Matthew Moyer, already my new favorite player | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer, already my new favorite player

Nice article...kid might be a 4 year player

Carmelo lite. Really like his game. Perimeter game isn't quite at Carmelo's level, but he has nice footwork inside and has a knack for finishing around the basket. Not sure about 4 years, but that sure would be nice.

Carmelo lite. Really like his game. Perimeter game isn't quite at Carmelo's level, but he has nice footwork inside and has a knack for finishing around the basket. Not sure about 4 years, but that sure would be nice.

I hope for 2. I want the kid to cash some fat NBA checks.

ashokan farewell best known from the ken burns series civil war---some good music in that series one of my favorites was lorena.

I just hope his basketball game is more like heavy metal music. But playing the violin will balance him during his off time from beast mode.

I met two brothers who are a current and former South Kent hockey player recently (I'm friends with their aunt and uncle). The current player had nice things to say about him. I was waiting for something bad to come out but there was nothing like that.

I met two brothers who are a current and former South Kent hockey player recently (I'm friends with their aunt and uncle). The current player had nice things to say about him. I was waiting for something bad to come out but there was nothing like that.

He seems like a really great kid. I love it when we get good players who also have very good character.

Ken Burns would be proud of that one. BTW does anyone know whether Matt would have gotten a music schollie if he didn't get the obvious basketball schollie. What will be his course of study? Seems like a super nice kid.

I would let the kid speak for SU now. He will be a GREAT ambassador. If his career is a success, he will be among the most beloved Cuse players of all time. Gerry like in admiration is my thoughts, which would be unbelievable considering he won't have Scranton busing up every time ND comes to town.

ashokan farewell best known from the ken burns series civil war---some good music in that series one of my favorites was lorena.

As an amateur violinist and history buff I LOVE the Civil War series. The DO article erroneously states that Ashokan Farewell is "a song from the Civil War era". It was actually composed in 1982.

That was a very well written article. Top shelf stuff. Moyer sounds like an amazing kid, I have been super impressed with how he conducts himself in interviews. He sure seems like the real deal. I'm sure the NCAA is salivating at the prospect of being able to take a nice bite out of his future if they can find the opportunity.

He is a better finisher than Melo was at this stage. Melo had the better perimeter.

As an amateur violinist and history buff I LOVE the Civil War series. The DO article erroneously states that Ashokan Farewell is "a song from the Civil War era". It was actually composed in 1982.
It was written about Woodstock NY.