Met Coach Babers today | Syracusefan.com

Met Coach Babers today

cto

Administrator
Delightful guy. After Mike Hopkins introduced us, his first words to me were: "I love your owl" (referring to the owl on a chain around my neck); "They're a sign of knowledge."

Now who could not instantly love a guy like that?

One of the things he said to Mike was: "UNLV won a basketball championship when I was there, and so did Arizona. I expect the same thing to happen here."

He's a very enthusiastic and upbeat guy. I look forward to what he will say when he's introduced at halftime tomorrow.

I'll be court side tomorrow, excited to see him speak.
High Roller...1st FB now BB! :D

You bringing your date?
indiana-fan-bra-panties.jpg

Delightful guy. After Mike Hopkins introduced us, his first words to me were: "I love your owl" (referring to the owl on a chain around my neck); "They're a sign of knowledge."

Now who could not instantly love a guy like that?

One of the things he said to Mike was: "UNLV won a basketball championship when I was there, and so did Arizona. I expect the same thing to happen here."

He's a very enthusiastic and upbeat guy. I look forward to what he will say when he's introduced at halftime tomorrow.

Can't wait to meet him myself. I really hope he strikes gold this month recruiting...we just need something like that to build on the excitement. I hope he continues the tradition of a meeting to introduce the new recruits on signing day.

Marrone's speech was good and it exactly what we wanted to hear at the time. I have a feeling Babers will knock it out of the park tomorrow. He comes across as a great public speaker but not in a way where it feels like he's selling you something.

Half the crowd is in the bathroom or at the concessions during halftime. Never understood why they do anything at halftime.

I hope he does something different than the "close your eyes" speech. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I want something fresh.

Can't wait to hear it.

Meet him briefly in the mall a couple days after he got the job. Just said "welcome to syracuse coach, we are glad to have you" and shook his hand. He said "thanks, excited to be here too".

They were taking recruits to Dave and Busters so I wasn't about to hold him up!

I hope he does something different than the "close your eyes" speech. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I want something fresh.
I hope he hypnotizes the crowd into buying season tix with his signature "close your eyes " routine.

Agree, he gave a great speech. He had me so fired up I wanted to go tackle someone.

That would have been great.. Bees flagged 15 for a hit on a defenseless usher.. :)