mcw...again! | Syracusefan.com

mcw...again!

B

BillSU

There was a thread earlier about William's fate. Most had him gone but others had him not ready. Just a few words about the point guard. IMHO he is not ready to go to the NBA except for his age -(apparently NBA teams want good ones young). I have seen too many turnovers from him. Passes he made that went to the opposition, out of bounds, anywhere but where he was intending the ball to go. I guess you don't get all those assists without attempting them and the turnovers that go with them but I thought by now he'd be a bit better and judicial in his selection of attempts to his team. Didn't see the improvement. House burned down, needs money, yada. If he goes, bet he joins the D-League sooner than later, a la Melo and Joseph or ends up riding the pine. Perhaps JB can talk some sense into him.
If he stayed he'd be worth much more, IMO. I hope in the future a rule is introduced that if you accept a D-1 scholarship you are committed to staying 3 years. The replies indicate we all are resigned to the fact that 1-2 years is it. I'll never agree unless the player has the ability of an Anthony or James. But the chances of that are none so we watch another one go and make some money while he rides the pine.
(edited/minor content changed, cap errors, punct.) - apologies.

1. He may or may not be ready. Moot point - if he is a top 10 pick, you go. Take the money, learn and get better in the pros.

2. He won't play in the D league if he is a lottery pick. Two much money invested. He may ride the pine, but he will be on an NBA roster.

if he stayed he'd be worth much more. i hope in the future a rule is introduced that if you accept a d-1 scholarship you are committed to staying 3 years if not 4.

You've got to love comments like this that are completely and utterly wrong. If MCW stays at Syracuse, given his already advanced age of 21, he would not be worth more, he would be worth less to an NBA team next year at age 22. In today's day and age, the NBA wants you as young as possible. Just over the weekend when it came out that Muhammad from UCLA was actually going to be 21 instead of 19 as previously reported, his draft stock immediately dropped a bit.

People really need to get this through their heads. It isn't going back to the way things used to be where guys went to college 4 years then headed off to the NBA. If you are an NBA player, the teams in that league want you as early as possible in most cases. As of now, MCW is probably a top 15 pick in the draft. By coming back to school next year, there is a better chance for him to drop than there is to rise. Scouts will have an additional year to pick his game apart, find every flaw he has, and to top it off he will be one year older.

People should just start assuming that our top recruits will be here no longer than 2 years. It's not changing.

I say to the last 3 or 4 members that haven't already started their own "MCW isn't ready"
thread yet, get it out of your system now or forever hold your peace.

Or your piece, whichever you prefer.

2. He won't play in the D league if he is a lottery pick. Two much money invested. He may ride the pine, but he will be on an NBA roster.

hasheem thabeet, royce white, marcus morris, patrick obryant and jeremy lamb disagree with you.

Not sure why people think an extra year in college with 30 or so games 10-12 of which are against inferior opponents will get him so much better than the D league and NBA preseason. If the worst thing that happens to the kid is he gets a guaranteed contract and is on the Maine Redclaws he is having an ok life. The NBA doesnt work for him he can head overseas and make a pretty nice living.

Picture this, you are in your Sophmore year of college studying Communications. you get the opportunity to go to ESPN but you risk having to be on ESPNU instead of Sportcenter, but you have a guaranteed salary that will make you a millionaire. Do you decline that so you can stay in college an extra year to get better?

According to Forbes magazine the expected slary for the 12th pick in this years draft is 1.759million per year with a 2 year guarantee.

The other option is he sticks around and risks his draft stock dropping further from a projected lottery pick, or moving to a better pick. In a risk reward setting the answer is a simple one, IF he is still considered a lottery pick at seasons end.

Folks MCW is gone, it doesn't matter what happens Thursday, after the season, at his next summer BBQ, if cyprus gets a bailout, if Cali posts a coherent thought..etc He is gone please move on for the love of all that his holy.

there was a thread earlier about williams fate. most had him gone but others had him not ready. just a few words about the point guard. imho: he is nowhere neart ready to go to the nba. i have seen too many turnovers from him. passes he made that went to the opposition, out of bounds, anywhere but where he was intending the ball to go. i guess you don't get all those assists without attempting them and the turnovers that go with them but i thought by now he'd be a bit better and judicial in his selection of attempts to his team. didn't see the improvement. house burned down, needs money yada. if he goes, bet he joins the d league sooner than later a la melo and joseph or ends up riding the pine. perhaps jb can't talk some sense into him.
if he stayed he'd be worth much more. i hope in the future a rule is introduced that if you accept a d-1 scholarship you are committed to staying 3 years if not 4.
People need to stop with this. Let MCW get his money and take care of his family. Whether you think he's ready or not he'll be drafted somewhere in the top 20. Everybody keeps talking about next year but who knows if his draft position would even improve that much with Wiggins, Harrison Twins, Randle, Parker, Gordon etc etc being in next year draft. This year draft is very very weak, while next year is looking like the strongest in some time.

there was a thread earlier about williams fate. most had him gone but others had him not ready. just a few words about the point guard. imho: he is nowhere neart ready to go to the nba. i have seen too many turnovers from him. passes he made that went to the opposition, out of bounds, anywhere but where he was intending the ball to go. i guess you don't get all those assists without attempting them and the turnovers that go with them but i thought by now he'd be a bit better and judicial in his selection of attempts to his team. didn't see the improvement. house burned down, needs money yada. if he goes, bet he joins the d league sooner than later a la melo and joseph or ends up riding the pine. perhaps jb can't talk some sense into him.
Why? The school is only committed for one year. Why should a player be obligated longer than the school.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I say to the last 3 or 4 members that haven't already started their own "MCW isn't ready"
thread yet, get it out of your system now or forever hold your peace.

Or your piece, whichever you prefer.

it's a curious strategy they are pursuing - telling how much they think he sucks and how little they like him in an effort to get him to return

I bet they tell their girlfriends they are fat and ugly and nobody else will have them, just hours before they begin begging them to come back.

You've got to love comments like this that are completely and utterly wrong. If MCW stays at Syracuse, given his already advanced age of 21, he would not be worth more, he would be worth less to an NBA team next year at age 22. In today's day and age, the NBA wants you as young as possible. Just over the weekend when it came out that Muhammad from UCLA was actually going to be 21 instead of 19 as previously reported, his draft stock immediately dropped a bit.

People really need to get this through their heads. It isn't going back to the way things used to be where guys went to college 4 years then headed off to the NBA. If you are an NBA player, the teams in that league want you as early as possible in most cases. As of now, MCW is probably a top 15 pick in the draft. By coming back to school next year, there is a better chance for him to drop than there is to rise. Scouts will have an additional year to pick his game apart, find every flaw he has, and to top it off he will be one year older.

People should just start assuming that our top recruits will be here no longer than 2 years. It's not changing.

I think you're overstating the nba's "love" of drafting guys as you g as possible. I think many teams are growing leery of bringing in kids who are too immature and Investing all that money only for the kid to take 2 or 3 years to develop. Remember there are only 12 spots on the roster. There's not much room to stash prospects who may or may not pan out.

I agree that he will leave but the question is why? The typical answer is for the money. But we have been assured in the "house afire" thread that MCW and his family is fabulously wealthy already. So that's out. The second most common answer is because it is his dream to play in the NBA. But even the most ardent MCW-to-the-NBA supporters have him pegged as a D-Leaguer destined for Europe.

So what gives? Just the thrill of hearing David Stern call your name?

Did anyone else see the thread title and instantly think this was going to be Lord&Taylor Part Duex?
It was either that or maybe he made a public comment about how Syracuse is just a better program than Indiana (a la Georgetown)

I. But even the most ardent MCW-to-the-NBA supporters have him pegged as a D-Leaguer destined for Europe.
what on earth are you talking about? I think he is going to be drafted by a team that needs a PG and will either start or get solid #2 minutes behind a veteran FA. PG is a position of need in the NBA and whoever picks him is going to do whatever it takes to develop him.

Could Europe or the D-League be in his future - of course; he's a Syracuse product, after all, and the Orange have a shitty track record at producing NBA players. But right now, he has as good if not better chance at sticking around for a 2nd contract as did recent lottery picks Wes Johnson and Jonny Flynn.

I think he should go; I think it is right for him to go; I think it is important for the future of SU basketball for him to go and to succeed. And to that end, I think he stands a far better chance at improving and having a decently long career by moving up and into NBA coaching ASAP.

I agree that he will leave but the question is why? The typical answer is for the money. But we have been assured in the "house afire" thread that MCW and his family is fabulously wealthy already. So that's out. The second most common answer is because it is his dream to play in the NBA. But even the most ardent MCW-to-the-NBA supporters have him pegged as a D-Leaguer destined for Europe.

So what gives? Just the thrill of hearing David Stern call your name?

Your parents having money doesn't mean you have money. What if, and i know this may seem crazy, but what if MCW actually thinks he is a good player who will make it at the next level. Secondly i disagree that he will be mor eNBA ready by sticking around an extra year. He can develop in the D league as well, and learn to play the NBA style, which many Cuse players have struggled with in the past

this is a weak draft. next year's draft is strong. you can get better while playing in the nba believe it or not.

just what early commits are ready for the nba these days? there are just so many Carmelo Anthony's.

You could say Anthony Davis could of benefited from another year. I really don't get why people keep bringing up the obvious?

MCW isn't ready. 80-90% of the players drafted are not ready. It has very little to do with being ready and ALOT to do with potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom