MCW officially declares | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW officially declares

Sorry, but this kid is right now a good college player, but there is no way he can survive at point in the pros. His ball handle is suspect, he passes too many floaters, his shot is no where near as good as it needs to be, and he is just not strong enough. He should have stayed at least one more year. I wish him the best moving on, but don't believe he will stick for long. Hope he gets a huge signing check he will need it.

johnny flynn seems to be doing pretty good in the pro's too...oh wait

johnny flynn seems to be doing pretty good in the pro's too...oh wait
good thing he got paid before ruining his hip

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Stop it. People should be bummed but it was waaaaaay worse losing Johnny Flynn early. Flynn was ten times the player that mcw was

I have to say this is Insane. Flynn as a personal creator on offense but does not hold a candle to MCW defensively. Even if you gave the edge to Flynn it is so far from ten times better. Just an uninformed post

I'm always curious how quickly SU players will adjust to going from a TEAM defense back to man to man. In MCW's case it shouldn't be too hard being he really only played one year.

It was fun having him here, and while I think he has a lot of developing to do both physically and skill set=wise in order to be productive in the NBA and that he would have benefited from another year to unlearn the antics, jump passes, and develop a shot, I suppose he can take care of that in the pros and not have to worry about injury. I wish him all the best of luck and hope he is the outlier of the early departing Orange.

I'm always curious how quickly SU players will adjust to going from a TEAM defense back to man to man. In MCW's case it shouldn't be too hard being he really only played one year.

It was fun having him here, and while I think he has a lot of developing to do both physically and skill set=wise in order to be productive in the NBA and that he would have benefited from another year to unlearn the antics, jump passes, and develop a shot, I suppose he can take care of that in the pros and not have to worry about injury. I wish him all the best of luck and hope he is the outlier of the early departing Orange.

I would love to have seen what he could have become as a junior and a senior. But he would have been 23 years old by then and working for free. Bring on Tyler and G.

I wish Michael Carter-Williams only the very best on his new NBA career and really appreciate how much he helped make this an unbelievable season. Yes, I was one of those still hoping/dreaming that he might come to SU with another 15 lbs of muscle and completely dominate next year but it was not to be.

I wish Carter-Williams nothing but the best. His two years here at SU was a helluva run [yes, I know he didn't play a lot last year, but he was part of the team]. Two amazing years, back to back.

It wasn't difficult to project he would be gone from the jump, especially when he started playing so well early on. The lottery projections coupled with his age, and also the tragedy of his family losing their home all combine to make it a no-brainer for him to go.
My only regret is that we won't get a chance to see how good he would be next year, with a year of additional development. But I'm grateful that we got him instead of Tony Wroten--thanks for the magical season, MCW!

As I was watching the story on Rondo rehabbing, it struck me that MCW might be teh next Rondo, at least in style. Tall guard, poor shooter coming out of college, best in transition. MCW not the defender Rondo is, at least not yet.

Really enjoyed watching Michael play for Syracuse. I wish him all the best for his future. He has a chance to be an all pro if he works hard and addresses the weaknesses in his game.

I think the SU system was a perfect fit for MCW. MCW will probably not be near the defender in the NBA as he was here. Our zone really highlights the advantages of length, even for the guards.

I think the success of MCW in our system should be a beacon for the tall guards. A lot of tall guards have the problem of keeping up with the quickness of their peers. MTM can be a problem for them, but the zone can make them look like heroes.

But if JB keeps bringing in the baby giraffes he is going to need to get some ball handlers before we start playing LVille regularly again.

MCW is a year older than Kyrie Irving, who has already made $10 million+ in salary alone. And Mike has to have seen that commercial he was in.

He's no Kyrie Irving? :eek: Tell him that. :confused: