McDonough roasted Da Fonz tonight... | Syracusefan.com

McDonough roasted Da Fonz tonight...

"You didn't get in?"

Great line!

More context:
LaPhonso was saying how Cuse was in his Final 4 schools he was choosing from, and how Newhouse is such a great broadcasting school.

McD - "you didn't get in?" ;)

Double burn, because it's also busting on his abilities as a broadcaster.

My favorite part was when the sideline reporter called Newhouse prestigious or whatever she said and he responded that is an excellent word for it or elite. It was so funny. I would have really been annoyed if I liked Ville.

sean is the best. such an amazing ambassador for newhouse and also a great guy. and that's taking for granted what a great voice/broadcaster he is. Really illustrates how much better he is than the trash on the ACCN.
The ACCN guys do like 2 minutes of research before the game. It's pathetic

As much as I love Sean McDonough, hearing him just makes me miss Jay Bilas and Billy Raftery all the more...especially on a Monday night in a game with two former BE teams. That trio was my favorite broadcasting team of all time. So knowledgeable and funny, and it didn't hurt that they were unabashedly pro-Orange either.

As much as I love Sean McDonough, hearing him just makes me miss Jay Bilas and Billy Raftery all the more...especially on a Monday night in a game with two former BE teams. That trio was my favorite broadcasting team of all time. So knowledgeable and funny, and it didn't hurt that they were unabashedly pro-Orange either.

The Three Wise Men.

Bilas and McDonough are favorites

Those two had good chemistry.

Had to be annoying to listen to as a Louisville fan. The one time they gave Louisville a snipet, it was about Paulus... the Syracuse QB from Syracuse!

And of course Ellis's kid plays with Buddy at Brewster.

and ellis mentioned that su was in his final 4 when choosing a college.

and ellis mentioned that su was in his final 4 when choosing a college.

I don't remember that.

Wasn't he in that 1989 [Billy Owens, DJ, etc.] class? Don't recall us being that involved with him.

I don't remember that.

Wasn't he in that 1989 [Billy Owens, DJ, etc.] class? Don't recall us being that involved with him.

too long go for me to remember. but that's what he said.

I've never had it but it's hard to believe it's better than NYC pizza.
Not close. Somebody send VT a frozen pie, it would still be better than MM

too long go for me to remember. but that's what he said.

Ditto -- that's back in the "Eastern Basketball" days of recruiting!

I remember us being involved with a lot of bigs back then [Scott Hasting, etc.] but not LaPhonso Ellis.

Ditto -- that's back in the "Eastern Basketball" days of recruiting!

I remember us being involved with a lot of bigs back then [Scott Hasting, etc.] but not LaPhonso Ellis.
He said Syracuse was in HIS final 4.
Didn't say he was in SYRACUSE's priorities.

And as for the ACC broadcast team...the guy who did PBP for Virginia game, Evan Lepler, made his bones as the lead announcer for Ultimate (Frisbee).
No kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom