Met HCDB down here in NJ today | Syracusefan.com

Met HCDB down here in NJ today

jec1521

2nd String
Went to bergen catholic vs don bosco game today here in NJ. Tommy Devito looked very good. I think we will have a good one with him.

I was standing on Bergen Catholic sideline and right before half time I look across the field and see a tall guy in a bright orange syracuse shirt. I then notice the guy next to him was no one other than Dino Babers

Halftime I kind of scoped out to see if they would be busy talking to people but theyou were actually just standing by themselves. So I figured I would go walk over and introduce myself.

He and the tall guy in the orange shirt (Sean Lewis our co-OC and QB coach) were in the area for recruiting purposes. I told him we have a shot against Clemson and anybody else because our offense can put up points. and yes, I said "we" which he actually appreciated.

Extremely cool guy. very impressed with him. I think he will be great here. He has "it"

Went to bergen catholic vs don bosco game today here in NJ. Tommy Devito looked very good. I think we will have a good one with him.

I was standing on Bergen Catholic sideline and right before half time I look across the field and see a tall guy in a bright orange syracuse shirt. I then notice the guy next to him was no one other than Dino Babers

Halftime I kind of scoped out to see if they would be busy talking to people but theyou were actually just standing by themselves. So I figured I would go walk over and introduce myself.

He and the tall guy in the orange shirt (Sean Lewis our co-OC and QB coach) were in the area for recruiting purposes. I told him we have a shot against Clemson and anybody else because our offense can put up points. and yes, I said "we" which he actually appreciated.

Extremely cool guy. very impressed with him. I think he will be great here. He has "it"

Its a great story... but FYI: EVERYONE on here knew as soon as you said "tall guy in a bright orange..." we all knew it was Sean Lewis.

72722447.jpg

Its a great story... but FYI: EVERYONE on here knew as soon as you said "tall guy in a bright orange..." we all knew it was Sean Lewis.

Haha. I guess I am not as familiar with the new staff. How tall is he? Seemed like 6-4 6-5, or am I just short?

Also another interesting tidbit... My father (not a cuse fan) brought up HCDB speech after VT game. My father is a big football fan, and shall we say, very "blunt." He told HCDB that it was an awesome speech, but the locker room was terrible. HCDB laughed and said they were working on it!

Do you have a connection to BC?

Yea I went there for HS.

Non-publics a real toss-up this year.

I have connections to kids and alums on both teams.

BC soccer team's best kid committed to 'Cuse.

BC was on my running route when we lived in our first house- many moons ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom