Melo and Ja Morant | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Melo and Ja Morant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article about how Melo matured, changed his priorities, and could help out current younger stars such as Ja Morant do the same.

And yet George Karl was still grinding that axe when interviewed during the Finals. He can't speak without slandering Melo. Guy is such a Richard

25 game suspension. What a cop out by the NBA.
I don't think you can really punish him any further.

Don't get me wrong walking around 24/7 in your personal time with a handgun in your hand especially when you are drinking/partying and listening to music is sort of the worst thing someone can do in their personal time outside of work/privacy of their own home etc etc. But certain demographics of the NBA fanbase rooting for him to be punished as if he had actually used the gun and shot someone is equally wrong.

Silver can't give him jail time hes not a free agent teams just can't sign he has a contract and CBA protections. That said its only a matter of time before something worse happens if every time he drinks he decides to grab a loaded gun and wave it around.

Don't get me wrong walking around 24/7 in your personal time with a handgun in your hand especially when you are drinking/partying and listening to music is sort of the worst thing someone can do in their personal time outside of work/privacy of their own home etc etc. But certain demographics of the NBA fanbase rooting for him to be punished as if he had actually used the gun and shot someone is equally wrong.

Silver can't give him jail time hes not a free agent teams just can't sign he has a contract and CBA protections. That said it’s only a matter of time before something worse happens if every time he drinks he decides to grab a loaded gun and wave it around.
You’re not wrong, he’s an idiot but he’s not technically a criminal as far as I know.

Silver can't give him jail time hes not a free agent teams just can't sign he has a contract and CBA protections. That said its only a matter of time before something worse happens if every time he drinks he decides to grab a loaded gun and wave it around.
And this is why my kids don’t watch the NBA nor follow players.

Don’t get me wrong - we’re having converstions about Mr Beast - but loaded guns often lead to … Brandon Miller.

Maybe we can bet the under on a homicide? Vegas got that prop bet?

And this is why my kids don’t watch the NBA nor follow players.

Don’t get me wrong - we’re having converstions about Mr Beast - but loaded guns often lead to … Brandon Miller.

Maybe we can bet the under on a homicide? Vegas got that prop bet?

Really? That is too bad.

Most of the league come from underprivilaged backgrounds this isn't the NHL where every kid had parents with the money to put them in a dozen leagues but the free time to drive them to all the practices so they were on the ice 5 hours per day growing up. Yet virtually noone acts like this and that league has far fewer arrests and off court incidents than the other pro sports.

The Alabama incident was bad but it was 99.9% the fault of one of the players friends not a member of the team he instigated everything and shot and killed a young mother. Doesn't mean the response wasn't awful from everyone involved and Oats and Miller don't look like total creeps. Darius Miles will go down with his friend and do 20 years the entire team isn't skating its just Miller. If that happened somewhere else or it was a lesser player on Alabama who was driving and the third guy yeah its 3 people going to jail not 2.

25 game suspension. What a cop out by the NBA.
Just wrote this in the NBA thread:

25 games means he doesn’t make the 65 game qualification need for all nba and awards and won’t make all star. It means he’s losing out in tens of millions of dollars in contract ceiling if not more. Saw some reports that overall it could be 100 million. This was a lot.

25 games means he doesn’t make the 65 game qualification need for all nba and awards and won’t make all star. It means he’s losing out in tens of millions of dollars in contract ceiling if not more. Saw some reports that overall it could be 100 million. This was a lot.
Guy got legit offended over some Outkast GIFs, so….

It’s why I only use Ron Swanson gifs.

Separately, saw Outkast at Zootopia at Giants Stadium in the summer of 02 or 03. They were awesome.
Man. Lots of my friends saw them around 00-01. Don’t know why, but I missed it. They’ve raved about the show for 20+ years.

Regardless, Outkast GIFs and “ATL rap scene” posts should always be celebrated.

Saw Luda live in NYC for a work thing because we were doing something with him.

He crushed it.
I worked a Luda show in college(set up/took down stage and watched the show with a “security” shirt on)….don’t remember what was said, but he interacted with a bunch of us before the show, and we all loved him for it. Seemed like a regular, likable guy who was just having fun with it all.

Didn’t realize the 25 games had a $100m impact.
That said, slandering the NHL over “rich kids” isn’t fair either.

Last edited:
Guy got legit offended over some Outkast GIFs, so….
The scene passed him by.
green andre 3000 GIF

Plus, think of it like a probation timeline.

If there's even a whiff of him getting himself into more trouble over that time horizon, the hammer comes down even more heavily.

Why can't they follow the overwhelming majority of players in the NBA who will never commit a murder or major crime?
Anyone speaking out against him and his behavior? Crickets.

Yes there are 450 active players, some of which are good human beings. But the only time they speak up is when it satisfies their narrative.

Anyone speaking out against him and his behavior? Crickets.

Yes there are 450 active players, some of which are good human beings. But the only time they speak up is when it satisfies their narrative.
Ja has been eviscerated by high-profile NBA talking heads (Wilbon, Barkley, Shannon Sharpe, etc.)

I would bet my life that current NBA superstars like Lebron are engaging with him behind the scenes, but aren't going the route of attacking him publicly.

And that was nice of you to say that there are some good human beings in the NBA. Fingers crossed that you weren't just referring to Duncan Robinson and Cody Zeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom