Melo Article | Syracusefan.com

Melo Article

Just read it. Solid article, and speaks to his maturity. He truly seems dedicated to social justice, and it sure to me doesn't seem like a PR stunt. Good for him.

Carmelo has reached a new level in his life. His maturity and desire to push for change is truly a high water mark for him.

A great article. I learned some new things. One of them was that he was not a leader on our team. But he certainly is now!

He has a huge heart and wants the world to be a better place. The last few days have not been the easiest. He is one of the reasons I am proud to be Orange.

A great article. I learned some new things. One of them was that he was not a leader on our team. But he certainly is now!

He has a huge heart and wants the world to be a better place. The last few days have not been the easiest. He is one of the reasons I am proud to be Orange.

Maybe he wasn't a leader but he certainly came through in a number of big spots (ND games down the stretch, entire Texas game, title game) and when he was quiet someone else stepped up (Pitt - Warrick), Ok State(Edelin, Pace, McNeil) and the countless GMac daggers. Imagine Duany was the leader as a 5th year senior and solid player, as he should have been.

Loved that teams bball IQ. They were my favorite team ever well before they won the title.

Maybe he wasn't a leader but he certainly came through in a number of big spots (ND games down the stretch, entire Texas game, title game) and when he was quiet someone else stepped up (Pitt - Warrick), Ok State(Edelin, Pace, McNeil) and the countless GMac daggers. Imagine Duany was the leader as a 5th year senior and solid player, as he should have been.

Loved that teams bball IQ. They were my favorite team ever well before they won the title.
I believe the article was implying that although he was extremely valuable to us, he could allow off-court distractions to affect his on-court performances. I suspect Duany was the psychological "grandpa," role model, and verbal leader of the team, with perhaps an assist from G-Mac. In that way, the article stated that Melo was "young," but that he has certainly grown up now.

A few years ago, the Boston Globe did an article on athletes that set up foundations. They talked about how many were inefficient with a large portion going to administrative costs (and in some cases, high salaries going to friends or relatives). They noted one of the exceptions was Melo's with almost all funds going to the cause. Now, it did mention that most of the money came directly from Melo (as opposed to outside donations) but the money was doing what he said it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom