Maryland Prediction Thread... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland Prediction Thread...

maryland 28
syracuse 21 i will be at the game, hoping i am wrong

Cuse-24
Terps - 28 smh
I will be there, hope I’m wrong but I don’t like this game at all.

Fruit - 24
Reptiles - 21

Syracuse 31
Md. 16
People way to impressed with running up score on Howard.
Eh, I cant speak for everyone but my concern when it comes to this game is strictly bc of what I saw from us on Saturday.. Kent State put up 50+ on Howard last season, at this point I'm convinced the cicero falcons could give them a ball game.. so 79-0 means next to nothing to me. If Tommy has a good day and gets in rhythm, I think we win, and if he doesn't I think it'll be a struggle. Say what you want about Locksley, but Maryland has talent.

Eh, I cant speak for everyone but my concern when it comes to this game is strictly bc of what I saw from us on Saturday.. Kent State put up 50+ on Howard last season, at this point I'm convinced the cicero falcons could give them a ball game.. so 79-0 means next to nothing to me. If Tommy has a good day and gets in rhythm, I think we win, and if he doesn't I think it'll be a struggle. Say what you want about Locksley, but Maryland has talent.

I don't think that anybody disagrees with that.

I don't think that anybody disagrees with that.

I’m less excited about the 79 points as anyone could do that against Howard. More excited our D looked fast and athletic, holding them to 68 total yards. My prediction:

31-21 Terp homer

I’m less excited about the 79 points as anyone could do that against Howard. More excited our D looked fast and athletic, holding them to 68 total yards. My prediction:

31-21 Terp homer
How solid is your O line? I saw that you have 2 young tackles starting, how confident are you about that group with our defensive front coming in on Saturday?

How solid is your O line? I saw that you have 2 young tackles starting, how confident are you about that group with our defensive front coming in on Saturday?

I’m a homer but a realist. You have to give Syracuse to edge here. Not because we lack talent, but experience.

LT - Duncan starting his 2nd college game. Big kid, rated as 93 composite and #11 tackle. Just needs experience. Edge Syracuse
RT - Minor true sophomore. Rated 91 composite. Started against Texas last year but hurt mid year. Solid. I’ll say net net as Minor is technically sound.
RG - Davis. Composite rating 96. Senior with lots of talent and experience. Big kid and pro future. Sometimes does not play to potential.
LG - Christie. 2 star recruit. 5th year senior, started 25+ games. Sound but not spectacular.
C - sophomore. Ranked #10 center. Solid.

4 of these 5 have potential to play on Sunday. Durkin recruited very well. All that said, we have a ways to go as many of them starting for the first time this year.

To offset, Locks will play a lot of two TE sets, both Mabry and Chiq are big fast TE’s, would not surprise me to see some help given.

I would still give Syracuse the edge advantage until otherwise proven.

I’m a homer but a realist. You have to give Syracuse to edge here. Not because we lack talent, but experience.

LT - Duncan starting his 2nd college game. Big kid, rated as 93 composite and #11 tackle. Just needs experience. Edge Syracuse
RT - Minor true sophomore. Rated 91 composite. Started against Texas last year but hurt mid year. Solid. I’ll say net net as Minor is technically sound.
RG - Davis. Composite rating 96. Senior with lots of talent and experience. Big kid and pro future. Sometimes does not play to potential.
LG - Christie. 2 star recruit. 5th year senior, started 25+ games. Sound but not spectacular.
C - sophomore. Ranked #10 center. Solid.

4 of these 5 have potential to play on Sunday. Durkin recruited very well. All that said, we have a ways to go as many of them starting for the first time this year.

To offset, Locks will play a lot of two TE sets, both Mabry and Chiq are big fast TE’s, would not surprise me to see some help given.

I would still give Syracuse the edge advantage until otherwise proven.

I've noticed that Terp fans really like to use recruiting rankings in their arguments. You can have your 4 star OL, I'll take my 83 rated DE, with offers from Ball State, Miami OH and WMU.

Oh, and my 85 rated freshman all-american safety, I'll take him too.

on their 2 4 7 board, posters are using recruiting rankings to justify that their roster is heads and shoulders above ours. When they posted the ratings list for our "roster" it didn't even include 14 of our starters

I've noticed that Terp fans really like to use recruiting rankings in their arguments. You can have your 4 star OL, I'll take my 83 rated DE, with offers from Ball State, Miami OH and WMU.

on their 2 4 7 board, posters are using recruiting rankings to justify that their roster is heads and shoulders above ours. When they posted the ratings list for our "roster" it didn't even include 14 of our starters

Their entire SB nation is filled with comments on their recruiting rankings and their number. Though, for them Locks has only been able to win with Bama level recruits, so I can kind of see the obsession.

Yeah, Edsall use to tell us the same ol storyline. "No fear boys, we can win with lesser talent all day every day. I'm here to build a few good men". In my book, you have a QB like Dungey and I agree with you. A lesser QB who can't move the chains, improvise with his feet and score lots of points does a D no help. Both teams are in wait and see mode but I'm still weary of Liberty having 18 first downs and gaining 250+ through the air. 10-10 game at halftime if they simply executed. Your DE's are fantastic as is your safety and yes, you can always find an 83 who plays above his recruiting. Joe Velano for Maryland was a similar DT who went pro. I do venture to guess that the more 90+ players you have the more chances of being wrong are lessoned.

By the way, most 247 posters are homers anyways...lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom