Marrone to Jets | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone to Jets

Full_Rebar said:
Funny that all those records set in 2012 and only one player seeing regular playing time in the NFL. So, are we attributing those numbers to the talent or the scheme, or just to the fact that they were G-Rob recruits. Some of the people on this board should get together with Axe and have a weekend retreat where they can share their feelings about Marrone.

The talent of Nassib, Lemon, Sales, and Pugh. The core four. College talent doesn't equal NFL ability.

NYJs are looking for an offensive minded HC as their next coach. Marrone has ties to the owner and is a NYC homeboy. This change was in the making for quite some time once it was clear that the Bills ownership was changing hands otherwise Marrone wouldn't have opted out of contract.

The NYJs owner will make sure that the GM & Marrone are compatible - I also think Drew Brees (free agent right?) makes it to the NYJs as Marrone and Brees are of like mind and good friends (speculation but just my observations when talking to Marrone in the past).

NYJs was always Marrones ultimate Dream Job :D!

think he signed a 5 yr deal in 2012

The talent of Nassib, Lemon, Sales, and Pugh. The core four. College talent doesn't equal NFL ability.
Can add Jerome Smith to make it a core 5 -- he was durable, got some tough yards, rarely fumbled.

jtorange said:
think he signed a 5 yr deal in 2012

You're right. 5 years $100m signed in 2012.

SoBristol said:
Can add Jerome Smith to make it a core 5 -- he was durable, got some tough yards, rarely fumbled.

Huge Jerome fan.

I don't even mean to argue why the 2012 team put up numbers, but I think it had to do with the scheme and the players. I think people want to discount that the team had some very intelligent football players who were able to execute the plan.

Those guys (and Smith/Provo/Tiller) weren't even considered top college talent outside of Pugh.

I didn't say he was a defensive minded coach either. He's had great coordinators there. Good for him. But the body of evidence over a 6 year period doesn't scream great offensive mind either. 6 years, not 6 months.

The OC has always been Marrone so you just complimented Marrone - OMG Bees - you're slipping in your hate of all things Marrone...

Hey Bees rhymes with Brees...

Regarding D Brees - he and Marrone worked tightly together as he was the OL coach & coordinater - they had a great working relationship and both put together one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

The stars are aligned...or has been planned for quite some time...just a process from here on out.

chakka3421 said:
The OC has always been Marrone so you just complimented Marrone - OMG Bees - you're slipping in your hate of all things Marrone... Hey Bees rhymes with Brees... Regarding D Brees - he and Marrone worked tightly together as he was the OL coach & coordinater - they had a great working relationship and both put together one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL. The stars are aligned...or has been planned for quite some time...just a process from here on out.

How did I just compliment Marrone as OC? Reading something that's not there?

Forget about Bree's, he's not a FA.

The OC has always been Marrone so you just complimented Marrone - OMG Bees - you're slipping in your hate of all things Marrone...

Hey Bees rhymes with Brees...

Regarding D Brees - he and Marrone worked tightly together as he was the OL coach & coordinater - they had a great working relationship and both put together one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

The stars are aligned...or has been planned for quite some time...just a process from here on out.

Brees has 2 years left on his deal.

I and/or members of my family know two members of the Board, three athletic administrators (one who is very prominent), a number of SU faculty and several donors. I don't really think it would be reasonable of you to expect me to name names either publicly or privately and in any case you have your own contacts and if you really want to know what people involved with SU thought about Marrone you can discover this for yourself. It is not hard and if you have any one's confidence they may be happy to describe him to you as whiny, spiteful, embarrassingly self-absorbed, and dangerously lacking in an understanding of how to create a consensus of opinion with regard to the football program. Here is the tip of that iceberg:
http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/1...doug-marrone-doing-to-former-syracuse-players

Also, within the past year, I believe, several high school coaches have remarked publicly on the good job that Shafer is doing in repairing some of the damage Marrone did with regard to the program's relationship with HS coaches.

Well that narrows it down.

And it means nothing.

If you can PM me your information, that would be great.

Why would Marrone go from one job where he had no quarterback to another job where he has no quarterback? I liked Marrone but I think the immaturity may be in going after the NYJ HC job because he grew up in NYC rather than going for the best football situation regardless of location.

Why would Marrone go from one job where he had no quarterback to another job where he has no quarterback? I liked Marrone but I think the immaturity may be in going after the NYJ HC job because he grew up in NYC rather than going for the best football situation regardless of location.
Atlanta, Oakland best for him

Atlanta, Oakland best for him

Atlanta may be good because it has the best ownership situation and a good QB. Marrone could really help that D. Oakland and the Jets traditionally have terrible ownership and the Bills situation is the devil you don't know as of now. Totally agree on Atlanta.

I'm surprised that some of the people eager to get Shafer out as head coach aren't lobbying for Marrone to return to SU. Call it Dream Job Part Deux.

I'm surprised that some of the people eager to get Shafer out as head coach aren't lobbying for Marrone to return to SU. Call it Dream Job Part Deux.
Deux, Trois, whatever it takes.

Meant to ask you, what brought you to the Fiesta Bowl? Visiting family and/or friends?

Happy New Year buddy.

We come out every year.

It all started with the 1993 Fiesta Bowl.

Lots of fun.

Happy New Year to you and the family!

I and/or members of my family know two members of the Board, three athletic administrators (one who is very prominent), a number of SU faculty and several donors. I don't really think it would be reasonable of you to expect me to name names either publicly or privately and in any case you have your own contacts and if you really want to know what people involved with SU thought about Marrone you can discover this for yourself. It is not hard and if you have any one's confidence they may be happy to describe him to you as whiny, spiteful, embarrassingly self-absorbed, and dangerously lacking in an understanding of how to create a consensus of opinion with regard to the football program. Here is the tip of that iceberg:
http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/1...doug-marrone-doing-to-former-syracuse-players

Also, within the past year, I believe, several high school coaches have remarked publicly on the good job that Shafer is doing in repairing some of the damage Marrone did with regard to the program's relationship with HS coaches.

Many of us on this board actually are donors and socialize/work with administrators - and know board members quite well.

What you have conveyed is pretty much psycho babble, gossip.

And it doesn't scratch the surface of Doug's SU experience.

Scott Shafer is a great guy as was Greg Robinson while he was here. And unfortunately being a friendly, accommodating open-door HC does not always translate into successful program building.

Hopefully it will with Scott. But this past year was certainly not a better alternative to the supposed horribles of Doug Marrone.

If Marrone reuniting with Brees is the plan, why not do it in Buffalo with a great defense already in place?

Answer: Pagula's feel the need to put "their stamp" on the organization and turnover the HC, staff, and possibly GM. Vanity knows no bounds.

rhcuse said:
If Marrone reuniting with Brees is the plan, why not do it in Buffalo with a great defense already in place? Answer: Pagula's feel the need to put "their stamp" on the organization and turnover the HC, staff, and possibly GM. Vanity knows no bounds.

Bree's is locked in till 2017. Not a FA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom