Mary Kline Highlights | Syracusefan.com

Mary Kline Highlights

Another highlight mixtape with Buss, Beast, BJ, and Whitehead getting busy.
Insane!
<Drool>Buss dunk in the beginning</Drool> I felt that drool tags were in order.
Tyler around 1:04 frikkin NASTY putback jam on the offensive glass. Athleticism reminiscent of Hak.
BJ around 1:33, some amazing showtime handle in both plays. Wow!
Left handed dribble around the back and the next play, shields his body very well and converts on the tough finish.

Any doubters left? Shouldn't be. Who's worried about next year now? ;)

First glance, beautiful bank shot by BJ at 1:23.....
One thing he can do is finger roll! 1:27 ish...
2:35 and on, it's Tyler Time. Replay of that nasty dunk putback. BEASTLY
2:41 great faceup, outside shot with defender in his grill. POW!
Then he posts up, baseline shot, great success.

Are we still worrying about our offense when these are our youngsters coming in?
Come on, peoples...get on board.

Watch these clips and learn! Truth.

Still, respect to SJU and Providence in landing Rysheed and Brandon Austin, respectively. Dudes can flat out ball. But still, I like us just fine thank you. ;)

Kuran Iverson looks like he can be as good as he wants to be. He looks a legit 6-9ish as well with a sick handle for that size.

BJ looks to be doing a lot of driving the ball these days even some misses in there that were throw down follow ups for other guys. He's going to be a star at SU and then have a very successful NBA career IMO.

Tyler looks explosive, loved that baseline turnaround post up from about 10' made it look easy like he could do it all day long but it was all sorts of difficult.

Kuran Iverson looks like he can be as good as he wants to be. He looks a legit 6-9ish as well with a sick handle for that size.

BJ looks to be doing a lot of driving the ball these days even some misses in there that were throw down follow ups for other guys. He's going to be a star at SU and then have a very successful NBA career IMO.

Tyler looks explosive, loved that baseline turnaround post up from about 10' made it look easy like he could do it all day long but it was all sorts of difficult.

BJ is only 17 too. I have a feeling he will just keep getting better. Especially as he gets stronger and fills out.

First glance, beautiful bank shot by BJ at 1:23.....
One thing he can do is finger roll! 1:27 ish...
2:35 and on, it's Tyler Time. Replay of that nasty dunk putback. BEASTLY
2:41 great faceup, outside shot with defender in his grill. POW!
Then he posts up, baseline shot, great success.

Are we still worrying about our offense when these are our youngsters coming in?
Come on, peoples...get on board.

Watch these clips and learn! Truth.

Still, respect to SJU and Providence in landing Rysheed and Brandon Austin, respectively. Dudes can flat out ball. But still, I like us just fine thank you. ;)

To be honest I would trade Ron Patterson for either Rysheed or Austin in a heartbeat! Lack of guard depth prevented of from winning a NC this year and I am not sure the problem is solved.

I think that inability to score (missed open shots/creating of the dribble) the ball kept us from winning or getting to the NC and not necessarily guard depth in the Michigan game. There were only 3 offensive threats on the team after JS was suspended and that hurt the process. By the time he got back in the flow they did not put him back on the floor at the 2 spot as they did before the suspension. That created some rest for BT and MCW. I believe that this years team provide you with a group of 2-3's in BJ, MG that can handle the ball to take the pressure off of TE and back ups in TC, RP. Another plus is the development of CJ's ability to handle the rock as well. You may see a lot of pt. forward ball handling from this years team to assist with running offense. What you think?

I think that inability to score (missed open shots/creating of the dribble) the ball kept us from winning or getting to the NC and not necessarily guard depth in the Michigan game. There were only 3 offensive threats on the team after JS was suspended and that hurt the process. By the time he got back in the flow they did not put him back on the floor at the 2 spot as they did before the suspension. That created some rest for BT and MCW. I believe that this years team provide you with a group of 2-3's in BJ, MG that can handle the ball to take the pressure off of TE and back ups in TC, RP. Another plus is the development of CJ's ability to handle the rock as well. You may see a lot of pt. forward ball handling from this years team to assist with running offense. What you think?

I hope you are right, but my concern is ball pressure by small quick guards who can get under our taller guards. It's a very pro model that we are moving to with success by the way, but in college basketball where hand checking and physical play on the perimeter is still allowed I'm concerned about TOs under a Louisville style pressure.

My guess is when Ennis goes to the bench we will have a line up of Mike G, BJ, CJ, Grant, and one of the bigs. That way we have 4 guys who can handle the ball against the press and pass over top, but we better look to score quick because I don't want to have to run a bunch of sets without our PG.

As for last year without guard depth MCW and B Triche couldn't have a bad day because we had to depth behind them, the year before last if Scoop or Triche struggled Dion came in to save the day.

I hope you are right, but my concern is ball pressure by small quick guards who can get under our taller guards. It's a very pro model that we are moving to with success by the way, but in college basketball where hand checking and physical play on the perimeter is still allowed I'm concerned about TOs under a Louisville style pressure.

My guess is when Ennis goes to the bench we will have a line up of Mike G, BJ, CJ, Grant, and one of the bigs. That way we have 4 guys who can handle the ball against the press and pass over top, but we better look to score quick because I don't want to have to run a bunch of sets without our PG.

As for last year without guard depth MCW and B Triche couldn't have a bad day because we had to depth behind them, the year before last if Scoop or Triche struggled Dion came in to save the day.
I could see it being a problem with the little guys trying those tactics but hopefully our guys will continue to work on ball skills to protect the ball while attacking and putting pressure on them. The more capable ball handlers on the floor creates an issue for opposing teams. At least three would be nice and four would be great depending on the circumstances. As for last year, We needed a guard, forward or anyone to score the ball at crucial times to create some Mo and stop Michigan Mo. The life of a tournament game a run here or there can make or break the games outcome.

From what I am told is that they hope to be able to score off of the bounce more this season with the 2 and 3 position players. That was something that was lacking last year. There was no Kris J to handle the rock off the bounce. I think BJ, MG, RP and an improved CJ off the bounce can provide depth along with enough offensive firepower at those slots. CJ is going to be able to carry the load in the front court with the others supporting him. I would also include TC from the 2position and as a back up at the 1 in spots during the game. Going to be intriguing as to how this plays out.

From what I am told is that they hope to be able to score off of the bounce more this season with the 2 and 3 position players. That was something that was lacking last year. There was no Kris J to handle the rock off the bounce. I think BJ, MG, RP and an improved CJ off the bounce can provide depth along with enough offensive firepower at those slots. CJ is going to be able to carry the load in the front court with the others supporting him. I would also include TC from the 2position and as a back up at the 1 in spots during the game. Going to be intriguing as to how this plays out.

Attacking off the dribble more will be great because our bigs should be able to clean the offensive glass, but to do this we need shooters to create space. If Cooney can play some PG that would be huge for us, but the leap he has to take to get there is larger than I have ever seen a player make in one year. I am very high on 8 players going into next Mike G, Ennis, CJ, BJ, Rak, TR, Grant, and Baye. I am taking a wait and see attitude with Cooney, Patterson, and DC2 (I expect Chino to RS) That is better than most years! Let's go Orange!

Attacking off the dribble more will be great because our bigs should be able to clean the offensive glass, but to do this we need shooters to create space. If Cooney can play some PG that would be huge for us, but the leap he has to take to get there is larger than I have ever seen a player make in one year. I am very high on 8 players going into next Mike G, Ennis, CJ, BJ, Rak, TR, Grant, and Baye. I am taking a wait and see attitude with Cooney, Patterson, and DC2 (I expect Chino to RS) That is better than most years! Let's go Orange!
I think these guys are going to be good because they will be able to push each other in practice making them more competitive then going against a lot of walk-ons. The one thing about being able to put pressure on the defense is that you create advantages and options to score the ball because guys will have to be accounted for. That will cause the D to have to either help or let the defender handle the offensive player one on one. Guys hanging around the basket for loose change and easy buckets from bigs and open jump shots from the wings as result of the offenses ability to score the ball or create for others.

I would also include TC from the 2position and as a back up at the 1 in spots during the game. Going to be intriguing as to how this plays out.

I am right there with you at trying Cooney at the one for many reasons.

If they all can get by their man one on one, I look forward to seeing the nightmare of BJ, Gbinije, Fair and Ennis on the floor together.

I think these guys are going to be good because they will be able to push each other in practice making them more competitive then going against a lot of walk-ons. The one thing about being able to put pressure on the defense is that you create advantages and options to score the ball because guys will have to be accounted for. That will cause the D to have to either help or let the defender handle the offensive player one on one. Guys hanging around the basket for loose change and easy buckets from bigs and open jump shots from the wings as result of the offenses ability to score the ball or create for others.

Completely agree! The only reason I am harping on the back up PG spot is because it's my only concern.

I trust that Coach and his assistants will be able to push this team and pull everything together for a great season and more to come.SUball

I do too, but I have a 2003 banner hanging on my wall and it is getting pretty lonely! Elite 8 in 2012, final 4 this year, there is only one direction to go from here!

I do too, but I have a 2003 banner hanging on my wall and it is getting pretty lonely! Elite 8 in 2012, final 4 this year, there is only one direction to go from here!
Two... finals then ship in 15

Completely agree! The only reason I am harping on the back up PG spot is because it's my only concern.
I have to admit. I am concerned at the lack of depth at ball handling guards especially that we are putting a fairly large amount of pressure on a 1st year player.

Still, Ennis is one of 3 or 4 guys in this class that could have pulled this off, maybe throwing in Williams-Goss, Andrew Harrison and possibly Kasey Hill. Only these four guys could even be considered to have the maturity to lead an offense playing to such a high standard of competition.

Yet again, we find some serious questions that need to be answered. But I really think that the staff knows something we don't. I am only guessing that they saw something in Gbinije that haven't yet seen that makes them confident that he can handle the ball enough to eat up minutes at PG or even enough that if something happened, he or someone else could fill that spot.

We're talking about a hall of fame coach and top tiered program that competes year after year for a national title. They must have considered this and either MikeG or another have enough to handle speedy little guards that know how to pressure the ball.

I have to admit. I am concerned at the lack of depth at ball handling guards especially that we are putting a fairly large amount of pressure on a 1st year player.

Still, Ennis is one of 3 or 4 guys in this class that could have pulled this off, maybe throwing in Williams-Goss, Andrew Harrison and possibly Kasey Hill. Only these four guys could even be considered to have the maturity to lead an offense playing to such a high standard of competition.

Yet again, we find some serious questions that need to be answered. But I really think that the staff knows something we don't. I am only guessing that they saw something in Gbinije that haven't yet seen that makes them confident that he can handle the ball enough to eat up minutes at PG or even enough that if something happened, he or someone else could fill that spot.

We're talking about a hall of fame coach and top tiered program that competes year after year for a national title. They must have considered this and either MikeG or another have enough to handle speedy little guards that know how to pressure the ball.

I think the fact that we were looking to bring in Antonio Barton means the staff shares my concern, but hopefully someone will step up.

I think the fact that we were looking to bring in Antonio Barton means the staff shares my concern, but hopefully someone will step up.
Ah, you might be right. But I really hope that Ennis takes the reigns, facilitates, and gets a ton of minutes and knows what to do with those minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom