Mason Plumlee will be the worst player to make Team USA since... | Syracusefan.com

Mason Plumlee will be the worst player to make Team USA since...

The Governor

Scout Team
Christian Laettner! According to Brian Windhurst the middle Plumlee in age and talent will make the 12 man Team USA roster.

of all the exDukeees K could throw a bone to, why that stiff?

If he makes it this year, no big deal. It does not mean he will make it in 2016 when it counts. No way he makes it in 2016.

Someone has to be the 12th man and like the article says, Plumlee's not going to whine about minutes or touches. He'll go out and rebound and set picks and won't cause any headaches for the staff. After the Marbury led team in Athens, Colangelo has no time for the head cases wearing the USA uniform.

The fact that Plumlee is the lone alternative to Cousins illustrates the lack of US born big man depth now. How sad.

Christian Laettner! According to Brian Windhurst the middle Plumlee in age and talent will make the 12 man Team USA roster.
Not that it really matters, but most consider the middle Plumlee to be the most talented, including his own family.

Plumlee actually had a great season for the Nets this past year. Of course not at talented as Cousins...not many players are, but he hustles like crazy and makes very athletic plays around the rim.

I have 0 issues.

https://kentucky.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=202814209&mid=202814209&sid=888&style=2

A nuanced take from Big Blue Nation

In summary:

DurrDurrdurrdurrdurrdurrdurrrdurrdurr

The fact that Plumlee is the lone alternative to Cousins illustrates the lack of US born big man depth now. How sad.
In defense, most of our big time, big men pulled out. If everyone who should be playing was playing we'd be looking at a big man rotation of:

Dwight Howard
Anthony Davis
Blake Griffin
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Love

I should probably know this, but can Noah play for team USA?

I should probably know this, but can Noah play for team USA?

I think he could have, but chose the French National Team a while back. Not sure if he can switch back, but I doubt it (not 100% sure, though).

In defense, most of our big time, big men pulled out. If everyone who should be playing was playing we'd be looking at a big man rotation of:

Dwight Howard
Anthony Davis
Blake Griffin
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Love
I suppose there's a good chance we'll some of those names in 2016.

Plumlee actually had a great season for the Nets this past year. Of course not at talented as Cousins...not many players are, but he hustles like crazy and makes very athletic plays around the rim.

I have 0 issues.
He averaged 7 and 4.

Terrible decision. I don't care if they don't want Cousins (even though they need him to bang), but Plumlee is a joke. He was maybe the third best rookie in one of the worst rookie classes of all time. We need to get our bigs legit experience. Spain is going to pound us.

We don't have the luxury of having anyone on this team that just takes up bench space.

Thankfully we have Ant Davis.

I have 0 issues.

I agree - I don't think you need a roster of 12 elite scorers. Plumlee can be that Buck Willams/Otis Thorpe type-guy who does all the dirty work and lets the stars be stars.

I agree - I don't think you need a roster of 12 elite scorers. Plumlee can be that Buck Willams/Otis Thorpe type-guy who does all the dirty work and lets the stars be stars.
The point is there are a dozen guys that can do that much better than Plumlee. Kenneth Faried for example.

I have to admit I was surprised with his play in the scrimmage last night. Looked like he belonged out there and was very active :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom