Marrone | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Marrone

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/marrone-jets-interview-not-source-article-1.2066844

Slow down on Doug to the Jets. The interview went poorly according to reports.

Doug Marrone had himself a rough day Monday, and the tide may be turning against him in the Jets’ coaching search.

Not only was the former Bills coach ripped by one of his old assistants at Syracuse, but CBS reported Monday that Marrone’s interview with the Jets on Saturday did not go well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-je...-on-jets-coaching-search-bowles-reich-on-deck

"2. Marrone -- He spent Monday interviewing with the Falcons. His interview with the Jets was said to be excellent. He was the Jets' offensive-line coach from 2002 to 2005."

honestly, who the hell cares where Marrone goes? Guy is gone. He shunned the Cuse and the Bills. He is not liked in many professional circles, for very good reason. And most importantly, he has nothing to do with SU anymore. The fact this slug has gotten 1000 post thread is comical. This board is better than that.

honestly, who the hell cares where Marrone goes? Guy is gone. He shunned the Cuse and the Bills. He is not liked in many professional circles, for very good reason. And most importantly, he has nothing to do with SU anymore. The fact this slug has gotten 1000 post thread is comical. This board is better than that.
This is comical coming from the guy who publicly and enthusiastically disembowels a certain SU shooting guard. Oh...the irony.

honestly, who the hell cares where Marrone goes? Guy is gone. He shunned the Cuse and the Bills. He is not liked in many professional circles, for very good reason.
If being interviewed by multiple NFL teams to potentially coach their team = "not liked" then I agree.

If being interviewed by multiple NFL teams to potentially coach their team = "not liked" then I agree.

watch and see where he ends up... then come back and apologize.

watch and see where he ends up... then come back and apologize.
Worst case is he ends up at home with $4M. I will apologize ahead of time for that.

This is comical coming from the guy who publicly and enthusiastically disembowels a certain SU shooting guard. Oh...the irony.

i criticize those who deserve it and praise those do deserve it. thats called life. This isnt Romper Room. LMAO. Good lord...

fyi... people other than mods on this site have inside knowledge at times too. some people are very close to the Marrone situation(s) and wouldnt be caught dead in the same room as that low life. People here only praise him because he got us to .500. who the hell cares. anyone would have done better than GRob. Low expectations here i guess.

And if he gets an NFL job, how long will it take you to apologize here?

5 seconds. but that doesnt prove anything. If he goes to the Jets or Raiders, collects another check then bounces again... i guess u think thats great. I dont know you, but to think someone conducting life in that manner is proper, scares me. I hope for your sake you arent like Marrone. I doubt you are. Hes one of a kind.

I watch the game ,they could not stuff Murray and the mismatch at corner cost them the game on 3rd and 20 in the 4th. In their last 3 home games they beat the Chiefs , the 49ers and the Bills.
the bills gave up 347 yards. one of their worst performances on defense but come on already

the bills ran for 13 yards

we all know why you want to pin this one on the defense

5 seconds. but that doesnt prove anything. If he goes to the Jets or Raiders, collects another check then bounces again... i guess u think thats great. I dont know you, but to think someone conducting life in that manner is proper, scares me. I hope for your sake you arent like Marrone. I doubt you are. Hes one of a kind.
Well, it proves something. It proves some think he is a good coach unless you think they purposely hire someone they think is not a good coach. It does not prove he is a good coach or a good person but on the latter, I think he is probably somewhere in the middle. Maybe the Rob Long clip shows he also has a compassionate and loyal side.

So who will be the first to post the NY Daily News article on how Marrone didn't do well?
I already did earlier this morning...lol

i criticize those who deserve it and praise those do deserve it. thats called life. This isnt Romper Room. LMAO. Good lord...

fyi... people other than mods on this site have inside knowledge at times too. some people are very close to the Marrone situation(s) and wouldnt be caught dead in the same room as that low life. People here only praise him because he got us to .500. who the hell cares. anyone would have done better than GRob. Low expectations here i guess.

So in otherwords you can be a total regarding people you believe "deserve" it.

But Marrone is a low life because entrenched management at highly dysfunctional and poorly performing organizations thought he was a pain in the ass because he wanted to change those organizations and wanted resources and authority to do his job.

Did he have little patience for media that he didn't believe, and in reality actually didn't, treat him fairly, absolutely. Guess what, too bad. Bunch of radio geeks and newspaper types who like to dish it out but can't take it.

People act like SU and Buffalo were places where there was a toaster fire and needed a little clean up, while they were closer to superfund toxic waste sites. He was brought in to kick asses and get it turned around and then people are upset when he was doing his job.

marrone just coached his last game as a 'hired' HC.

he may get a chance to coach again as an interm coach, but hes done as an HC.

mark it down.

But Marrone is a low life because entrenched management at highly dysfunctional and poorly performing organizations thought he was a pain in the ass because he wanted to change those organizations and wanted resources and authority to do his job.

Did he have little patience for media that he didn't believe, and in reality actually didn't, treat him fairly, absolutely. Guess what, too bad. Bunch of radio geeks and newspaper types who like to dish it out but can't take it.

People act like SU and Buffalo were places where there was a toaster fire and needed a little clean up, while they were closer to superfund toxic waste sites. He was brought in to kick asses and get it turned around and then people are upset when he was doing his job.

they might've thought he was a p.i.t.a. for reasons other than him wanting "to change those organizations and wanted resources and authority to do his job."

someone who might just want him to coach their football team might be having second thoughts about a guy who had so much to say about the people that paid him a lot of money.

"this place is a superfund toxic waste site and i'm going to kick ass, get it turned around and i don't care if you get upset"

".....OOOOOOkay, do you have any questions for me? OOooookay, we'll be in touch"

Bob Casullo? No axe to grind there.

Fired, for very good and well justified reasons, in the lockerroom. Hasn't worked since.
yes, true. By CHOICE. Wants to help his son. End of story. Period. Could've entered back in the ranks if desired. He was done.

marrone just coached his last game as an 'hired' HC.

he may get a chance to again as an interm coach, but hes done as an HC.

mark it down.
there is a little part of me that wants schwartz to be head coach with hackett as his offensive coordinator to see how hackett does without marrone around

fred jackson going to bat for hackett saying he was held back might make it easier for most bills fans to swallow - they don't know much about hackett, they just know the offense sucked but everyone loves jackson and will listen

Last edited:
marrone just coached his last game as a 'hired' HC.

he may get a chance to coach again as an interm coach, but hes done as an HC.

mark it down.
he's mularkey with a bigger mouth. and a much bigger vagomach

they might've thought he was a p.i.t.a. for reasons other than him wanting "to change those organizations and wanted resources and authority to do his job."

someone who might just want him to coach their football team might be having second thoughts about a guy who had so much to say about the people that paid him a lot of money.

"this place is a superfund toxic waste site and i'm going to kick ass, get it turned around and i don't care if you get upset"

"...OOOOOOkay, do you have any questions for me? OOooookay, we'll be in touch"

So far the only thing that is close to on the record is that he told Polian Buffalo front office types were bad mouthing him. The same people who have been integral to the exemplary level of performance of the Buffalo Bills for the last 15 years.

So you have those guys, Buffalo radio punt obsessed geeks, TDG and his strap hangers, a coach that public abused a player on the sideline, and a Jets beat hack who is generally regarded as by far the worst and least credible guy covering the Jets.

So far the only thing that is close to on the record is that he told Polian Buffalo front office types were bad mouthing him. The same people who have been integral to the exemplary level of performance of the Buffalo Bills for the last 15 years.

So you have those guys, Buffalo radio punt obsessed geeks, TDG and his strap hangers, a coach that public abused a player on the sideline, and a Jets beat hack who is generally regarded as by far the worst and least credible guy covering the Jets.
you act like i want brandon and whaley around

they'll be gone too. marrone blowtorching everything might buy them some time with pegula

Nothing says ass-kicker like hurt feelings over the mean small-market media, expecting a statue built for you after win #8 and splitting at the soonest opportunity.

Maybe the Bills would have been more willing to take his narcissism if he was better at his job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom