Mali 3% | Syracusefan.com

Mali 3%

Status
Not open for further replies.

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
He is now 21/79 on the year... 26.6%.

I say keep shooting. either he, or lydon is the most talented player on the team, and we can't score anyway so keep chucking.

I say keep shooting. either he, or lydon is the most talented player on the team, and we can't score anyway so keep chucking.

Silent G is by far the best player on this team. By far best shooter, great passer, great defender, great athlete. We have silent G on our team next year and we are preseason #1.

I didn't say best player, I said most talented. silent g is a good college player, but he defaults too much and disappears for long stretches against ok teams. he should have destroyed Wisconsin, but he is just missing something. maybe he will find it, but he is a 5th year senior leader on a relatively mediocre team. I'd like to be wrong, because I think gbinije should be a walking triple-double, but it just isn't there.

I didn't say best player, I said most talented. silent g is a good college player, but he defaults too much and disappears for long stretches against ok teams. he should have destroyed Wisconsin, but he is just missing something. maybe he will find it, but he is a 5th year senior leader on a relatively mediocre team. I'd like to be wrong, because I think gbinije should be a walking triple-double, but it just isn't there.
A walking triple double huh.

Silent G is by far the best player on this team. By far best shooter, great passer, great defender, great athlete. We have silent G on our team next year and we are preseason #1.
"By far" the best shooter may be a bit much. I think I'd put Lydon right alongside him in that category. He's just not a high volume shooter, which I think is unfortunate.

Richardson could be the 3rd most talented player on this team. There's a big drop off after the top two.

"By far" the best shooter may be a bit much. I think I'd put Lydon right alongside him in that category. He's just not a high volume shooter, which I think is unfortunate.

Fair enough. But I'll take silent G as "best shooter" just take off the by far.

His form is as pretty as I've ever seen.

the guy scored 19 of our 58 and he disappeared vs Wisconsin? adds 5 assists (on a possible 39 points) and 5 steals.

Mali meanwhile had 8 on 1/7 from 3

the crazy thing about silent G is his FT%. He is such a good 3 pt shooter and such a bad FT shooter.

This is his best FT% year and he is only at 71%. For a bit last year his 3% was higher than his FT% which has to be unheard of for anyone who has taken more than 1 or 2 threes.

Fair enough. But I'll take silent G as "best shooter" just take off the by far.

His form is as pretty as I've ever seen.
Definitely disagree about his form being the prettiest. Clearly you've never seen Dell Curry shoot a jump shot, for example. Or hell, his son has a pretty perfect stroke as well.

Definitely disagree about his form being the prettiest. Clearly you've never seen Dell Curry shoot a jump shot, for example. Or hell, his son has a pretty perfect stroke as well.

there are different variances of "text book"

and exactly as i said his is "as pretty as i've ever seen" NOT "the prettiest I've ever seen" as you just said.

Andy Rautins is right up there as well. Perfectly square to the hoop. Perfect arm. Perfect stroke.

Walking triple double? Who exactly is a walking triple double to you (in the history of basketball)? I'd love to know how you feel G fails to stack up to the very best players in basketball history.

I did some quick research, the career mark for triple doubles in NCAA history is 8 by a BYU kid who is a senior, Kyle Farnsworth. The previous career mark was 6, 6 triple doubles was the all time record for an NCAA athlete held by Shaquuille O'Neal and Clyde Drexler before Farnsworth did that in a single season last year.

Last year there were 8 Triple Doubles in all of men's NCAA basketball, with only Farnsworth getting more than 1 (he had 6!) Forgive me if I give G a pass for not being a "walking triple double" at this stage of his basketball career, playing out of position as a PG on a mediocre team, and still leading us In points, assists, PER and just about any other key statistic.

I would like to see him start taking the ball to the rim more, especially when the 3 isn't going down.

the crazy thing about silent G is his FT%. He is such a good 3 pt shooter and such a bad FT shooter.

This is his best FT% year and he is only at 71%. For a bit last year his 3% was higher than his FT% which has to be unheard of for anyone who has taken more than 1 or 2 threes.
he reminds me of bruce bowen

Pretty much the same as Cooney's freshman year. This year Cooney is just above him at 33.7% as a RS Senior.

Cooney didn't get near close to the same amount of run. Apples to Oranges. I do think Malachi is a better prospect, but...

Small differences in three point percentages mean a lot more than two pointers.

Cooneys current 3pt% equals about 52% from 2.

Malachi's 3pt% equals about 38% from 2.

Pretty much the same as Cooney's freshman year. This year Cooney is just above him at 33.7% as a RS Senior.

33.7 vs 26.6 is a HUGE difference. 30-33 is OK, 34-38 is good, 39 + is great. sub 30 is awful.

Cooney didn't get near close to the same amount of run. Apples to Oranges. I do think Malachi is a better prospect, but...

Small differences in three point percentages mean a lot more than two pointers.

Cooneys current 3pt% equals about 52% from 2.

Malachi's 3pt% equals about 38% from 2.
yep! the difference between small percentages isn't obvious to people. maybe it would be better flip the numerator and denominator.

This year, Cooney takes 3 three point shots to make one
Gbinije takes 2.09 threes to make one
Lydon 2.08
Richardson 3.67

the difference is much clearer

in conference play Cooney attempts a whopping 3.53 three pointers for everyone he makes.

Michael Gbinije is the player Mal Richardson will become.

Cooney has been an overrated shooter since he arrived. Malachi will be fine. I'm not too worried about him. As he learns the system and feel for the college game, I expect him to improve. If they both take 6 threes a game, I don't see the huge, I'm sorry, I mean HUGE difference between averaging 2/6 and 1.6 threes made. We need both of them to play well in order for this team to win.

33.7 vs 26.6 is a HUGE difference. 30-33 is OK, 34-38 is good, 39 + is great. sub 30 is awful.

It's been posted many times that you need to hit 33.3% to match 50% on two point shots. I made the point that 33.3% produces more rebounds and the defense usually gets those and someone had a link where they figured out the real break-even point is 35%. So anyone shooting below 35% should be finding other ways to score besides just jacking up three pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom