Marek Dolezaj | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

10 Interesting Facts About Bratislava

2Jul_Bratislava_Facts.jpg

1. Bratislava is the largest and capital city of Slovakia.

2. Bratislava is only an hour away from another capital city, Vienna. The distance between the two capital cities is approximately 50 Km.

3. A famous landmark in Bratislava is the Most Slovenskeho Narodneho Povstania (Most SNP) or the UFO bridge, a bridge over the Danube river.

4. Bratislava has a population around 420,000 people.

5. Bratislava is the only capital city that borders two countries (Austria and Hungary).

6. The lowest elevation point is the Danube River (126 meters).

7. Bratislava has an area of 142 square miles.

8. Before it’s modern name, Bratislava was once referred by its German name, Pressburg.

9. Bratislava is the most visited city in Slovakia, nearly 1 million visitors in 2013.

10. Bratislava has an iconic food called Bratislavsky rozok. It’s a sweet pastry snack that has a crescent shape.

rozky.jpg
With the versatility that Marek brings to the table, no doubt Boeheim will roll out the full court Pressburg (aka Trunk Money) with confidence... see what I did there?! I'm here all week.

My gold standard for European basketball is Detlef Schrempf.

Watching Dolezaj he isn't as big as Schrempf but his game reminds me of Detlef. He passes the ball, rebounds, decent not great shooter.
Drazen for me, but why quibble.

as of now I'll call him morph

Most
Overhyped
Recruit since
Paul
Harris

How dare you. He is 6'9", has guard like handles, ignoring his stats he's amazing from the outside and is Grant like athletic. If he was going to Kentucky he'd be the #1 recruit in the world. Come on man...

Hmmm. Why don't we all wait and see what he looks like when he hits the court in an SU uniform?

I know. That's the point I've been trying to make since he signed. The expectations for this kid are out of control already and it's debatable if he even starts over Brissett.

I know. That's the point I've been trying to make since he signed. The expectations for this kid are out of control already and it's debatable if he even starts over Brissett.
I agree but he does not look like your ordinary recruit. He looks cagey. Court smart and keen awareness. Been playing with and pushed around by grown men in a physical league and succeeding. All star succeeding. He's a curious unknown entity that could be legit. As you say it's yet to be seen but intriguing.

If he is cleared this summer and is ready to go, my expectations are that he brings energy, a decent jumper and contributes in a variety of ways here and there. I haven't seen enough to expect more than that. It's also hard to guage his competition vs. what he will deal with here. I have heard that his jumper is better than his numbers indicate.

He's a total x-factor. He could make a big impact this year. Or he could do so in two years. I am guardedly optimistic that he will be really productive by year two at the very least. The staff loves him so that gives me reason to think he could be impactful right away. But people are underestimating the tough transition he will have culturally. I'm happy he had a great visit and blended right in with his future teammates. That bodes well, even if it was a small sample.

We have a ton of question marks this year. More than I can remember. That could make this team really fun... or really tortuous.

I agree but he does not look like your ordinary recruit. He looks cagey. Court smart and keen awareness. Been playing with and pushed around by grown men in a physical league and succeeding. All star succeeding. He's a curious unknown entity that could be legit. As you say it's yet to be seen but intriguing.

Grown men? Wasn't he in the U18 league?

First good news in awhile combined with him being likely underrated by the US services.

Hmmm. Why don't we all wait and see what he looks like when he hits the court in an SU uniform?

Where's the fun in THAT? ;)

What he looks like? I'll go with: Tall, skinny, baby-faced pasty-white blonde kid. :p
Wearing platinum. Oh Lord

Nobody has hyped him though..
so far in this thread I've read him compared to Toni Kukoc, Andrei Kirilenko and Detlef Schrempf. That's hype

. . . for a kid who shot 40% coming off the bench for a 10-30 squad in a low level league. That's overhype.

Why can't they both start?

Could be. Marek, Matt, and Oshae will battle for the two spots. The one who doesn't start is first off the bench for the forwards, in my opinion. Unless TT plays the 4, and we throw PC in there for the token start, or he's ready to roll. If he isn't, then one of the three comes in, and TT moves to the middle.

To me, we have more options than people think. Just give me my man Geno, and let's get this going. The future is bright. Just hope to be here to see it. We have a good damn team foundation.

Move on to Carey, Swider, etc.

so far in this thread I've read him compared to Toni Kukoc, Andrei Kirilenko and Detlef Schrempf. That's hype

. . . for a kid who shot 40% coming off the bench for a 10-30 squad in a low level league. That's overhype.

50% not 40%.

Low level league Huh? This is craziness..he played in a couple leagues but almost all the tape on this kid is from him playing in a euro mens league with far better competition then high school players. He was one of the younger players in the league.

The kid was rated 4 stars and if he was American would be a top 100 recruit.

He is good. We need a finished product from him to be decent but the talent is legit.

And I'm not really sure anyone on here has over hyped him? Some have said what they hope for stats out of the kid or that he will start or play big minutes but I don't think anyone has said anything that's out of this world.

Let's all go on the record with predictions. Won't that be fun?!

Dolemite: 22mpg. 10.4ppg. 4reb. 1.2 stls. 3 ast.
I think he won't play much more than that only because Oshae will be very good, as well.

50% not 40%.
The games logs say 41.6% (109/262) . . . and 36% against teams with .500 or better records

Low level league Huh?
yes, the SBL is a low-level league in Eurobasket

The kid was rated 4 stars and if he was American would be a top 100 recruit.

He is good. We need a finished product from him to be decent but the talent is legit.
yes . . . and Paul Harris was 5 stars.

shouldn't have to explain this but "overhyped" does not mean "bad"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom