Maybe all this team needs Is a Wes Johnson type player | Syracusefan.com

Maybe all this team needs Is a Wes Johnson type player

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
Assuming DC stays healthy all year. I think we all know we what we got, and I know I'm pretty confident in those core guys and 2 of the frosh. So, it all comes down to Roberson. Could he surprise and be that breakout player ? Or have I had too much to drink ?

all I need is a Wes Johnson type player

that's all I need. Wes Johnson...and a Center

Wes Johnson, a Center and a back up pure PG...thats all I need

jerk.jpg

all I need is a Wes Johnson type player

that's all I need. Wes Johnson...and a Center

Wes Johnson, a Center and a back up pure PG...thats all I need

jerk.jpg

Shark, you are so funny!

team needs to figure out if malachi or joseph is gonna put up 12 plus

We need a center more than a Wes Johnson type player.
Well, I think it's at least conceivable that DC is an Onuaku type player this year for us (provided he stays healthy, obviously) - and I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think G can be a Wes type player this year (or at least have the same impact Wes had)... I actually see this team being somewhat similar to the 09-10 team, obviously need to see them play some real teams, though

Assuming DC stays healthy all year. I think we all know we what we got, and I know I'm pretty confident in those core guys and 2 of the frosh. So, it all comes down to Roberson. Could he surprise and be that breakout player ? Or have I had too much to drink ?

I'm not too concerned about Roberson having a fairly pedestrian scoring night last night.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him round into form as a 13-14 ppg 9 rpg guy this year. He's capable. But in an exhibition style setting, he's not going to stand out or get the ball enough to post those numbers. He's due.

Roberson is the kind of guy who can give you 10ppg acc level off hustle/rebounds/garbage/transition he just hasn't found his nitch in the halfcout yet. Looking forward to dajuan giving him that high screen.

We are going to hear it all year. When you got forwards like gbinije malachi roberson
and guards like cooney, gbinije kaleb mismatches, screens, and switches are going to cause alot of havok.

Last edited:
IMHO next year Lydon could become a Wesley type. Mid range out to the arc.

Wes was player of the year in the Big East. Yeah, we could use a guy like him.

I'm not too concerned about Roberson having a fairly pedestrian scoring night last night.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him round into form as a 13-14 ppg 9 rpg guy this year. He's capable. But in an exhibition style setting, he's not going to stand out or get the ball enough to post those numbers. He's due.
I'd like to see three things from him this year:

1) shoot more, especially inside 15 feet. He has the mechanics. Hopefully the confidence will come along this year .. and for that to happen he's got to start getting more mid-range shots up;
2) drive more. When defenders drop off him to double DC2, make them pay. With his athletic skills, he should be driving to the basket every time they give him a step or two; and
3) feed the man the rock in transition. He's probably our most talented transition scorer. He has the elevation and speed to torch people on the break and I'd like to see our ball handlers feed him at every opportunity.

What we really need most is for everyone to stay healthy.
(Even if they do we're likely in for a difficult season).
A lot also depends on how the freshmen develop and whether Kaleb Joseph can take a big step up..

box wine? dangerous (plentiful and cheap).

If he had his academics straight Fab was an excellent player.

Remember when we played UConn and the big matchup was Fab vs Drummond, and Fab outplayed him? Drummond is now averaging 20 and 19 in the NBA now through 4 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom