Lydon | Syracusefan.com

Lydon

Nice college game player. Not a pro. Sometimes you need to face reality.

Reality is that if he is going to be drafted due to measurable and potential, he has to leave now. If as you say he is not a pro and he can get drafted and get a decent first contract he should leave now and never look back. If he leaves and will be a 2nd round pick he is nuts, but if there is anyway he can secure a guaranteed contract he has to grab it.

You determined that off today's loss?

Need to get him more shots and he needs that "edge".

He is definitely a pro and will get paid to play basketball professionally.

• All this "potential" talk...hes Ryan Anderson best case scenario, nothing wrong with that but potential is more of freak athletic ability that hopefully can be harnessed into productive bball attributes... closer to Pittsnogle than a lotto pick imo

Boeheim pretty much saying what we've all said regarding his timidness with the ball.

You determined that off today's loss?

Need to get him more shots and he needs that "edge".

He is definitely a pro and will get paid to play basketball professionally.

No, determined that off the last month or two. Eye test speaks a lot.

I think he played well today. He was the only one rebounding and playing good defense. The PGs in the NBA are much better than Gillon, and Lydon will have a lot more looks either next year at Cuse or in the NBA

There is something going on with this team - Gillon will not pass the ball to Lydon and Lydon won't shoot the ball even when he does get it. I would love to see Lydon with a shot of Devo mixed in. Alas that is not his make up.
That said if he gets guaranteed cash he should go - no way I come back to play in our offense for another year. No thanks.

He'll be a better pro than he was a college player. He'll play in the NBA for many years. That's what drives me nuts about this year. Oh well.

I think he played well today. He was the only one rebounding and playing good defense. The PGs in the NBA are much better than Gillon, and Lydon will have a lot more looks either next year at Cuse or in the NBA

He cannot have five points as one of the scoring threats on this team. Shoot the damn ball.

There is something going on with this team - Gillon will not pass the ball to Lydon and Lydon won't shoot the ball even when he does get it. I would love to see Lydon with a shot of Devo mixed in. Alas that is not his make up.
That said if he gets guaranteed cash he should go - no way I come back to play in our offense for another year. No thanks.

yea, i noticed the same thing today in-person. Lydon was frustrated repeatedly with Gillon's decisions on offense -- he kept shaking off plays, wanting to go ISO and you could see Lydon throw his hands up, being like what? His numbers have come down since Gillon's been FT point guard. Not that we haven't been winning but I don't understand how he plays so far away from the ball and rarely gets it too. Very frustrating.

He cannot have five points as one of the scoring threats on this team. Shoot the damn ball.

I completely agree that he needs to take more shots, but he barely touched the ball on offense today. Gillon has a way of either not getting him the ball or getting him the ball a moment too late. I thought he pump faked less this game than the last few games

yea, i noticed the same thing today in-person. Lydon was frustrated repeatedly with Gillon's decisions on offense -- he kept shaking off plays, wanting to go ISO and you could see Lydon throw his hands up, being like what? His numbers have come down since Gillon's been FT point guard. Not that we haven't been winning but I don't understand how he plays so far away from the ball and rarely gets it too. Very frustrating.

Gillon threw it at Lydon's knees during a handoff. Lydon would thrive with anyone other than Gillon

He'll be a better pro than he was a college player. He'll play in the NBA for many years. That's what drives me nuts about this year. Oh well.
I thought so too but not when the description that best describes your game is "timid" (to put it mildly)

We'll see what happens. I hope we get a few more games (minimum) to see him play.

It would also be nice if he got the ball more.
He gets the ball and pump fakes and passes. He got the ball all game and passed up looks. Does Syracuse need a better interior passing PG yes but to say he needs the ball more is crazy. Ppl were screaming from the bench when he passed up shots.

• All this "potential" talk...hes Ryan Anderson best case scenario, nothing wrong with that but potential is more of freak athletic ability that hopefully can be harnessed into productive bball attributes... closer to Pittsnogle than a lotto pick imo

First, he's more Channing Frye than Ryan Anderson. And he's not a total dimwit like Pittsnoggle who never gave a hoot about basketball.

Second, Ryan Anderson has an $80 million dollar contract right now.

There is something going on with this team - Gillon will not pass the ball to Lydon

This has been going on all season...thankfully it's a non-issue now

You have it reversed. He'll be fine in the NBA as a second unit stretch four. What he isn't, is a first choice on offense on our team.

We'll see. I wouldn't draft him.

He was overmatched today by better athletes.

We'll see. I wouldn't draft him.

He was overmatched today by better athletes.

You aren't a playoff team that needs to shore up it's ability to stretch the floor with a catch and shoot four on your second unit. That's where he's going to get drafted. That's why he'll get drafted.

Maybe he comes back, maybe he doesn't. But anyone at that size that can shoot threes will get a look.

First, he's more Channing Frye than Ryan Anderson. And he's not a total dimwit like Pittsnoggle who never gave a hoot about basketball.

Second, Ryan Anderson has an $80 million dollar contract right now.

Frye? Ehh...Fryes legit 7ft and when first came in with Knicks had a very good low post game and took games over consistently at Zona. Like I said Andersons best case and he is uber aggressive getting shots up so well see. Never said anythings wrong with that but lets stop saying Lydon has crazy potential.

Frye? Ehh...Fryes legit 7ft and when first came in with Knicks had a very good low post game and took games over consistently at Zona. Like I said Andersons best case and he is uber aggressive getting shots up so well see. Never said anythings wrong with that but lets stop saying Lydon has crazy potential.

I said Lydon will be a second unit stretch four. Not sure if you are referring to me or someone else with the "crazy potential".

I don't think the Ryan Anderson comparison is good at all. I think it's lazy.

You aren't a playoff team that needs to shore up it's ability to stretch the floor with a catch and shoot four on your second unit. That's where he's going to get drafted. That's why he'll get drafted.

Maybe he comes back, maybe he doesn't. But anyone at that size that can shoot threes will get a look.

I'll defer to your NBA knowledge, but I'd be leery about drafting anyone who, despite the size, is totally uncomfortable putting up jump shots with a defender near him. At this point Lydon won't even shoot over a guard who's switched. Maybe it's just a case of having developed some bad habits, but it would seem to cancel out his biggest strength.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom