Lydon and Richardson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon and Richardson

Exactly.

The same people who thought we were going bowling after a 3-0 start.
Hey weren't you the one that that questioned Malachi's ability to play at this level? Glass houses.

Hey weren't you the one that that questioned Malachi's ability to play at this level? Glass houses.

You might be referring to me. I'm not sure what cuseguy said.

I saw MR play in HS several times as I live < 10 miles away from Trenton Catholic. Here's what I've said in the past before he ever came to SU based on what I saw from him in HS.

PROS: Excellent shooter with great form, unselfish and a good passer. Good length and fairly strong build. Handle ok but needs work in terms of breaking down tough defenders (btw I've already seen some improvement in that since HS).

CONS: Not at all interested in rebounding or playing defense. Rarely played hard when I saw him. In fact it stood out like a sore thumb. I think we saw some of the concern about defense and rebounding play out last night. If he can play good defense and rebound well while playing his butt off then he will be a major positive contributor for SU and I will be the first to acknowledge it. Jury still out on that score imo.

You might be referring to me. I'm not sure what cuseguy said.

I saw MR play in HS several times as I live < 10 miles away from Trenton Catholic. Here's what I've said in the past before he ever came to SU based on what I saw from him in HS.

PROS: Excellent shooter with great form, unselfish and a good passer. Good length and fairly strong build. Handle ok but needs work in terms of breaking down tough defenders (btw I've already seen some improvement in that since HS).

CONS: Not at all interested in rebounding or playing defense. Rarely played hard when I saw him. In fact it stood out like a sore thumb. I think we saw some of the concern about defense and rebounding play out last night. If he can play good defense and rebound well while playing his butt off then he will be a major positive contributor for SU and I will be the first to acknowledge it. Jury still out on that score imo.
I don't think it was just you. I'll be honest Mali is the least of my concerns on this team. Honestly all of the freshman are. Cooney? Yeesh. Coleman? Yeesh. Roberson? Yeesh.

I don't think it was just you. I'll be honest Mali is the least of my concerns on this team. Honestly all of the freshman are. Cooney? Yeesh. Coleman? Yeesh. Roberson? Yeesh.

Roberson improved massively as the season wore on last year. I've been disappointed in him so far too but it's way too early to get down on him or the others as well.

Roberson improved massively as the season wore on last year. I've been disappointed in him so far too but it's way too early to get down on him or the others as well.

He had to improve massively because he was downright awful his freshman and beginning of his sophomore years.

The 5 position is our biggest worry. No matter how much you like Lydon or how you spin it, we will not be in good shape if he ever plays 25 minutes at the Center position again. Maybe he is our best option but that is the difference between winning 15 games without him as our main center and 17 games with him as our main center. And frankly, I dont care about that difference.

Cooney was good yesterday. Roberson was good yesterday.

The 5 position is our biggest worry. No matter how much you like Lydon or how you spin it, we will not be in good shape if he ever plays 25 minutes at the Center position again. Maybe he is our best option but that is the difference between winning 15 games without him as our main center and 17 games with him as our main center. And frankly, I dont care about that difference.

Cooney was good yesterday. Roberson was good yesterday.
Cooney was good? Seriously, what are you watching? He had a couple of steals. Other than that, he was terrible.

And I'll bet you $100 that Lydon gets more than 25 mpg and we win more that 15 games.

EDIT: Roberson was better against Bonnie's than Lehigh,but his play is nowhere near "good".

And I'll bet you $100 that Lydon gets more than 25 mpg and we win more that 15 games.

as long as you realize what I actually said and its based 100% off of my post - you gotta deal.

But I dont think you accurately read my post. :bat:

AZOrange said:
Cooney was good? Seriously, what are you watching? He had a couple of steals. Other than that, he was terrible. And I'll bet you $100 that Lydon gets more than 25 mpg and we win more that 15 games. EDIT: Roberson was better against Bonnie's than Lehigh,but his play is nowhere near "good".

Give me yesterdays terrible Cooney every day. How was he terrible? Yea he was 2-8 from 3 but would you have been happy with 3-8? He had 18 points, a couple of huge baskets, went to the hole a few times, 4 Rebs, 2 assts, 6! steals, and had more energy out there than anyone. I'll take that every game.

He had to improve massively because he was downright awful his freshman and beginning of his sophomore years.

Big jump from HS to D-1. Not everybody is going to hit the ground running. Not exactly like he was allowed to play through his mistakes either.

as long as you realize what I actually said and its based 100% off of my post - you gotta deal.

But I dont think you accurately read my post. :bat:
Your post was sorta nonsensical, but let's see if I get it...basically we have no chance with Lydon at center (17 wins) but we suck even worse without him (15 wins). My post was saying he's going to play a lot (25 plus) AND we will win more than 17 (15 was a typo). Want to bet?

Big jump from HS to D-1. Not everybody is going to hit the ground running. Not exactly like he was allowed to play through his mistakes either.

Side note: the exact opposite of that for Mali and Lydon will = great things for 16/17 Cuse.

(see what i just did there - they are BOTH coming back!)

Give me yesterdays terrible Cooney every day. How was he terrible? Yea he was 2-8 from 3 but would you have been happy with 3-8? He had 18 points, a couple of huge baskets, went to the hole a few times, 4 Rebs, 2 assts, 6! steals, and had more energy out there than anyone. I'll take that every game.
He's getting wide open looks. He literally can't shoot. He can barely dribble. His passing is not good. His defense is awful in the zone aside from the steals. His d rebounding was ok, and he made some steals. He has to play better.

I like Cooney and think he does a lot of little subtle things that might go unrecognized but a lot of his points yesterday came from the FT line when the Bonnies were in foul mode. That said, I'm not worried about TC and think he will have a solid year.

AZOrange said:
He's getting wide open looks. He literally can't shoot. He can barely dribble. His passing is not good. His defense is awful in the zone aside from the steals. His d rebounding was ok, and he made some steals. He has to play better.

You made most of that up so end of discussion.

I don't doubt that at all, I actually posted about Roberson and a lot of freshman coming in that it is dangerous to expect stardom from them out the shoot.

If this was all true I don't see how Kaleb/Howard wouldn't have been on the court especially given only 4 minutes for our soph.
I think its off by quite a bit.

Your post was sorta nonsensical, but let's see if I get it...basically we have no chance with Lydon at center (17 wins) but we suck even worse without him (15 wins). My post was saying he's going to play a lot (25 plus) AND we will win more than 17 (15 was a typo). Want to bet?

just as long as you understand that I am in no way saying Lydon sucks as a player - just that we can't win with him as our main CENTER.

If he plays 25 minutes AT CENTER, we will not win 18 games (i said we will win 17). He could play 40 minutes a game for all I care. But according to my math he played right around 25 min AT CENTER last night. Keep in mind he played 31 overall. I am NOT saying we will suck if Lydon plays. See the difference?

My math in figuring out how many minutes he played at center is adding the minutes Coleman + Chino played and subtracting that number by 40 because I'm pretty sure that Lydon was the only other option at Center and DC and CHino certainly only saw minutes at the 5. I didnt see Roberson there at all.

You made most of that up so end of discussion.
Lol. I made most of what up? You just highlighted a guy scoring 18 points going 4-12 from the field as though it's good. I like Trevor. I want him to make 10 threes a game. But he's not that guy. He's certainly not a 38 mpg guy.

15 games 17 games I am glad fans expectations are pretty meaningless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom