Class of 2015 - Malik Newman | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Malik Newman

Wow, I didn't know we had a shot at him. If we lose out on Briscoe, Newman would be quite a replacement.

Wow. We're suddenly in on a kid who ESPN has ranked as the #2 player in the class of 2015?

That'll do.

Wow. We're suddenly in on a kid who ESPN has ranked as the #2 player in the class of 2015?

That'll do.
247 has him at #1 in his class, I believe. Their rankings are a little screwy though.

I can hear Cal's recruiting pitch right now "Hey, we have alot in common, we are both #2. You are #2 on some recruiting services and I am a huge steaming pile of #2. Cool, right? Right...want a couple hundred thousand dollars?"

Any chance here? I would presume a long shot,
Wrote the following on the 2015 rankings thread.

"He'll have every school in the country fighting for his services. Seems open at this point but I think his Pops played at Miss St and they're considered to be heavy players throughout and you can never count out Moneybags Cal, especially since we're talking about a southern recruit."

I think the last ranked kid from down south SU got was David Johnson in 1988 when he was ranked #20 in his class. So I wouldn't get too worked up over this...chances are slim to none. When you see staff get involved late with a kid you wonder if it signals that they see their chances declining with kids that they have been recruiting for a long time and play the same position (like Whitehead and Briscoe?).

I think the last ranked kid from down south SU got was David Johnson in 1988 when he was ranked #20 in his class. So I wouldn't get too worked up over this...chances are slim to none. When you see staff get involved late with a kid you wonder if it signals that they see their chances declining with kids that they have been recruiting for a long time and play the same position (like Whitehead and Briscoe?).

Josh Pace(Georgia), Fab(played HS ball in Fl) are some of the ranked southern recruits we have had in recent memory, but in general our main base is basically in the northeast mixed in with an occasional midwest recruit. Which is why I never get too worked up about southern and west coast kids who might name drop SU because chances are slim to none that we'll land them.

Newman received an offer from Moneybags Cal today, so good luck to the competition.

Josh Pace(Georgia), Fab(played HS ball in Fl) are some of the ranked southern recruits we have had in recent memory, but in general our main base is basically in the northeast mixed in with an occasional midwest recruit. Which is why I never get too worked up about southern and west coast kids who might name drop SU because chances are slim to none that we'll land them.

Newman received an offer from Moneybags Cal today, so good luck to the competition.
MIKE JONNNESSS... i believe he was from one of the calinas.

Don't overlook the gamesmanship that goes on. SU offered to try and force the hand of UK, to prompt them to make an offer.

Then if UK offers Newman, the pecking order starts to hit home to Briscoe and Whitehead and could help accelerate their decisions to go to the premier program in the NorthEast.

As Francis notes above, UK just offered. Well done SU, well done. Now with UK exposed, it's time for SU to go back and lock up a commitment out of either Whitehead or Briscoe.

I think the last ranked kid from down south SU got was David Johnson in 1988 when he was ranked #20 in his class. So I wouldn't get too worked up over this...chances are slim to none.
So you're saying there's a chance?!?!

haza3ava.jpg

Don't overlook the gamesmanship that goes on. SU offered to try and force the hand of UK, to prompt them to make an offer.

Then if UK offers Newman, the pecking order starts to hit home to Briscoe and Whitehead and could help accelerate their decisions to go to the premier program in the NorthEast.

As Francis notes above, UK just offered. Well done SU, well done. Now with UK exposed, it's time for SU to go back and lock up a commitment out of either Whitehead or Briscoe.

SU did not offer to force UK's hand. UK did not offer just bc we did. They offer the top kids in every class every year.

Why would UK care to offer someone just bc we did? They offered bc he's arguably the best player in the class. This isn't like Rutgers in football offering every kid we do.

I think Briscoe is a Zona lean at this point.

Guard for '15. Recently contacted by staff. Video below.

This kid looks like a stud and has tremendous confidence. A sick handle for a kid his size. They may have all gone in , but I'm not crazy about his jump shot. His legs are all over the place . But if we can get him, sign him up!!

Josh pace was from grorgia

Interview with Malik Newman at the LBJ Skills Academy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom