Meet Louisville's new head coach | Syracusefan.com

Meet Louisville's new head coach

At least he showed up to the press conference this time! Guy is a huge tool. I will be bringing a Tu Holloway sign to our first game against them in the Dome.

Are they serious? They couldn’t find another experienced coach out there? If only NC State hadn’t found their groove, the Cards could have had Keats.

I can't stand Louisville and have rejoiced in their misery of the last 2 years...I get all the talk if you're seeing this guy for the first time, but I live in Charleston, been to games, and have close friends who are season ticket holders. He's passionate, energetic, and a good coach, and CofC sold out every game even before this season started. He's got a good family, involved in community, and will be better than they've had in a while (kind of like a Fran but without the resume). He'll have the team running up and down the court, which will be liked by a lot of players once they play in the system. I had CofC beating Bama in the first round, which obviously didn't happen but they did put up 96 pts against them, 62 in the 2nd half.

All of the "L" and CardNation (which he screwed up the first time he said it), was just show and he had to do it to appease the fanbase. I don't think it's going to be next year because he doesn't have the buy-in yet to bring in big names, but he'll get there once the kids start seeing his style and play.

I can't stand Louisville and have rejoiced in their misery of the last 2 years...I get all the talk if you're seeing this guy for the first time, but I live in Charleston, been to games, and have close friends who are season ticket holders. He's passionate, energetic, and a good coach, and CofC sold out every game even before this season started. He's got a good family, involved in community, and will be better than they've had in a while (kind of like a Fran but without the resume). He'll have the team running up and down the court, which will be liked by a lot of players once they play in the system. I had CofC beating Bama in the first round, which obviously didn't happen but they did put up 96 pts against them, 62 in the 2nd half.

All of the "L" and CardNation (which he screwed up the first time he said it), was just show and he had to do it to appease the fanbase. I don't think it's going to be next year because he doesn't have the buy-in yet to bring in big names, but he'll get there once the kids start seeing his style and play.
Thanks for your insight. Because, based on that speech, he sounded like a two bit televangelist grifter.

Actually a good hire. Shame we haven’t been able to take advantage of them being in the dumpster for a few years.

He reminds me of Hurley who everyone insisted was an awful coach on here until 12 months ago.

Interesting. I couldn’t watch more than 30 seconds of that presser. Sounds like he is a better coach than a speaker

Interesting. I couldn’t watch more than 30 seconds of that presser. Sounds like he is a better coach than a speaker
Yes but he is good at the post game pressers and in the locker room (from what is public) - just don't ask him to put 5 years at $2.5M per on the line (which BTW last year CofC gave him 5 years at $1M per, highest in the CAA) and thrust into a spotlight where he needs to talk for 20 mins and convince thousands of fans that he's their guy, donate to NIL, etc.

Last thing I'll say because I care more about the Asst that Red is going to bring on than this...almost the entire CofC lineup is now in the transfer portal. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a couple to set the cultural base, since they're bought in and know the system.

A million times better than the usual coach pablum at these things.
Bravo.

The only thing now is for the Orange to own his rear end.

This kind of sports humor requires a long set up. It is not Rodney Dangerfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom