Marrone and JUCO recruits in 2012/13 class | Syracusefan.com

Marrone and JUCO recruits in 2012/13 class

44PRIDE

All Conference
Its clear that DM was looking for a job for quite some time. By his own admission, he'd been reviewing and breaking down game tapes of NFL teams since mid season. He knew this year was going to be his last.

Now DM had always relied on JUCO's during his entire tenure here in Syracuse. However, he leaned quite heavily on JUCO players for this upcoming recruiting class. Many here mentioned how uncomfortable they were with the quantity of JUCO players DM was bringing in...rather than developing 4 year talent.

My question is this:

Did Marrone stock the coffers with JUCO talent knowing that he was going to leave by year end? Bring in as much "field ready" talent as possible to ease the transition for the new coaching staff?

Thoughts?

I posted this question to the ESPN-CNY guys, but never really got a response.

Its clear that DM was looking for a job for quite some time. By his own admission, he'd been reviewing and breaking down game tapes of NFL teams since mid season. He knew this year was going to be his last.

Now DM had always relied on JUCO's during his entire tenure here in Syracuse. However, he leaned quite heavily on JUCO players for this upcoming recruiting class. Many here mentioned how uncomfortable they were with the quantity of JUCO players DM was bringing in...rather than developing 4 year talent.

My question is this:

Did Marrone stock the coffers with JUCO talent knowing that he was going to leave by year end? Bring in as much "field ready" talent as possible to ease the transition for the new coaching staff?

Thoughts?
He was bringing those recruits in for the program, regardless of who was coaching. What if he didn't actually get an NFL job this year - the most likely scenario, if you are being careful about things. And if he didn't get one, he would have to continue to build his resume with the JUCO recruits.

Its clear that DM was looking for a job for quite some time. By his own admission, he'd been reviewing and breaking down game tapes of NFL teams since mid season.

Did he say that? I must have missed it. If true, mid season was probably right after we lost to a bad rutgirls team to go to 2-4. You know the saying, "when the going gets tough...."

My question is this:

Thoughts?

Hard for me to believe the influx of JUCOs didn't have something to do with the move. I mean, either he wanted field ready talent or, and I'd venture a guess to say this is more likely, his attentions were divided he wasn't able to spend as much time as needed to line up the requisite high school talent. I'm not one who's bitter about DM at all, but if you believe the idea that these guys have to work non-stop and never see their families all fall (complete BS in my opinion, but it seems like most coaches believe it), then putting significant effort into studying NFL teams and schemes and game films, had to distract him from at least some other duties.

Just a theory but it makes sense to me.

On the Jim Rome Show Marrone reiterated about 3 times that HE HAS NOT REVIEWED ANY BUFFALO BILL TAPE. He said it would have been an injustice to Syracuse where he was preparing for a bowl game. Went on to say that he thought the Bills mgt respected that. He repeated the same thing during his NFL Live interview. No either DM is a compulsive liar, or the other story is fabrication. I know DM has shown a shady side, but this would be down right blatant story telling at it's best.

My question is this:

Thoughts?
That dick couldn't care less about the next staff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

On the Jim Rome Show Marrone reiterated about 3 times that HE HAS NOT REVIEWED ANY BUFFALO BILL TAPE. He said it would have been an injustice to Syracuse where he was preparing for a bowl game. Went on to say that he thought the Bills mgt respected that. He repeated the same thing during his NFL Live interview. No either DM is a compulsive liar, or the other story is fabrication. I know DM has shown a shady side, but this would be down right blatant story telling at it's best.

He didn't run off kids either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom