Melvin Gordon 408 yards, breaks FBS record of 406 yards by TCU's LaDainian Tomlinson | Syracusefan.com

Melvin Gordon 408 yards, breaks FBS record of 406 yards by TCU's LaDainian Tomlinson

Wow Bo Pelini can't stand prosperity apparently.

Sigh and he wanted to come to Syracuse...

Really?
He was a 4-star RB from Wisconsin who had offers from every major team in the Midwest.
Why was he so interested in SU?
What stopped him from going?

What is it about Nebraska and 400 yard games. Troy Edwards

At their request, this network is being blocked from this site., 3 start recruit. Perhaps if he had offers from Delaware St we could have landed him.

His hero was (is) Ernie Davis...we had a former player for SU under Maloney making the connection. Marrone was a meathead.
Whoa, seriously? Geez.

Wait...he really wanted to come here? Lol classic

And yeah- in my opinion, this kid reminds me of jamaal Charles 2.0

Yeah, Doug refused to speak with the kid when the kid and his family flew to Syracuse on their own dime. It's not a made up story, its what happened

And yeah- in my opinion, this kid reminds me of jamaal Charles 2.0

Fans here would have said he was too slow. Running a 4.3 but not being able to do anything in a football game is really popular.

Yeah, but we got Tyree Smallwood instead.

Oh, wait. :noidea:

Oh geez, I just searched for Melvin Gordon on this board. Yeesh.

Gordon is the reason I don't want Devine Ozigbo to be any good at Iowa State...not because I wish him to be bad, but because I don't want to think what could have been. Without knowing all details, both stories sound the same, with exception this staff finally offered Ozigbo - IMO too late and pulled after too many commits. Here's to hoping Strickland is better.

Halo said:
If that's true...pretty much sums up why we're where we are.

No it does not. I agree with the spirit of your post, but we are where we are for far worse reasons than this. And it starts way before Marrone. "Get a life."

44cuse

44cuse said:
No it does not. I agree with the spirit of your post, but we are where we are for far worse reasons than this. And it starts way before Marrone. "Get a life." 44cuse

By Get a Life are you saying because the guy who said that refused to believe college football was worth investing money into (while all our competitors were), or are you just saying it's because he said Get a Life so people are still mad about that.

Please say the former.

Please?

Didn't fit our system :rolling: :bang: :bat:

I remember a discussion of whether a guy putting up big numbers for BYU or somebody was legitimate talent or a "system quarterback", sicec other quarterbacks had also had big season there but not done well in the pros. I asked "Can we please get a 'system'? It was one of my most 'liked' posts.

Is there such a thing as a system that allows mediocre talents to put up big numbers? :noidea:

Melvin Gordon just ran Bo Pelini out of Lincoln. It seems insane to think an 8-2 team would consider firing a coach but after that performance and outcome I just can't see Nebraska keeping him if they were strongly considering firing him during this past offseason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom