Maryland game | Syracusefan.com

Maryland game

Orangeman83

Walk On
Maybe a little early for this, but what do we expect attendance wise for Maryland? First 2-0 start in 23 years. Big time program coming to the dome (that we beat last year). I'm hoping for more than what we had for Villanova but that might be reaching. What do you expect?

42K. Give every little kid with a free ticket a vuvuzuella. Edsall's head will explode...
Can't wait to see Edsall throw his team under the bus again when we beat them again.

I'm expecting, and the team deserves a monster crowd. That being said, please please PLEASE don't lay an egg. 3 bowl wins in 4 years, a 2-0 start, clear improvement in talent, a member of the ACC, but the program needs to step it up and not **** the bed when they have opportunities to bring fans back to the Dome for football.

I'm expecting, and the team deserves a monster crowd. That being said, please please PLEASE don't lay an egg. 3 bowl wins in 4 years, a 2-0 start, clear improvement in talent, a member of the ACC, but the program needs to step it up and not **** the bed when they have opportunities to bring fans back to the Dome for football.
Always with the bad vibes Moriarity .

Always with the bad vibes Moriarity .
Bad vibes? I've probably been one of the more positive people on this board after the game yesterday. The fact is, it's time for the team to step up, at home, in a big spot if they want to get the Dome to be the place we all know it can be.

And I don't know what a Moriarity is.

Bad vibes? I've probably been one of the more positive people on this board after the game yesterday. The fact is, it's time for the team to step up, at home, in a big spot if they want to get the Dome to be the place we all know it can be.

And I don't know what a Moriarity is.
Kelly's heros.Good movie.Check it out sometime.

Its a quote from the movie "Kelly's Heros". Donald Southerland would say it to one of the guys in his tank crew who was always worrying. Great movie btw.

It's been a year or so since I watched it, gotta put that on the viewing table. That said, to the OP, Toga took the best line so I'm going with 45K+.

It's been a year or so since I watched it, gotta put that on the viewing table. That said, to the OP, Toga took the best line so I'm going with 45K+.
Another excellent post.

SU's giving away a lot of freebies again, which leads me to believe that they're not expecting much of a crowd. Maybe this "Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day" will unload a bunch of $5 seats and pad the numbers.

I think the opening night performance hurt the prospect of a good crowd on Saturday and, as always, the nooner is crushing. Probably a few thousand more empty seats than we had for Villanova, with the announced figure just above 40,000.

Agree that it's very important to play well and win. This sets the table for the two big home games; the team needs to build a buzz to encourage people to buy tickets.

It's crazy that Maryland fans are bashing CJ Brown. Guy runs for 161yds and throws for 241 and they're really laying it on him.

Maybe a little early for this, but what do we expect attendance wise for Maryland? First 2-0 start in 23 years. Big time program coming to the dome (that we beat last year). I'm hoping for more than what we had for Villanova but that might be reaching. What do you expect?
The "KIDS FREE" promotion will help but attendance won't be good. Late September, decent weather, and lots of family's will be at Saturday Morning soccer games and such with their kids. 12:30 start is tough in September for family's (hence the KIDS FREE promotion)

The announced attendance will be decent, the actual bodies in seats will be lackluster

there are lots of tickets still available compared to Louisville and FSU

It's crazy that Maryland fans are bashing CJ Brown. Guy runs for 161yds and throws for 241 and they're really laying it on him.

Those are not Big 10 numbers. More of the lines of running for -20 yards and throwing for 150...they really want to fit in.

Double post...GO SU and beat those Terps!

We started 2-0 in 2011 after beating Wake and Rhode Island then lost 3rd game at Southern Cal. I think you were referring to 1991 as the year we started 3-0.

This is going to be a tough game. Big Ten refs , Edsall seeking revenge. Got to get them early and get the crowd jacked up. Take the ball first , Erv takes it to the house and Randi knows it's on.

What are we at now?

Rly Rutgers had an awesome crowd last night.

Show up. Come on...

After dominating Maryland last year, they think it should be an easy win. Hate seeing SU's reputation dragged through the mud by opponent schools. Just disregarding reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom