Media Embedded in Tweets | Syracusefan.com

Media Embedded in Tweets

DeGrozz

All American
Anyone else having problems with media embedded in Tweets not playing on this site? I am getting a message that says 'The media could not be played' with a refresh circular arrow below it.

But when I open a Tweet and play it on the actual Twitter page, they always work for me.

Anyone else having problems with media embedded in Tweets not playing on this site? I am getting a message that says 'The media could not be played' with a refresh circular arrow below it.

But when I open a Tweet and play it on the actual Twitter page, they always work for me.
Agree. Embedded Twitter video doesn't work for me either.

Using Firefox.

Agree. Embedded Twitter video doesn't work for me either.

Using Firefox.

Thanks for reminding me to say the browser. I'm on a Macbook and using Chrome.

Thanks for reminding me to say the browser. I'm on a Macbook and using Chrome.
I too am experiencing this phenomenon. I am using an iPad Pro. I can open embedded tweets from Safari but not from Chrome. Unfortunately I much prefer Chrome.

even though it says the media could not be played, press on that circular arrow. Takes me to the play button. Of course then press the play button.

even though it says the media could not be played, press on that circular arrow. Takes me to the play button. Of course then press the play button.
I don't get "media could not be played". I click on the blue play button:
1589203518914.png

and then get this - nothing.
1589203555197.png

Happens with Firefox and Chrome.
1589203644296.gif

I think I normally get that media cannot be played error and normally, when I try again, it does work. But something changed recently where this stopped working from Chrome. Even if I try it 10 times.

Latest Chrome version is 81.0.4044.138

I'm not having any Chrome issues at all.

I haven't been seeing tweets as of late just the bird icon.

Im updating the media pack. This may help. Or not.
I was wondering if you completed updating the media pack. I'm still having the issue with Twitter videos.

Update is complete. The problem is on twitter's end. They make changes and expect the world to adapt. I can't put any time or money into this. My guess is the media addon will get it fixed in a week or two. Probably sooner. These thing always resolve on their own.

if anyone wants to help, reply with your OS and browser version, and say if you can or cannot see the tweets. I'll pass the info on.

Last edited:
Update is complete. The problem is on twitter's end. They make changes and expect the world to adapt. I'll put no time nor money into this. My guess is the media addon will get it fixed in a week or two. Probably sooner.

if anyone wants to help, reply with your OS and browser version, and say if you can or cannot see the tweets. I'll pass the info on.
Thanks, Tom. Appreciate the update.

Firefox and Windows 10.

Works for me on three browsers. But don't watch the Patton Oswalt show. It's terrible.
You fixed it for me! IPad using Chrome. Thanks so much!

Agreed, Patton is not on top of his game here.

That works for me now again in Chrome on my laptop

You fixed it for me! IPad using Chrome. Thanks so much!

Agreed, Patton is not on top of his game here.

Thanks, but I didn't do anything. This happen two or three times a year. Usually when twitter or a browser is updated. The problem resolves itself after a day or three.

Last edited:
Still doesn't work using Firefox. Here's what I see after clicking the Play button:

1589919072654.png

1589919083434.gif

Not working for me on my iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors