they began occupying blockers and letting the LBs run free to make plays. Before that, a player Diabate's size got engulfed by blockers and couldn't disengage. When the DTs kept blockers off him, he was free to use his speed to run to the ball.

Hopfully, Arciniega has both the speed and lateral mobility to play in our system.

K-State was not farming out athletes when he arrived in Manhattan, KS - it was the worst major college football team in history.[/quote]

Before he retired there first time, and now in his current reign. I'm from there, he basically gets the JC kids from the same 3-4 JC schools, one in TX, two in KS, one in Iowa. Its not absolute, some do come from CA. Not a lot of d1 high school football in kansas. Kids he recruits out of high school that may have to go JC for size/grades, but much like the Milford situation with SU, he tries to stay close and ultimately get them to go to KSU when ready. Look, even Alabama gets an occasional JC player, one was at Milford last year?, but most schools don't routinely use the JC route, hopefully, this won't be the norm for us, I like the traditional way of developing players in the program, pros and cons, not looking to raise a ruckus. People hold up KSU as the measuring stick for recruiting JC, like using Boise ST to show that recruiting rankings don't matter. Its not absolute, coaches get who they get

K-State was not farming out athletes when he arrived in Manhattan, KS - it was the worst major college football team in history.

Snyder does not farm out kids to JCs. These kids end up at JC because they can't get into college. If they were eligible they'd be enrolling at KState - or someplace else - right out of the gate. He recruits them because they are in his backyard and play at type notch programs. They are also ready made to win now and don't need much development. This is the single biggest advantage of a juco vs a high school kid.

There's no comparison of a JUCO to Milford though (or Hargrave or Fork Union for that matter).

JC's kids start losing elibility, Milford is a prep school (essentially a 5th year of high school) kids don't lose eligibility by attending and they either need a higher test score or to raise a grade or two. The majority of JUCO kids are ineligible and need to graduate JUCO to be eligible.

I find it a little interesting that while people are putting our staff down for recruiting JUCO's 3 kids we wanted have now committed to Miami, Oregon and Boise St. So obviously the JUCO's we're recruiting can ball.

If the juco comes in and plays a solid two years why is that a bad thing? the reality is that most kids RS then some start to play a bit year two, and hopefully perform for 3 yrs, but not all do and not all jucos play at a high level for two. Clark didn't seem to do all that much last year, but still he caught passes, scored TD's and did more than several rcvrs we have who have been on the roster for 2-3 yrs.

We don't really get 4 years out of most of the HS kids we recruit, the real question is can the kid play, getting more than two solid years out of anyone is a bonus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom