Lunardi's latest Bracketschmacketry | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi's latest Bracketschmacketry

That bracket is so bad I can't understand how ESPN touts his last 4 in and last 4 out crap on the bottom line during Championship week. The committee WOULD NEVER PUT THE TOP 2 ACC teams IN THE SAME BRACKET IF THEY ARE BOTH TOP 4 SEEDS. Louisville's best win is @UConn and they are a 4 seed? Kentucky is 2-4 away from Rupp wins over Providence and @Vandy and are a 4 seed? San Diego State has 1 loss to #1 Arizona and won @Kansas and plays in the MWC, and is a 3 seed while Wichita State has 1 good win @St. Louis and is a 1 seed? Virginia lost 4 games in the non-conference and has good 1 non-conference win against SMU and is a 5 seed. Lunardi is terrible I mean goodness gracious this dude has no clue how to seed resumes.

Stole my comment; how can he have Duke and SU in the same region?

That bracket is so bad I can't understand how ESPN touts his last 4 in and last 4 out crap on the bottom line during Championship week. The committee WOULD NEVER PUT THE TOP 2 ACC teams IN THE SAME BRACKET IF THEY ARE BOTH TOP 4 SEEDS. Louisville's best win is @UConn and they are a 4 seed? Kentucky is 2-4 away from Rupp wins over Providence and @Vandy and are a 4 seed? San Diego State has 1 loss to #1 Arizona and won @Kansas and plays in the MWC, and is a 3 seed while Wichita State has 1 good win @St. Louis and is a 1 seed? Virginia lost 4 games in the non-conference and has good 1 non-conference win against SMU and is a 5 seed. Lunardi is terrible I mean goodness gracious this dude has no clue how to seed resumes.
For a bit more sanity, http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

FWIW, Palm has SU and Duke in the same region, but Duke is a 5.

Also, the committee won't do it because SU and Duke play twice in the regular season and could play a 3rd time in the ACC Tournament. The kid wouldn't make them play a 4th time before the Final Four if both were top 4 seeds.

I hate when these bracket prognosticators make their brackets without respect to the rules of the committee. When I see SU facing Baylor or Cal or Minnesota is the 2nd round, I wonder if these guys are paying attention.

my new favorite word:
Bracketschmacketry
Stupid, you wouldn't have a Duke (Probably the 2nd best team in the ACC) in the same braket since we are both ACC, IMO.

That is because Palm knows the rules and the top 3 provision only apparently applies if the teams are top 4 seeds. If Duke was a 4 seed and they will be in his next updated bracket factoring in the @Pitt win he won't have them in the East.

I still don't see this anywhere on the NCAA website, but at least Palm knows the main rule.
Disagreeing with seeding is fine, reasonable minds can differ, but i have no idea how Lunardi can just violate bracketing principles.

Having to play Ohio State in a 2nd round 8/9 game would be a nightmare.

I just asked him that via the Twitter machine.
Don't worry I doubt he realizes the mistake. I mean this guy is a clown and is somehow been able be able to pull the wolf in sheep's clothing routine and been recognized as some sorta expert. I am no expert, and I could do a better job.

The top 3 teams from a conference cannot be placed in the same region if they are protected 1-4 seeds. Somebody please let Lunardi in on that. Yikes. If you get paid to do this you should know the rules. Maybe he doesn't consider Duke a top 3 in the ACC.

Ohio State is no where close to the 8-9 line based on their resume and unless they beat Michigan, @Iowa, @Wisconsin, @Indiana, Michigan State they will be one of the last teams in.

eao1115 said:
why? They are horrible. Unc bad

Will the Ohio State even make it?

They will likely lose three of their next four - Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan and that will put them at 4-8 with six games left. One of those six is Michigan State (definite loss), and also Minnesota and Indiana. Who the hell knows, Northwestern and Penn State (again) could beat them at this point. They will probably have a sub-.500 conference record.

Will the Ohio State even make it?

They will likely lose three of their next four - Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan and that will put them at 4-8 with six games left. One of those six is Michigan State (definite loss), and also Minnesota and Indiana. Who the hell knows, Northwestern and Penn State (again) could beat them at this point. They will probably have a sub-.500 conference record.
Last year Illinois got in with an 8-10 conference record, though they had a couple sig wins. They were a 7 seed.

if they can't beat MSU or mich at home it's gonna be tough

Are people really complaining over a meaningless bracket??
It's not the brackett, its the reporting and analysis. More realistic, we could see Kentucky as a 8/9 seed as I see them losing at least 3 if not 4 more games at a minimum. Depending on where they need to place teams, I think that is a much more realistic match up than an OSU in that position.

Are people really complaining over a meaningless bracket??
No offense, but if that is your post you are better off just ignoring the thread. Complaining about the fact the bracketologist who is paid to give a new bracket each week by the World Wide Leader in sports and doesn't understand the basic rules for bracketing is a pretty big epic failure. I could care less about the teams as its more of click generating article, but the fact this "expert" can't even realize he made a major mistake is hilariously bad for the guy's creditability when he will paraded around Championship week as a bracketologist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom