Mali vs Battle | Syracusefan.com

Mali vs Battle

Shark58

BANNED
who's better? why?

munchtrace.gif

I feel like Battle is the better shooter and defender. Mali actually may have been better going to the basket from what I've seen so far. I really think we should be comparing White to Mali tho.

Yeah I'd agree with that. White's just a great college shooter. Frank was the better PG tonight though. I think that position may be back and forth all year depending on the matchup.

From what I've seen thus far I'm comfortable with either one controlling the offense. Obviously Frank provides a bit more length on offense while Gillon provides more speed for the fast break. They'll have their moments though with Frank now getting major minutes and Gillon playing in a big boy conference. I love what they bring to the table at the point guard position as far as setting up the offense and creating opportunities for their teammates.

Yeah I'd agree with that. White's just a great college shooter. Frank was the better PG tonight though. I think that position may be back and forth all year depending on the matchup.

I thought Gillon would see a majority of the pg minutes, but if Frank keeps playing like this, its going to be a battle.

who's better? why?

munchtrace.gif

Obviously too early but I'm going with Mali. More of a pure shooter and was able to beat his man off the dribble in the half court. Haven't seen Tyus explode past his guy yet. Hope I'm wrong though, and Tyus has looked fantastic overall.

Mali seemed to rebound pretty well at times. Haven't seen enough to Battle to make a judgment on him. Obviously looks good though.

My memory of Mali was NCAA Tournament Mali where he was a freak against UVA.

Tyus doesn't look as explosive or flashy but he's also only played 3 games and doesn't have Kid n Play hair.

I feel like Tyus -- but I also feel like JB is holding him back a bit too much right now and he isn't getting in a rhythm. He has explosiveness written all over him.

who's better? why?

munchtrace.gif
Honestly it's hard to say. Mal was the better shooter and had slicker moves I think. We haven't really seen Battle drive, but I suspect that he'll end up being better, plus his handle is tighter. I think Battle is a better defender, but Mal played the 3 all year so he was a little out of position. Battle is definitely the better athlete overall, although Mal was underrated.

Battle, in every facet except for shooting. Not a knock on Tyus, but a compliment to Mali. Battle is great attacking the rim, really surprised he doesn't do it more. Perhaps with time he will do it. Also Mali playing back of the zone makes him hard to judge overall on defense. Think Battle will be our best defender of the top four we have now.

Sample size is too small. We haven't seen Tyus against teams with comparable size and talent. Malachi took over tournament games; Tyus did ok in exhibition games against out-matched teams.

Tyus is a great athlete, Malachi was more effective in half court offense. Watching games, you could see Malachi was our second best player. Watching Tyus, not so sure where he places.

Jeremy L. said:
I'm not sure who is better, but I'd take Battle, Unc and Gillon over Mali, G and Cooney

This year is TBD, but I will take the guys who got us to the final 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom